Hacking Unable to update Wii U firmware

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just as an update, I've tried the download through 3 different internet connections and each of them gives me the same error and hangs at 30%. With this in mind will a disc update be any different?
I'll try reinstalling hbc and different ios over the next few days if not

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I've tried slingblade's suggestions and had no luck

Also now I don't know what I've done but I can't seem to load Smash Bros to run Smash Stack....

I've found this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-will-not-update.357789
And it looks like some people had success fixing the 162-0002 error, but now I can't load Smash Bros is there any other hope for me?

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I can't load Smash Bros but I can load other Wii games from disc, so I think I must have corrupted whichever vWii IOS Smash Bros uses.

With that in mind can someone give me a rundown of which vwii IOS are used for each of the known exploits? I don't yet own any of the lego games but I could purchase one if they use a different IOS so I may be able to install HBC again

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've now used Indianapwns to load Hackmii and install HBC on ios58, however I still can't load HBC after intsalling, it just hangs on a black screen.

Is there a way to use Hackmii to install on a different IOS? Or use Indianapwns to reinstall ios58?

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to a suggestion from airline38 and some mesaaging back and forth I was finally able to sort out my problem. I booted mmm through Indianapwns and from there loaded WiiModLite 1.6 and deleted all IOSs that I had changed from stock, and then my wii u updated first time
just to let people know in case it can help them

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have the same problem and I have tried almost all of the suggestions (I am not reformatting!)
can you please post a list of all ios you are using so I can know what ios are different than yours so I can fix it
you can use syscheck to post the list of ios

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG, how do people keep doing this? Long story short, don't replace any of the IOS versions in vWii, just install cIOS to unused slots.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
The result of syscheck may not help because even you install(re-install) a correct
version of IOS(EX:IOS58 v6432),you may still get this error.

Simply speaking,if you maunally install(re-install) any regular IOS (exclude those cIOS 249,250,236....) ,it's very likely to get 162-1002 error when you try to on-line upgrade.

Currently the only solution (unless you don't want to do the on-line upgrade)
is to delete (uninstall) those IOS you manually installed.
(then you should have no problem to do the on-line upgrade)

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to have the same problem and I have tried almost all of the suggestions (I am not reformatting!)
can you please post a list of all ios you are using so I can know what ios are different than yours so I can fix it
you can use syscheck to post the list of ios
I used the list from this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-update-error-162-0002.365383 as reference, please note the messages in the thread about the couple in the list that aren't right aswell

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but for some reason anytitle delete dosent let me delete them
and when I ran syscheck I found that I have ios512 and 513

nvr mind I ran pimp my wii to restore the cios's then I went to mmm usin ios 251 to delete
ios 53 59 and 36 then I ran the update and it finaly worked

tanks airline38 for the information about deletin ios's
never tought deleting ios was safe till now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival