1. 83TropicStorm

OP 83TropicStorm Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello! I am having a slight issue. I am using Unity for 3DS and I am trying to launch the project on my 3DS (as one does). This is with a blank project as well.

Here's the issue:
    I'm building a *.cci and *.cia file. I install the *.cia file with set developer UNITINFO enabled on Luma3DS and it installs however when I go to launch it, I just get a black screen after the 3DS splash. It does the same thing if I covert the *.cci file using Godmode9.

I've tried playing with various settings but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am using a New Nintendo 3DS if that's useful.

Edit: I have done some playing around and everything seems to be working... except for rendering. Audio playback works fine. I'm gonna play around with it some more and see if I can figure out how to get things to actually render.

Edit: I was able to get something to render but for some reason materials aren't rendering, they just appear as black souless voids.

Last edited by 83TropicStorm, Apr 13, 2020
  2. MG4M3R

MG4M3R GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    You are probably using a shader not supported by 3DS on one or more of your materials.

The supported default unity shaders are:

-LegacyDiffuse
    -LegacyLightmappedVertexLit
    -LegacyTransparentCutoutVertexLit
    -LegacyTransparentVertexLit
    -LegacyVertexLit
    -MobileParticlesAdditive
    -MobileParticlesAlphaBlended
    -MobileParticlesMultiply
    -MobileParticlesVertexLitBlended
    -MobileUnlit
    -MobileVertexLit

3. unoctium1

unoctium1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'd also double check any textures used. I've found that using too large textures often results in things not rendering in builds. You should be using 128x128 px textures when possible

4. MG4M3R

MG4M3R GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    If I'm not mistaken, the resolution of the textures also needs to be a multiple of 8.
    So the smallest texture possible needs to be 8x8.

5. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Textures dimensions need to be a power of 2 (but don't need to be square of course).

6. rolenks
    This message by rolenks has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 27, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Oct 27, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - launch, Unity, games