Hacking [Uncensor] Project Zero: Maiden Of Black Water

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Could someone help out clueless me? I have tried to get this (Euopean disc version) working on my US console and have had no luck. Even before trying to apply the uncensor patch, I cannot get the game to run for me. I am using Haxchi (no cfw; just Haxchi sending me back to the system menu with patches) and installed the game just fine to a USB drive that works for other games. For this game (both patched and unpatched), it freezes on the booting image and loops the audio. In short, the system tries to start the game, but never manages to load it. I've tried multiple sources, but have not had any luck with any of them. I've seen others report the same issue, but haven't come across an answer yet.

Mizo's method of changing the meta and code xml files with the usa versions doesn't work for u also?

@RemixDeluxe looks like ur not the only one with this problem anymore! You also have the looping audio tho?
Btw, have u tried the unpatched game to see if it works on usb for u or it also fails?

@Mizo U got the game working on a usa console over usb right?

And btw, to help out the ppl that can't get the game working; how many of you have gotten the patched game working on a usa console, and what was the method you used to make it work?

Last edited by Elusivo,

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mizo's method of changing the meta and code xml files with the usa versions doesn't work for u also?

@Mizo U got the game working on a usa console over usb right?

Yes, I changed those files to make it work on my USA console.

The game got freeze on the launch screen the first time, I tried again and it worked.

By the way, I'm still using the patch v1

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the audio loops but more importantly the game won't continue past the startup screen. I even tried replacing the code and Mets folders from the US game before reencrypting but that just makes an error message appear rather than freezing at the startup.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess the audio loops but more importantly the game won't continue past the startup screen. I even tried replacing the code and Mets folders from the US game before reencrypting but that just makes an error message appear rather than freezing at the startup.
Just to be sure, u din overwrite the rpx when u copied over the code folder right?

Also, did u guys try lordhell's method (in op) using wupclient? takes a bit longer but it might just be what's needed in ur case (although if it doesn't even work with the original unpatched game then the problem could be something else).

Meanwhile, loadiine for the rescue.

Meh

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, u din overwrite the rpx when u copied over the code folder right?

Also, did u guys try lordhell's method (in op) using wupclient? takes a bit longer but it might just be what's needed in ur case (although if it doesn't even work with the original unpatched game then the problem could be something else).

Meanwhile, loadiine for the rescue.

Meh
No I didn't write over the patched files. Just everything else.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ye, really sucks, will be dificult to pinpoint the cause of failure, but since it is working for some ppl with usa wiius, there has to be a reason. Another open possibility is the source of the game, i din make a dump of my disc and used [BDH] release, din try other releases.

Meh

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people that do have it working should share what they did in case there's something that can be done or at the very least make an upload somewhere. I'd like to get to the bottom of this too.

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have solved my problem with a little trial and error. Anytime you install this game via WUP Installer on a USA console, it will freeze on the first boot. Re-powering the system and trying again a second time, a proper installation will boot. It works on the third attempt too, so I assume that it is only the first boot that results in a freeze.

Thanks to everyone who provided advice on getting it to work.

Tl;dr... If you get a freeze on boot, try again a second time. If it works, great. If not, then there is some other problem.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I seem to have solved my problem with a little trial and error. Anytime you install this game via WUP Installer on a USA console, it will freeze on the first boot. Re-powering the system and trying again a second time, a proper installation will boot. It works on the third attempt too, so I assume that it is only the first boot that results in a freeze.

Thanks to everyone who provided advice on getting it to work.

Tl;dr... If you get a freeze on boot, try again a second time. If it works, great. If not, then there is some other problem.
Congrats! ^^

To better help out others, what was the process u went through?
Just patch, repack and install, or did u use the usa version to overwrite de meta and code xmls 1st and then repack? or anything else?

Meh

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To better help out others, what was the process u went through?
Just patch, repack and install, or did u use the usa version to overwrite de meta and code xmls 1st and then repack? or anything else?
I tried a lot of different things and, unfortunately, I don't know which one ended up working. I did not label my folders very well. All my failed earlier attempts stem from never trying to load the game install a second time, so for all I know every method I tried worked. I'd go back through to try to figure it out, but I had to clear off all the files because they were taking up so much space (I'm using a pretty old computer). Sorry!

Reactions: Elusivo

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys and girls, so after months of not touching this, i dedicated the weekend to achieve the following:

adf0530c65eeb6961f81304d68b7da1d.jpg

^_^ only did Yuri yet, will take a few more hours for Miu, then i'll provide a patch for the eur game. ;)

Ok, done, here's a patcher for Eur disc to change the Zelda and Samus outfits and their menu names of the Eur game to the original JPN outfits/names.
I also changed Miu's Normal Outfit to the original Japanese one (basically different color panties, original is white, but they were coloured blue in the western releases, maybe to blend it in with the dark blueish sky or something... dunno, crazy censorships!).

Added patches for Eur and Usa eshop versions. Only 2 files need to be patched for each version, u'll have to choose the correct xdelta patch file for your rpx version, if error on checksum try a different xdelta rpx version (but for now don't try to patch the nus versions, read ahead).

