Hacking Unable to update Wii U firmware

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the newb post but I've searched high and low and can't seem to find an answer for this

So the full story is since the update for 4.0.3 came out I have been unable to update my Wii U, and as such unable to connect to eShop, Netflix etc. The update (and the newer 4.1.0 update) would download and then when installing hang at about 30% before giving me the error code 162-0002

I had softmodded the vWii of my Wii U so any direct help from Nintendo is out of the question and I have tried all the steps suggested here

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/error-code-162-0002-solutions.1021165/

However none of these worked. I had even read that removing traces of custom vWii IOSs and restoring their backups would help but so far I have had no luck with it

I tried a full system wipe from the Wii U menu and while that remove HBC etc from the vWii I understand that some traces of it can remain.

I was essentially wondering if there was any way to fully wipe the Wii U memory, possibly by formatting the Nand (as is possible to virginize modded Wiis) and whether this will help? Or if anyone else knows a potential fix for this error

Or otherwise is there any way to install the Wii U firmware updates from USB, disc or SD, just in case it is the update itself that is corrupting when it downloads

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc updates may work. Need a newer version than you currently have of course. Seen this happen before. It usually ends up being a corrupted download.

Kailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same problem for a long time also. I started doing some research into this, and i found that your versions of cIOS have a lot to do with this. For some reason the updates look at cIOS 249 250 and 251. If you have the incorrect ones installed it will cause that error. I replaced them with the correct versions and then it updated fine. The versions I have installed are IOS56-64-v5918, IOS57-64-v6175 and IOS58-64-v6432. All installed from wad. Everything works, and console updates again.

PS screw nintendo. They couldnt even tell me that.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great e="Kailey, post: 4959106, member: 347568"]I had this same problem for a long time also. I started doing some research into this, and i found that your versions of cIOS have a lot to do with this. For some reason the updates look at cIOS 249 250 and 251. If you have the incorrect ones installed it will cause that error. I replaced them with the correct versions and then it updated fine. The versions I have installed are IOS56-64-v5918, IOS57-64-v6175 and IOS58-64-v6432. All installed from wad. Everything works, and console updates again.

PS screw nintendo. They couldnt even tell me that.[/quote]
Great share, makes some sense:-)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had this same problem for a long time also. I started doing some research into this, and i found that your versions of cIOS have a lot to do with this. For some reason the updates look at cIOS 249 250 and 251. If you have the incorrect ones installed it will cause that error. I replaced them with the correct versions and then it updated fine. The versions I have installed are IOS56-64-v5918, IOS57-64-v6175 and IOS58-64-v6432. All installed from wad. Everything works, and console updates again.

PS screw nintendo. They couldnt even tell me that.
They couldn't tell you that because the moment you do anything like modding to your console it's not their problem anymore, lol.

Kailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just it. It automatically downloads the updates and tries to install them. If it fails you will get a constant nag about it needing updated and the online abilities cease until you do. While not required in vwii, it is nice to have the system operate the way it is supposed to even after being modded.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just it. It automatically downloads the updates and tries to install them. If it fails you will get a constant nag about it needing updated and the online abilities cease until you do. While not required in vwii, it is nice to have the system operate the way it is supposed to even after being modded.

Have you had a chance to go into the WiFi settings, does it let you go into that part of the menu? That's really weird.

Kailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any issues with my wii u. I merely answered the original question on what causes his error as I had the same problem and figured out what it was. Mine updates as always with no problems after I fixed it.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the newb post but I've searched high and low and can't seem to find an answer for this

So the full story is since the update for 4.0.3 came out I have been unable to update my Wii U, and as such unable to connect to eShop, Netflix etc. The update (and the newer 4.1.0 update) would download and then when installing hang at about 30% before giving me the error code 162-0002

I had softmodded the vWii of my Wii U so any direct help from Nintendo is out of the question and I have tried all the steps suggested here

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/error-code-162-0002-solutions.1021165/

However none of these worked. I had even read that removing traces of custom vWii IOSs and restoring their backups would help but so far I have had no luck with it

I tried a full system wipe from the Wii U menu and while that remove HBC etc from the vWii I understand that some traces of it can remain.

