Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
bros said:
Do you planned to support wbfs partition
Just my guessings, I dunno what sorgelig will come up with...

If you mean for the (upcoming) NAND-Emu/SNEEK Deluxe, I guess not...WBFS was made especially for Wii Games, trying to store other Files, like those from an full NAND-Dump, would be impossible/bad.

If you talk about WODE, then I dunno.

@Sorgelig: Awesome
biggrin.gif
! Now I only need some time to fiddle with this, damn
tongue.gif
. Can't wait!

sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nope.
Currently, only Wode (and WiiKey Fusion, AFAIK) allows to launch Gamecube games directly from HDD/SD.

Even upcoming USB GC launching from crediar will consist on dol patches and thus won't be compatible with all games. So, only HW DVD (i.e. not money-free) emulators like Wode and Wiikey fusion will have 100% compatibility with GC.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
grog.gif

I absolutely LOVE it.

I've been working on favourites lists, got quite a few that make me smile
smile.gif

Mario ... has the Wii and GC games, Dr Mario WiiWare, some VC n64, mario war (the must have homebrew game), and the Snes, nes, gb, gbc,gba games individualy (LINK for how-to) etc etc. A Zelda one, and I'm doing a Bomberman one so I get use out of the TGFX emus smb features.

Need a Sonic one, cause some clasics on GC and the older emus...but then what about mario vs sonic ...hmmm

did I say I love this ?
bow.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorgelig said:
Nope.
Currently, only Wode (and WiiKey Fusion, AFAIK) allows to launch Gamecube games directly from HDD/SD.

Even upcoming USB GC launching from crediar will consist on dol patches and thus won't be compatible with all games. So, only HW DVD (i.e. not money-free) emulators like Wode and Wiikey fusion will have 100% compatibility with GC.

And none of this methods supports audio streaming, but hopefully all these methods will play those games, just with silence instead of the streams. Anyways, i find it fascinating that always when the words "gamecube", "usb" and "loader" pop up together, people are asking for a GC usb loader or in this case expect you to miraculously have found an easy way to do it. Well this with the fact in mind, that GC usb loading is discussed like 10 times a month, for over a year now.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
any solutions for GC games that don't like being booted away from disc channel ie Killer 7 ?

peppa pig also not working

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiisel said:
any solutions for GC games that don't like being booted away from disc channel ie Killer 7 ?

peppa pig also not working
Peppa Pig needs some registers to be set. Even when launched with it's intended ios. I had the same problems when launching wodeflow.

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
@wiipower sorry if i streesed you out by asking that £10000 question about gc/usb loading.and am not asking for it when its done it will be done and lets just say.when will it be done how longs a piece of string true so sorry
yay.gif

@sorgelig just tryed your (sneek"Deluxe") and it freezed at the health screen thx

oh might be becouse did not get rid of cios will try again in tomoz

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately i haven't had the chance to try your uniiloader yet, it seems great from what i've read. I will be trying it very soon and will report all bugs.

i do have two small suggestions/feature requests already though:

1.for your bootmii could you change the folder it loads from instead of bootmii, that way it is compatible with the old bootmii and we can leave it in place to use for other things.

2. di plugin load games from wbfs folder instead of iso folder like all other usb loaders. having to rename the folders everytime we want to use a standard usb loader could get to be a pain.

EDIT: i have now tried the nand emulator, it black screens at startup.
i'm using backupped nand on usb, i know it's good i had sneek installed and working until a few minutes ago.
armboot.bin and di.bin both in the bootmii folder on usb drive, and to make sure it wasnt a conflict with files on the sd card no sd card in my wii at all.
i do have your bootmii ios installed and i loaded it with your dol through homebrew channel.

sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
jefffisher,

1) try SD card in front slot for NAND Emulator
2) unplug any other USB devices
3) try other USB device.

QUOTE said:
di plugin load games from wbfs folder instead of iso folder like all other usb loaders. having to rename the folders everytime we want to use a standard usb loader could get to be a pain.
For wode, /iso folder is used for games. That's why i use /iso folder. I will think about this. May be i will add lookup for both folders.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i will try but
1 interferes with
QUOTE said:
The same device is used for NAND Emulation and ISO storage. It means, if you are using SD card for NAND then you cannot use USB device for ISO storage, and vice versa.
and iso's wont fit on my sd card
2 done i only have the one usb hdd
3 i can't only have the one drive, i'd think it would work for this as it works for sneek and everything else.
i'm pretty sure i just missed something at first i thought it was lack of kernel and font but i don't see those needed.

ah that's a good explanation once i start using this regularly i could probably just change the usb loader to run from iso folder instead of wbfs folder no problem.

what about my first suggestion/request that one is actually the most important to me as i'd like to keep plain bootmii to use for other things.

thank you for the response your program seems like it will be amazing once i get it working.

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
took cios off but it still locks up at health screen but sometimes the press a will show or just the health screen with no press a i know it wants to work i want it to work

sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
WiiPower,

GC audio streaming is like evil rock
smile.gif

Even wode doesn't support it. Developers complained about not enough contacts on FPGA. (Who asked them to use exactly this FPGA?)...
Well, i'm already get used with thought that i won't get GC audio streaming
smile.gif

Anyway, wode plays fine all games with audiostreaming , just without background music. But games are thinking AS is working.
Curious about Wiikey Fusion and GC AS streaming. But since WiiKey Fusion supports only SD card, i cannot treat it as serious modchip. There is no 1TB SD card yet
smile.gif

sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
jefffisher,
Just use another SD card for regular bootmii and other tasks. Original bootmii is not required for daily ussage. Also it's very easy to change SD cards.
I made the same folder just for compatibility with original bootmii. If you are using SD card for NAND emulator then you can use original bootmii as well.
You may try some small WBFS iso on SD card if card is not so big. Some games like WiiPlay in WBFS format are less than 100mb.

buffdog,
are you talking about SystemMenu health screen or Game's Health screen?
Are u using plain-ISO or WBFS? Did you try both formats?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
jefffisher, you can get http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii_Configuration_Editor if you want to have a few bootmii folders on the one sd card.

For people having freeze issues, build a clean nand from scratch (you can use modmii to make that easy) and defrag you hdd's. Test it now...it should be working for more of you.

Now you will have to then transfer over channels and saves if you want them on your emu nand, get ShowMiiWads for that, you will also need to go into your new clean emulated nand settings and set up things you want like internet connection etc.

The only things left are message board things and miis and a few other things, these can all just be copied (FSToolbox and WiiXplorer on Wii, or from an extracted nand if your using a PC) and pasted from your nand, to the emu nand.

So it's worth trying with a "clean" nand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.