--
Eur Disc

Latest Patch -> Patch V3

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Un7z the file to anywhere, there's 5 files inside (3 of them for each of the 3 game versions, but eshop versions have some issues for now). Also get the Eur disc version game and decrypt the game files - the files that need to be patched are named archive00.lnk and lens5_cafe.rpx, you'll find them in the content and code folders respectively.
  2. Run the .exe and select one of the xdelta files in the bottom line of the patcher (xdelta field) then select the corresponding original western game file on the field above. Press Apply patch. It's advisable to select "Backup original file" in the patcher options before apply patch and then rename the patched file to original name.
  3. Select the other xdelta file and its original corresponding file. Press Apply patch. It's advisable to select "Backup original file" in the patcher options before apply patch and then rename the patched file to original name.
  4. Done, copy the patched files to sd and it's ready to used with loadiine. Enjoy!

ESHOP/USB:
There's some issues with the eshop versions of the game, so until a proper solution, particularly for the usa region, you will always need/use the Eur Disc version, make the changes required to it, then encrypt with Nuspacker and install.
The workarounds are in the following links like [Truth], Mizo (usa workaround) and lordhell (usa workaround) did in their posts.

Locked Bikinis Savegame:

Bikini savegame patch

As i'm sure some ppl would like to play the game from scratch, or for pips like me who din finish the game yet but who dun want to lose or add any progress to the game, but is missing the bikini views (or original Samus/Zelda outfits for those who din patch the game), i did a patch for the save game that will simply change the outfits used to the bikini's and Ren to the kimono, without having unlocked the outfits yet.
Like i already said, you will not lose any progress you made, and you won't have anything added and even the bikinis won't be unlocked, so you can play you own game like normal, just with the girls wearing bikinis if you patched the game. I still didn't finish a level to confirm it doesn't revert to the normal outfit, but i think it won't.

1. Extract your save with saviine or simply grab your loadiine save.
2. Don't forget to make a backup of your save 1st to be safe! Then patch the savedata.dat file from the user save folder using the xdelta patcher provided in the 7z.
3. Inject the save back. Done, u can even continue a level if u saved it midway and the outfit will be changed.

If i could code anything with check boxes n shit i would create something to choose which outfit and which accessories to apply on the save patch, so for now is only the bikinis.

--
Here's the 1st 2 game patches:
Patch V1 Unpatch V1
Patch V2, and just in case, its Unpatch V2

The patch to change the kimonos to the samus and zelda outfits is at a standstill till i can find the correct kimono model/texture files in the game.

Don't forget to also copy the bikini video (EV9013_9053.mp4) from the JPN game and overwrite the one with the same name in the EUR game (this still needs some more testing to confirm that it doesn't break the game).

For, hm, testing purposes, you can find a save with all outfits unlocked in the saves thread.

--
Changelog:

V3
- Replaced Eur/Usa Miu's Normal Outfit with the original Jpn Miu's Normal Outfit.
- Added patches for NUS Eur and Usa versions.

V2
- Edited menu names for the bikini outfits.

V1
- Replaced Samus and Zelda outfits for Eur disc with the original Jpn game bikini outfits.
Cool now all we need is someone to uncensor xenoblade chronicles x
And Tokyo Mirage sessions if censored.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cool now all we need is someone to uncensor xenoblade chronicles x
And Tokyo Mirage sessions if censored.
Somebody din keep up with the news >_< i also uncensored xenoblade x, and way longer ago than this.
Search for the xenoblade undub topic i think, it has some uncensor apps there that a couple ppl did, but u need the jpn game too. When i have time and a place with decent upload speed, i'll upload a patch to uncensor it, which, including the undub comes to around 2GB iirc, which is much better than having to dl a ±20GB game.

Also, isn't Tokyo Mirage already uncensored too?

Meh

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 3 controversial Wii U games have been uncensored for awhile now with Fatal Frame being the latest to be uncensored.

If you go to THAT ISO site you will find someone has uploaded a copy that works on US Wii U systems. Thank you again @Elusivo for the patch and making this possible.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
All 3 controversial Wii U games have been uncensored for awhile now with Fatal Frame being the latest to be uncensored.

If you go to THAT ISO site you will find someone has uploaded a copy that works on US Wii U systems. Thank you again @Elusivo for the patch and making this possible.
xD u got it working now with that version?

I din go to that site yet to check up on things there, have to set up vpn to access it and even tho is easy, i'm a lazy af.

Meh

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xD u got it working now with that version?

I din go to that site yet to check up on things there, have to set up vpn to access it and even tho is easy, i'm a lazy af.

Meh
I can confirm the one that was posted just very recently plays perfectly fine on my US Wii U and the content is uncensored.

I'm so glad this whole thing is over, got my game and can finally enjoy it in peace.

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the one that was posted just very recently plays perfectly fine on my US Wii U and the content is uncensored.

I'm so glad this whole thing is over, got my game and can finally enjoy it in peace.
Cool, let's post lots of PZV screenshots on Miiverse so more people will know about the uncensored game/patch :)

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cool, let's post lots of PZV screenshots on Miiverse so more people will know about the uncensored game/patch :)
I know the wii u is pretty much dead, but i thought miiverse was still being moderated. If you post the uncensored screenshot and a moderator sees it, aren't you risking some kind of ban?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?