Hacking Uninstalled CIOSCORP Can Still see Games in the Disc Channel

Frozen_Fish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I searched around and couldn't find any help,

I installed the CIOSCORP wads through WAD Manager a while ago and have become unhappy with it, so I went to uninstall it by reinstalling all the original (trucha-patched) IOSes with WAD Manager but when I finished installing them and went to the menu, I can still see the game in the disc channel. I can see it but if I try to launch it it gives me an error. I may have missed an IOS, but I think I reinstalled all of them.

I have reinstalled the following trucha-patched IOSes:
9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 53, 55 and 60

I am on 4.0 PAL and running the system menu on IOS60 from preloader.

Any helps greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could do a test: Let Preloader run the System Menu from IOS30. In the Menu you then stick a normal retail disc in and boot it. Return to System Menu and try a backup disc. It should not be recognized at all.

Then change the IOS back to 60 and do the same. The backup disc must be out of your drive before you start the System Menu with IOS60.

Reads a little bit annoying but it helped me with the same at a friends Wii. No backup got read in the Disc Channel anymore.

Frozen_Fish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fulgore said:
Are you positive that your most recently installed IOS60 isn't "CORPed"?
THANK YOU! I guess the copy of IOS60 I was installing (which I thought was clean
wacko.gif
) was actually CORP'd. I ran the IOS60 Updater from this thread on my wii to double check for you and it downloaded and patched a clean version for me, I then just reinstalled preloader and backups no longer show up in the disc channel!

Thanks Again!
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o