sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
since moderator thinks i'm violating some rules of this board and removed some links, i decided to not release it anymore.

I don't have strong intention to push it to public. I developed it to myself and it will remain so.

Sorry if i ruined someone's expectations or even harmed.

P.S.: please don't PM me about UniiLoader or NAND Emulator.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
closedeyes.gif

congrats tueidj
moogle.gif

anyway... i hope you change your mind... love your app :\

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
License is a license. You have to obey it, even if you are "pro" developer or even if your app is awesome. It's a matter of respect for developers who coded libs/apps you used/forked.

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes sorgelig, please change your mind and abide by the GPL you agreed to when you distributed this code!

You guys do realize he's the one who did something wrong, right? The authors released their code under the GPL for a reason. And if tueidj wasn't in here asking about it, a lot of other people would have...

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj wasn't the only one asking.

crediar himself asked for source. and it's his license to inquire about. the only person to blame for this situation is sorelig. he could have thrown up ugly source and the whole situation would have been fine.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
megazig said:

crediar himself asked for source. and it's his license to inquire about. the only person to blame for this situation is sorelig. he could have thrown up ugly source and the whole situation would have been fine.

its more about kindness and how was ask... but thats gbatemp...
mellow.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Great, now that I found some free time, and wanted to fiddle around with this, it's gone
closedeyes.gif
. I fully understand why the Source was requested, but still...

Sorgelig, I hope you can change your mind, I respect your decision, but it's really sad, would love to try it out, and other people probably too
frown.gif

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
turbotronic said:
megazig said:

its more about kindness and how was ask... but thats gbatemp...
mellow.gif

I have to agree that this place tends to get a bit aggressive but tueidj asked normally at first .

tueidj said:
No source code for this DI plugin?

Then sorg posted several times without any comment about the source and he asked again in a civil manner.

QUOTE(tueidj @ Sep 24 2010, 10:30 AM)
sorg, are you deliberately ignoring the questions about the source code?

On the other hand I had also asked about the source if he hadn't already done it...

In case anybody is interested: I think it's laughable to pull back the whole project because of this - and no I am not the tiniest bit interested in the project.
If sorg has no respect for foreign code he shall keep the project to himself.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@sorgelig, I more than anyone can prolly understand what u are going through. I had an experience very similar to yours with ModMii. I actually closed the ModMii project for half a week because of GPL headaches, but I am very glad I reopened it w/ full GPL compliance. But after all has been said and done, I am glad it happened. In the end, I got all the areas of incompliance fixed, and then I was able to continue working on ModMii without any GPL worries and ModMii could live up to its claim of being fully legal.

The people complaining about not meeting GPL can be a little harsh at times (i totally get where they're coming from, but I feel like they are not satisfied unless their demands are met immediately). I encourage u to keep your chin up, keep working, and release your code whenever you're ready. If you're not ready to release the source code yet, maybe consider keeping the project in the "beta testing stage" for now. You have developed plenty of interest, and I am sure people will be lining up to test your work. Then when u are ready to go public again, this time include the source.

@tueji and anyone requesting GPL compliance, I totally get where u guys are coming from, and u have every right to do what u r doing... but plz try to be more patient... too many really good projects have either been permanently or temporarily closed because of the way this subject is handled. I mean, if some1 comes back and blatantly say 'NO' to your requests, that's different than some1 just being slow to respond and in that case I would even encourage you guys to get the project closed. And let me just say, I've had my differences with the omega, megazig and you (tueji), but after getting past out initial differences, I think u guys are awesome.

I hope this project isn't dead. It really looked great, plz don't give up sorgelig!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiisel said:
WiiPower said:
About Killer 7, can you please give me some details about that? Can you try it with NeoGamma GC mode internal and the recommend cMIOS installed? If your WODE does its job correctly, that should boot the game, if not i'm very interested.

Wode boots the game fine from disc channel its a homebrew issue. I'll give Neogamma a shot.

Oh, i understood your post that even disc channel causes problems. So i bet it's the audio streaming issue, a read error when the game tries to play the 1st audio stream. That's something NeoGamma should be able to take care of. Also you can eject and reinsert the disc after booting the game, before the issue occurs to fix it on other boot methods.

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@tueji and anyone requesting GPL compliance, I totally get where u guys are coming from, and u have every right to do what u r doing... but plz try to be more patient... too many really good projects have either been permanently or temporarily closed because of the way this subject is handled. I mean, if some1 comes back and blatantly say 'NO' to your requests, that's different than some1 just being slow to respond and in that case I would even encourage you guys to get the project closed. And let me just say, I've had my differences with the omega, megazig and you (tueji), but after getting past out initial differences, I think u guys are awesome.
He did blatantly say "NO."

sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
XFlak said:
I hope this project isn't dead. It really looked great, plz don't give up sorgelig!
Project is not dead. When i will be ready to release source code, then i will release everything.
I already know that source code is important, the project itself - not.

To people who likes clean licenses: Reverse-engineered code CANNOT be GPL, even if somebody put GPL label on it. They should read Nintendo (and other's) licenses while they were violating it. If you are reading assembler code and put it into C/C++ code it doesn't become your own code and especially GPL. If somebody got source code of Windows and put GPL label on it, will it be really GPL? I think many people would say "NO". But what if somebody will rewrite C code having disassembled binary and will put GPL label on it -will it be GPL? Nope. It's basically the same as previous case regardless how much time and effort has been spent to make it. That's 99% low level code of Wii GPL homebrew.
There is no PURE GPL Code in my projects. So, i've violated rules of some one's who violated Nintendo's rules?
wink.gif
Funny, isn't?
Even though i didn't refuse to release source code later, some kids couldn't wait.
May be later they will grow up and will understand what they labeled as GPL is actually violation of both GPL and Nintendo licenses.
Nintendo has more important things to do and protect. If N doesn't sue for hijaking their code which amazigly became GPL it doesn't mean there is no violation...

If i were them (tueidj and Co.) i would keep it low profile and wouldn't label pirated code as GPL.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
Anyway, as i've stated above, i will release full source code of my projects when i will be ready to.
As for NAND emulator source code: i will release it later,when i will finish it.
that sounds like he is willing to release it when he's ready, not never

Anyways, I don't want to argue, i hope this can all be resolved.

I think sorgelig should work on this privately with only a few beta testers until he feels comfortable releasing his source. Once he's comfortable with the source, then he should go public with it. That's just my suggestion, which should keep everyone happy.

But seriously, in my experience, it is a real piss off to release something, and instead of getting feedback on the project, 90% of comments are about GPL n shit like that. Like I said earlier, I totally get why ppl are requesting the source, and they have every right to... but still, from sorg's perspective, i can see how it can get annoying enough to want to close the project down entirely.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorgelig said:
XFlak said:
Project is not dead. When i will be ready to release source code, then i will release everything.
I already know that source code is important, the project itself - not.
thanks for not killing it completely when i came and read the previous few pages up until here i really thought it was gone for good and that was a real bummer this has potential to be the best loader to date.

moonknightus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F*cking software pirates b!tching about GPL non-compliance. Seriously, WTF?! What's the difference between this guy using the source to develop software without releasing the source code and you idiots illegally downloading the games that you are using the software to run? F*cktards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.