Uninstall BootMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KushiRules, Aug 26, 2009.

Aug 26, 2009

Uninstall BootMii by KushiRules at 8:47 PM (5,233 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. KushiRules
    OP

Newcomer KushiRules Member

United States
    I installed BootMii a couple of days ago with the new homebrew channel. I think it is annoying having to walk over to the Wii or use a gamecube controller to start my Wii.
    Don't get me wrong. I like BootMii. But it should be WiiMote compatible. How do I take it off and have the wii go to system menu when I turn it on. Or if there is a way to make it WiiMote compatible

2. sbygel

Newcomer sbygel Member

United States
    I dont know if you can uninstall it, but you can skip bootmii by renaming the bootmii folder on the sd-card to something like disabled_bootmii. Dunno if you have to set preloader to "system menu" as well. Anyway its working for me.

3. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just don't put in the SD card when you start up your Wii. Bootmii won't boot up. It would be stupid to uninstall Bootmii just for that.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Wiimote will likely never be compatible with BootMii, as BootMii is too low level to support the bluetooth driver.

5. Nikj14

Member Nikj14 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    just rename the folder like someone said above and then if you need it set it back.

6. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just put your SD card in your computer.. go to the BootMii folder and open bootmii.ini and change the autoboot setting to system menu. Simple as that. No need to panic and try to do something stupid and delete BootMii and end up bricking your Wii in the process. No need to remove the folder from your SD card or rename it or hide it somewhere else..

Look for this part and either make sure it isn't commented out, or change it to the appropriate action.

# Autoboot, possible settings:
    # SYSMENU, HBC
    AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

7. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    You can remove it for real with installing a boot2.wad (v4 recommend forLu64+ etc)
    You can find them in discs.

But that is to dangerous, and if you brick. BootMii isn't there anymore to un brick your Wii [​IMG]