Need help

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This is what I get. I copied everything inside of the finalize.zip
Post automatically merged:

How can I Uninstall everything from the mod then so I can redo everything? Or should I just follow the steps without removing anything?
You are trying to run a horribly outdated version of finalize script.
This is specifically why video guides are avoided to be recommended here - because they become outdated really fast.
Clean up your SD card from whatever was in that finalize.zip and follow the finalizing setup section of the guide again using the files linked there (finalize_helper.firm and finalize.romfs).

Ozzie619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, on the SD card for your system, in the root of it, is there a boot.3dsx and a boot.firm? Is there anything on your Home Screen that wasn't there before you started the process?
Yes both boot.3dsx and boot.firm are in the root. The home screen doesn't have anything new

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
because they become outdated really fast.
And the video authors just shameless copy 3ds.hacks.guide in order to monetize their mediocre at best videos… while not caring if their viewers run into trouble.

Reactions: redunka

Ozzie619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are trying to run a horribly outdated version of finalize script.
This is specifically why video guides are avoided to be recommended here - because they become outdated really fast.
Clean up your SD card from whatever was in that finalize.zip and follow the finalizing setup section of the guide again using the files linked there (finalize_helper.firm and finalize.romfs).
Ok I'll get on that right now thank you very much

Ok I'll get on that right now thank you very much
So I deleted all the files from finalize.zip. should I erase everything else or just those files?

Attachments

• 17106936728638066736837394730919.jpg
    17106936728638066736837394730919.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you get the finalize.zip? I just did a CFW on an O3DS like yours and didn't have an issue, so was the finalize.zip on your SD card when you got to Step 7? When you start up the 3DS with just the power button, what's on your Home Screen?

Why? The Luma is already on there. Finalization should be the easy part. We used to do this manually.

I said that because op stated they had already followed the steps in the Finalizing Setup section and that it did not help. That would lead me to believe they missed something else along the way but not sure where. Turns out they did NOT follow the steps from the guide because they didn't download the files from the guide. I would have certainly recommended that to begin with, but they said they already tried.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I deleted all the files from finalize.zip. should I erase everything else or just those files?
There are two files to download from the finalizing part of the guide. Run the firm and the rest should be automatic. → :)

We've really come a long way. Looking up how A9LH installation had been done. That was a lot more complex for the end user.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I erase everything else or just those files?
Only erase the files that are in that finalize.zip. Then you want to download the finalize_helper.firm and finalize.romfs and put those files where the guide says to put them.

Also, you still have a link to this finalize.zip so I can see what's in them?

Okay, I found that video and the 3DS-finalize.zip. It has the boot.3dsx and boot.firm, which are part of Luma3DS. You don't want to delete those since your Luma3DS is showing 13.0.2, that's correct. If you DID delete them, you can get those for the root of your SD card here:

https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v13.0.2

Last edited by anotherthing,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Should be good to go, just restore Luma's boot.3dsx and boot.firm as @anotherthing said above and create 'luma' folder on the root of your SD, and after that you should be able to follow the finalize part of the guide (read it carefully, it'll tell you everything you need, including how to boot firms).

Reactions: Ozzie619

Ozzie619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be good to go, just restore Luma's boot.3dsx and boot.firm as @anotherthing said above and create 'luma' folder on the root of your SD, and after that you should be able to follow the finalize part of the guide (read it carefully, it'll tell you everything you need, including how to boot firms).
Thank you guys for everything, erasing the extra pcs that it didnt need allowed me to finalize using the guide. Really thank you. Now i need to figure out how to add my old gba, and ds roms to my 3ds and run them with FBI

There are two files to download from the finalizing part of the guide. Run the firm and the rest should be automatic. → :)

We've really come a long way. Looking up how A9LH installation had been done. That was a lot more complex for the end user.
It really was all automatic

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i need to figure out how to add my old gba, and ds roms to my 3ds and run them with FBI
If you want a fairly easy way, get a Nintendo DS flash card, and put your GBA games and NDS games on that. Most cards have GBARunner2 on them these days and they'll all run NDS games. For GBA games that run poorly or won't run, you can always use mGBA or open_agb_firm to run them on the 3DS.

There are ways of putting those things on your home screen, like nds-forwarder and New Super Ultimate Injector. nds-forwarder is something you can get through Uiniversal Updater, which should have been installed via the finalizing set up. You can watch video tutorials on YouTube how to use nds-forwarder, and it's a fairly straight forward process.

For NSUI, it's on GameBrew here:

https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/New_Super_Ultimate_Injector_3DS

For some reason, NSUI27 seems to work better for me than NSUI28, but both versions are in that download.

Glad you got your 3DS working! Have fun!

Reactions: Ozzie619

Ozzie619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a fairly easy way, get a Nintendo DS flash card, and put your GBA games and NDS games on that. Most cards have GBARunner2 on them these days and they'll all run NDS games. For GBA games that run poorly or won't run, you can always use mGBA or open_agb_firm to run them on the 3DS.

There are ways of putting those things on your home screen, like nds-forwarder and New Super Ultimate Injector. nds-forwarder is something you can get through Uiniversal Updater, which should have been installed via the finalizing set up. You can watch video tutorials on YouTube how to use nds-forwarder, and it's a fairly straight forward process.

For NSUI, it's on GameBrew here:

https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/New_Super_Ultimate_Injector_3DS

For some reason, NSUI27 seems to work better for me than NSUI28, but both versions are in that download.

Glad you got your 3DS working! Have fun!
Thank you I'll check out the DS flash cards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P