I was essentially wondering if there was any way to fully wipe the Wii U memory, possibly by formatting the Nand (as is possible to virginize modded Wiis) and whether this will help? Or if anyone else knows a potential fix for this error

Or otherwise is there any way to install the Wii U firmware updates from USB, disc or SD, just in case it is the update itself that is corrupting when it downloads

I had the same issue, fixed it by installing an original IOS36 wad file.

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies so far you've given me some hope that it may be fixable

I have tried installing an original ios36 wad but unfortunately it didn't help

I've been trying to install those ios56,57 & 58 into 249, 250 & 251 but I'm having some trouble. If I load dxcios installer from hbc directly it bypasses the screen asking me which ios to use for the installation and therefore loads 58 and cant install. If I load ios 236 In mmm then load dxcios installer from there it will load wih the correct ios but it will not allow me to switch the dx revision past r6 and therefore not the correct ios versions.
I have wads for the exact ios I need and I know which slots they need to go in but is there another way of them getting installed or any suggestions to help the problem I'm having?

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies so far you've given me some hope that it may be fixable

I have tried installing an original ios36 wad but unfortunately it didn't help

I've been trying to install those ios56,57 & 58 into 249, 250 & 251 but I'm having some trouble. If I load dxcios installer from hbc directly it bypasses the screen asking me which ios to use for the installation and therefore loads 58 and cant install. If I load ios 236 In mmm then load dxcios installer from there it will load wih the correct ios but it will not allow me to switch the dx revision past r6 and therefore not the correct ios versions.
I have wads for the exact ios I need and I know which slots they need to go in but is there another way of them getting installed or any suggestions to help the problem I'm having?

I should have been a bit more specific, first use anytitle deleter and delete IOS236, IOS249, IOS250 and install an original IOS36 and remove the HBC. Then try the update, if you are still having issues it could easily be your router as well, that also happened to me with system updates as well.

Deleted member 347550

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I should have been a bit more specific, first use anytitle deleter and delete IOS236, IOS249, IOS250 and install an original IOS36 and remove the HBC. Then try the update, if you are still having issues it could easily be your router as well, that also happened to me with system updates as well.
Thanks slingblade, I've tried this today but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm thinking/hoping it's my router, although i also tried my using my phone as a network hub too and it still wouldn't update

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks slingblade, I've tried this today but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm thinking/hoping it's my router, although i also tried my using my phone as a network hub too and it still wouldn't update

Damn! Hate to hear that. I know it didn't help but I had the 162-0002 plague my Wii U as well and its annoying. I also noticed you actually went by my guide on se7ensins, lol did you catch that?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Not sure if this will help or not but I did an experiment before:

I intended to install a normal Wii IOS41 v3607 (it's v3683 for vWii)
on my US vWii. Although it's no hurt , I got the same error(162-1002)
when I tried to upgrade from 4.0.0U to 4.0.2U.

After I deleted this Wii IOS41 v3607 then I had no problem to upgrade.

Also I recall I did a similar experiment before:

I installed(intended) the Wii version of IOS58 v6176(it's v6432 for vWii) on my vWii
to cause my HBC not working. Then I re-install (tried many ways) vWii IOS58 v6432
but I can't re-install HBC via Hackmii installer.(it keep telling me I don't have a
valuable IOS)
Finally I used the way -> deleted IOS58 v6432 then wait Nintendo's official upgrade
to install the "official IOS58" automatically. Then I can install HBC again.

Just for your information...

Kailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I installed my cIOS was through MMM and installed the wads. I loaded cIOS 236 and installed them. Then I ran the dx2 installer afterwards to install the 53 alt vwii on those same cIOS. Thats what fixed mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.