Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

RaineyFae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oothax works perfectly now.i am on 11.0.033U and can access it just fine.you just need to reinstall the save by 1st resetting your game's data (optional) and then using Powersaves AND the hard copy of oot3d along wth these files.https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases/tag/06-26-16
you just need to download the top file named the same as the title that is under downloads.then go here to see how to reinstall it basically /swap save files and technically "restore"the save to the most updated version. (note: you will also need to reinstall homebrew starter pack but pick out the things that are new like the updated boot file and the several updated files within 3ds folder.)(NOTE2: the files within the folders are listed as new and post post being for old 3ds and new for new 3ds. the file you need for either is the last one listed as either N3DS_R_25600_Region_9221.bin or POST5_R_25600_region_9221.bin.(r is just meaning for region. if in us the the R would be a U and the region would be usa for example. )this is the hard copy method. if your using a digital version there is a guide for that on the page too but it will be a pain to find the save file you need to replace for it within the depths of the Nintendo 3ds folder..

Where is "then go here to see how to reinstall"? You say to go here, but don't say where "here" is and there is no link?
Also what do you mean by "but pick out the things that are new like the updated boot file and the several updated files within 3ds folder."?
Where are those files and how to I pick them out? And what do I do with them then? Where do they go?
Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out how to do this but it seems like you've left out some key details and I can't figure out what you're talking about.
I'd appreciate some help if you're willing to help.

dragonfire535

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dragonfire535.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Where is "then go here to see how to reinstall"? You say to go here, but don't say where "here" is and there is no link?
Also what do you mean by "but pick out the things that are new like the updated boot file and the several updated files within 3ds folder."?
Where are those files and how to I pick them out? And what do I do with them then? Where do they go?
Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out how to do this but it seems like you've left out some key details and I can't figure out what you're talking about.
I'd appreciate some help if you're willing to help.

What he's explaining is not really all that important...you don't NEED to update boot.3dsx afaik. Just place the starter pack (or whatever homebrew you desire) on the SD Card and follow the powersaves instructions as usual.

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the files you need from the homebrew starter pack (after redownloaded) is the boot.3dsx which has been changed slightly after 6/26/16. re downloading the latest hombrew will give the latest 3dsx file and slight other new goodies within the 3ds file hat comes with it,but u only need the install files (the folder as well) and if you want, the ftpd files/folder (no idea what this app does in homebrew.) when dragging the install folder and the new boot.3dsx file to the sd card (boot.3dsx in usual place of the root of the sd card and installer in the 3ds folder on that sd card) the pc will prompt you if you want to copy and replace which will replace the old boot3dsx file with the new one but give the new one all the detail looks of date and time tht the old one had. DO NOT CLICK ANY OF THE OTHER OPTIONS THAT APPEAR! the same prompt will occur for the installer folder in the 3ds folder but will ask if you want to merge it with the other click yes. it will fuse the folders into one and another prompt will come up tht will ask if you want to copy and replace,copy and keep both, select copy and replace and before you continue fully, there should be a check mark spot that will be available on the prompt that says "do this for the next conflicts?" make sure it is checked so it copy and replaces all the files with their corresponding file. the reason oothax would not work right off the bat when you update the payload in homebrew is because apparently even when you select the right firmware and it downloads, it sticks to the 10.7 or lower ones but makes you think it is on a 11.0.033 payload which in turn means u need to manually install the new payload for it(it is easy with a powersaves not so much with a digital since it's files are deep in the sd card itself). also the homebrew's version can affect it's accessibility depending if it's oldest or latest.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently I'm am some special sun of a gun because for me NTR(uses svchax) still works on 11.0.0-33E Luma3DS A9LH(Sysnand if that makes any thing different)

Luma adds back the svcbackdoor function which was "fixed" in 11.0, which is what NTR uses (as well as patching out the downgrade check). NTR will not work on a stock 11.0 system.

If I switch to A9Lh sysnad 11.0 will that make my Cubic Ninja copy useless? Yes? No?

If you have a9lh (or even 9.2 menuhax + emunand) then Cubic Ninja is already useless. Just install and use the HBL cia for those rare times HBL is needed (most homebrew is either available as a cia or has alternatives available as a cia).

xDevlinx21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Canada
So I managed to snag a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe for relatively cheap and now have an entry point to Homebrew Launcher running on my 11.0.0-33U N3DS. Now that I have access to Homebrew Launcher, what can I do being on the newest firmware? Ultimately I'd love to install A9Lh but don't have the tools or know-how to hardmod downgrade.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I managed to snag a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe for relatively cheap and now have an entry point to Homebrew Launcher running on my 11.0.0-33U N3DS. Now that I have access to Homebrew Launcher, what can I do being on the newest firmware? Ultimately I'd love to install A9Lh but don't have the tools or know-how to hardmod downgrade.
Your only option to downgrade from 11.0 is by using a hardmod. Either stay on 11.0 and just use userland homebrew, find someone to do a hardmod downgrade for you, or buy another 3DS on an earlier firmware.

xDevlinx21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Canada
Your only option to downgrade from 11.0 is by using a hardmod. Either stay on 11.0 and just use userland homebrew, find someone to do a hardmod downgrade for you, or buy another 3DS on an earlier firmware.
but don't have the tools or know-how to hardmod downgrade.

Also, other than downgrading and custom themes, what purpose does Homebrew Launcher serve? I just want to know what I can do with it currently being that I cannot downgrade. Is it ultimately useless to me at the moment? Thanks.

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
besides adding themes /changing themes on the 3ds, you can customize badges(requires badge arcade,and the custom badge importer app or gytb i think it is called..) you can modify amount of playcoins you have,(requires playcoins haxx on the sd card.) and play region locked games without the lock,and add gba games,nes games and so but how you add them in to work with mgba or the other emulators for homebrew is a mystery to me a bit.. plus it is kinda useless to hardmod downgrade your system if you can already access homebrew on 11.0.0-33(unless your trying to get to the heart of your system.) a9lh has a lot of steps to get it working and it can ultimately destroy your system if done incorrectly..plus hrdmodding a system usually means opening the system until you can get to the mother board or whatever is the main root of the system's version firmware and physically removing it and smeltering an older one into it's place but even then it is dangerous to do that as tht can also harm your system entirely. if you insist on hardmodding your system to try getting a9lh on your system, you should see a professional or someone who has done it before.

Reactions: xDevlinx21

xDevlinx21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Canada
besides adding themes /changing themes on the 3ds, you can customize badges(requires badge arcade,and the custom badge importer app or gytb i think it is called..) you can modify amount of playcoins you have,(requires playcoins haxx on the sd card.) and play region locked games without the lock,and add gba games,nes games and so but how you add them in to work with mgba or the other emulators for homebrew is a mystery to me a bit.. plus it is kinda useless to hardmod downgrade your system if you can already access homebrew on 11.0.0-33(unless your trying to get to the heart of your system.) a9lh has a lot of steps to get it working and it can ultimately destroy your system if done incorrectly..plus hrdmodding a system usually means opening the system until you can get to the mother board or whatever is the main root of the system's version firmware and physically removing it and smeltering an older one into it's place but even then it is dangerous to do that as tht can also harm your system entirely. if you insist on hardmodding your system to try getting a9lh on your system, you should see a professional or someone who has done it before.
Thank you very much @BLarghsalot!. Having a GBA emulator should be rather nice. I'll be able to load up all the good classics now that I have a 64gb SD for my 3DS. Am I able to backup physical copies of my 3DS games or is that something related to CFW? Also, I will most definitely NOT be doing a hardmod on my own, if I can find someone to do it for my, great. I'll wait for a software related downgrade.

9Blades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any update on Ninjhax?
Also, is there a DS emulator available on homebrew? Wanna play Summon Night X's fan translation on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...