Hacking Up gradeing Acekard 2i for 1.4 problem.

bgengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this problem...

I have 2 acekards... neither were upgraded to work on the new 1.4 DSI firmware.
I have 2 DSIs one with 1.4 firmware and one with 1.3 firmware.
I followed the instructions and upgraded one using the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds" file and ran it on my DSI that had 1.3 firmware... and it worked fine and now works on my DSI ( 1.4 firmware no problem).

I then did the same with my second Acekard but it did not work and now this acekard will not work on either DSI with either Mirco Sd card....

The Acekard Does show up as a "Danny Phantom Urban Jungle" game ( which is normal I believe ?) but when i try to run it - it reports the following
error :
An error has occurred. Press and Hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. etc....

I have confirmed the SD cards are fine ( they both work in the good acekard ... and the good acekard will work in both DSIs ... so the problem is somewhere in the acekard itself ...

Has anyone seen this issue and can it be fixed ?

thanks

bgengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By "Trying to upgrade the one thats not working again" I assume you mean copy the update.nds file on to the micro sd and try and run it again ? ... I've tried this but when I boot up the DSI sees the acekard ( "Danny Phantom Urban Jungle" game ) but when i try to run it - it reports the following
error :
An error has occurred. Press and Hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. etc....

so I can't even get into the SD to run the update.nds file ..
any other ideas ?

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Try putting ak2ifw_update_14_DSL on the micro SD of the working acekard2i and run it then update (even though you already did) then since you opened ak2ifw_update_14_DSL it's gonna ask you to remove your acekard2i and put another one in. Do that and see if it works...... Good luck with it! (I highly recommend you try running it on a DS lite just to see if it works, If it doesn't, then your micro SD is probably corrupted and don't worry about your games because they can be recovered)

bgengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nadoon, thanks for your suggestion - sorry for the delay in getting back to you..

Before I try your suggestion I've noticed something...
I've got my hands on a NDS ( not NDSi) and tried the faulty acekard in it ...and it powers up fine !!

I'm not sure what this means ..it still won't work in the NDSi...... does it makes sense to you ?

Based on this, what would you suggest I do to get it working on the NDSi again ?

Can I copy the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds file to the Acekard, put it in the NDS and run it or put the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds in the acekard, put it in the NDS and run it ?

remember the NDS ( not NDSi) is the only console I can get this Acekard to boot up in - so I assume I will be doing the update (again ) in teh NDS now ? but which file do I run ?

greatful for any suggestions .. regards

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
What? I suggested you try reupdate the old one first. Why do I bother helping you people
dry.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Optimatum said:
If you're on DSi, use the DSi updater. If on DSL or DSphat, use the DSL updater. Why is that so hard?
Actually, you can use the DSL and DSi updater on the DS Lite. The DSL file is jsut for upgrading more that one cart at a time.

bgengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, thanks for the advice ...

re- updateing again, this time on the DSL using the DSi updater ( as ShatteredScreens suggested) worked !!! .....

PS. Some guys might have a bit more patience with us newbies - Despite insistance from some that I re-update - you'll see from my posts above I couldn't re-update as the thing would no longer boot up on either 1.4 or 1.3 DSIs.
It wasn't until I got my hands on a DSL that I noticed it would boot up on that - hence I asked whats the best way forward from there ???

Appreciate the help but no need for the "Why do I bother" and "Why is that so hard" comments

skeeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i updated my dsi also to 1.4 and im gettin tha prob wit tha acekard and i tried evry way possible to fix it...it isnt bein read in tha DSL...and i have tha updates on tha card...im thinkin my last resort is finding anothr dsi then updating tha card....is there anothr way i can do it because idk anyone else that has a dsi

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
skeeman said:
ok so i updated my dsi also to 1.4 and im gettin tha prob wit tha acekard and i tried evry way possible to fix it...it isnt bein read in tha DSL...and i have tha updates on tha card...im thinkin my last resort is finding anothr dsi then updating tha card....is there anothr way i can do it because idk anyone else that has a dsi
ye wll wut u hav 2 do is rite get da dsite or da dsi dat dunt hav da 1.3 updte an a nutha flahscrat den use da dsl updare 2 den liek setup da updat bt den u swich in da acekrd dat dun wrk an it uapdtes thn it shud works
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
oh rite but u crnt use da dsi cos u jst cnt rite so it haz 2 be a dsl k?

skeeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanna kno if i can use sumone elses dsi to update tha card...because using a ds lite isnt workin for me

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
skeeman said:
i just wanna kno if i can use sumone elses dsi to update tha card...because using a ds lite isnt workin for me
If it doens't load by itself, you need to use the DSL updater which updates multiple carts at once. Basically, if it doesn't work, you need a DSL to fix it.

skeeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but ive tried loading my acekard into different DSLs and none of them even see that its in tha port...thats y im askin if i can use a non-updated dsi to update my acekard instead

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
skeeman said:
ok but ive tried loading my acekard into different DSLs and none of them even see that its in tha port...thats y im askin if i can use a non-updated dsi to update my acekard instead
No because you need the DSL update, which happens to only work on the DSL. I'm sure I explained that before, maybe another thread. Oh well.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
skeeman said:

you need to boot up using the working card in a ds/dslite and run the dsl version of the update from the working card, then swap the cards when it tells you to.

if the dsl update doesn't detect the broken card, then either it's really broken or it's a contact issue.

just because the dsl can't see the card if it's inserted when you turn on the ds/dslite, is no indication.

skeeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well since it requires a whole other card just to fix it i may as well just buy a new one that is recommended as better

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
skeeman said:
well since it requires a whole other card just to fix it i may as well just buy a new one that is recommended as better

Well it may be a contact issue. It apparently is common, though I haven't seen it. There are DIY fixes for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk