I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
EDIT: This problem is currently resolved, so you don't have to reply.

Today my WiFi started freaking out: it randomly refused to connect to my home network with the above message. I'm using a USB adapter (Mercusys MW300UM). The network works fine on any other device.
Event Viewer shows me an error with WLAN-AutoConfig with the message “WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start. / Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll / Error Code: 126.”
I've tried restarting the PC, restarting the router, reinstalling the driver, plugging the adapter into a different port, and restarting the WLAN AutoConfig service. So far, nothing has worked.
Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:
...Oh, neat.
Installing a 90-minute Windows update seems to have fixed it. Alarm's over, boys.

EDIT 2 - Electric Boogaloo:
So after a couple of restarts it seems to be at it again. Only difference is that Event Viewer isn't showing any errors anymore...

EDIT 3:
An update seems to have fixed this issue, thankfully.

Last edited by smileyhead,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I just set up Bootcamp and had a similar issue, but I didn't look into it deeper like you have. I got around it by manually creating the wireless network from the control panel. Have you tried removing the network, and then doing this? I have no idea if this will work since I wasn't able to automatically create my connection preferences through the network manager. It would just give me a "cannot connect to this network at this time" message.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I just set up Bootcamp and had a similar issue, but I didn't look into it deeper like you have. I got around it by manually creating the wireless network from the control panel. Have you tried removing the network, and then doing this? I have no idea if this will work since I wasn't able to automatically create my connection preferences through the network manager. It would just give me a "cannot connect to this network at this time" message.
Hey, sorry but I forgot to update my post -- a Windows update seems to have fixed the issue, thankfully.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated