Hacking Unidentified r4 stucks at loading.

Vitty599gtb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I got an old R4 clone card without label. I want to use it with my modded 3ds(luma 3ds and latest update, but I don't think it can be useful). The only things I know are that it shows SpongeBob Atlantis SquarePants game when I put it in my 3ds and I got a photo of internals and externals.
I tried to follow the retrogamefan's guide to ysmenu installation but the card always stuck on loading. Any ideas?
Nice forum btw

Attachments

• P_20181113_201433_HDR.jpg
    P_20181113_201433_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
  • P_20181113_201544_HDR.jpg
    P_20181113_201544_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you have a DS or DS lite laying around? You could try it in there and see if it works with older hardware. I wonder if its just not whitelisted to run with the 3DS.

You might be strapped for cash but you might want to consider getting an R4i Gold or other "official" cart if you can't get this one working.

Vitty599gtb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any chance you have a DS or DS lite laying around? You could try it in there and see if it works with older hardware. I wonder if its just not whitelisted to run with the 3DS.

You might be strapped for cash but you might want to consider getting an R4i Gold or other "official" cart if you can't get this one working.
I tried with a not-so-broken Ds and it can't read it. It works only on the 3ds but it can't load as you know. In the sd there is ysmenu and a casual firmware that I found

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by robyspy,

Vitty599gtb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This should be a R4 Dual Core SDHC of the r4isdhc.hk site
There is only to understand the version (NEW / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / etc ...)
here a testimony: (see photo chip)
Try this kernel: (for the 2014 version)
First advice to format the micro sd.
good luck :)
I tried that kernel, now two white screens appear when it finishes loading. maybe it does white screen because my 3ds is too updated or something else. It's something at least.. Now what can i do?

Vitty599gtb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Usually for the firmware too updated by black screens with an error.
The best thing would be to try the card with a DS / DSLite.
Try also with this kernel:
(for the 2013 version)
I tried to use a really old dslite, but it can't even read the card, I don't know if it's fault of the console or the card. I'm trying with the 2013 kernel. I hope it works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Usually for the firmware too updated by black screens with an error.
The best thing would be to try the card with a DS / DSLite.
Try also with this kernel:
https://web.archive.org/web/2013121....hk:80/download_white_new2013/r4isdhc1.63.rar (for the 2013 version)
DUDE IT'S WORKING!!!!!!:D:D:toot::toot: Thank you very much roby!!!!.
edit: oh no, i wrongly started ysmenu nds, i went back to home and now it doesn't recognise the card... WHYYYYY IM SO STUUUUUUPID :wacko::cry::cry:

Last edited by Vitty599gtb,

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's what I thought happened before, if you started YSMenu now, you've locked the card forever, I'm sorry for you.

Last edited by robyspy,

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's what I thought happened before, if you start YSMenu now, you've locked the card forever, I'm sorry for you.
On these flashcards there is only to update files (.dat) with YSmenu in the _rpg folder,
they are not supported to launch YSmenu directly.

Vitty599gtb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's what I thought happened before, if you started YSMenu now, you've locked the card forever, I'm sorry for you.
it was the faith that i can't play ds on 3ds..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I thought happened before, if you start YSMenu now, you've locked the card forever, I'm sorry for you.
On these flashcards there is only to update files (.dat) with YSmenu in the _rpg folder,
they are not supported to launch YSmenu directly.
there is no way to recover it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...