Hacking Uninstall BootMii

KushiRules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed BootMii a couple of days ago with the new homebrew channel. I think it is annoying having to walk over to the Wii or use a gamecube controller to start my Wii.
Don't get me wrong. I like BootMii. But it should be WiiMote compatible. How do I take it off and have the wii go to system menu when I turn it on. Or if there is a way to make it WiiMote compatible

sbygel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if you can uninstall it, but you can skip bootmii by renaming the bootmii folder on the sd-card to something like disabled_bootmii. Dunno if you have to set preloader to "system menu" as well. Anyway its working for me.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put your SD card in your computer.. go to the BootMii folder and open bootmii.ini and change the autoboot setting to system menu. Simple as that. No need to panic and try to do something stupid and delete BootMii and end up bricking your Wii in the process. No need to remove the folder from your SD card or rename it or hide it somewhere else..

Look for this part and either make sure it isn't commented out, or change it to the appropriate action.

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can remove it for real with installing a boot2.wad (v4 recommend forLu64+ etc)
You can find them in discs.

But that is to dangerous, and if you brick. BootMii isn't there anymore to un brick your Wii
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later