Gaming Umbrella Chronicles: Worth It?

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i played it but the aiming with the wiimote isnt that good.

I often play house of the dead 2, virtua cop and confidential misson on my dreamcast with my old monitor (and vga box) and it really is different. The old lightguns aim perfect (if you sit right in front of the tv).

The Wiimote has a totally different aiming system. It only has the 2 lights from the sensor which doesnt make it that exactly.

But better try it for yourself
wink.gif
if you dont play the old lightgun games that often, you wont see the difference like i do when i switch from dreamcast to wii.

The reason you like the lightgun games better is actually because they are LESS accurate and allow more room for error. With RE:TUC you have to be more skilled, which is probably why you don't like it.

thats not true.

Did you look with your eyes EXACTLY from the wiimote? When i point my WiiMote a bit over the tv, i use it really normal. The lightguns are shooting at the screen, the wiimote doesnt

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played it but the aiming with the wiimote isnt that good.

I often play house of the dead 2, virtua cop and confidential misson on my dreamcast with my old monitor (and vga box) and it really is different. The old lightguns aim perfect (if you sit right in front of the tv).

The Wiimote has a totally different aiming system. It only has the 2 lights from the sensor which doesnt make it that exactly.

But better try it for yourself
wink.gif
if you dont play the old lightgun games that often, you wont see the difference like i do when i switch from dreamcast to wii.

The reason you like the lightgun games better is actually because they are LESS accurate and allow more room for error. With RE:TUC you have to be more skilled, which is probably why you don't like it.

thats not true.

Did you look with your eyes EXACTLY from the wiimote? When i point my WiiMote a bit over the tv, i use it really normal. The lightguns are shooting at the screen, the wiimote doesnt

True enough, but his point still stands as well. The accuracy (which you see as a sight on the screen) is indeed FAR more precise than a light gun would be. Now, no, it isn't line of sight, it's in proximity to the sensor bar, but for godsakes you have a sight right there so you know where it is going. Different technology, similar idea, much better accuracy, although not through line of sight.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
yeah i've decided to get it

thanksÂ

I'm glad, I don't know what problems people have with this game, it is very good.

Make sure you get the Wii Zapper and set the controls to Type A. Then you can use the Z button on the controller for the action button. (Using the A button is awkward otherwise.) Connect everything to the Wii Zapper, and then hold it like you would a MP40 Machine gun. Hey presto! Great game! Great accuracy!

Watch out for Resi 3, you'll need to clock up about 40-50 Critical Hits for a S Rank on the first chapter.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't stand the game and regret buying. Ghost Squad + the House of the Dead pack together is about the same price as this and much more worth it IMO.

Hell if you want my copy I'd sell it to you.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The premise is great, I'll agree with that. The execution is just horrid. I honestly have no idea how anyone can have fun with this game.

Now I'm not one to argue opinions, so if you disagree with what I say that is fine. Just don't say I'm wrong.

a) When action buttons flash on screen for you to hit, nothing happens. You're given 3sec to hit the button. You hit the button. Nothing. You hit it again. Nothing. Maybe on the 3rd time it'd work. Want to shake the nunchuck to get out of the way? Ok. I shook it. Nothing.

b) It takes way too many shots to take down a zombie. Sure headshots work, but only headshots in the brain area. Upmost brain. Ok I can live with that but not when you hit that area and the game says no you didn't.

c) Boss battles border on ridiculously tedious or too easy.

d) Ammo runs out quickly and I break plenty of objects to gain more.

e) The pistol shoots way too slow.

f) I'm all for Gameplay>Graphics but I think the Dreamcast had better graphics.

g) A minor thing but the crosshair is distracting. Your ammo gauge is on it too. I don't know, I can live with it but something different would have been better.

h) For as I know you can't reload mid-magazine.

i) Automatic hits.

I haven't yelled at a game like this since...I don't know when.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure what your problem is, I had lots of fun with this game. Especially in 2-player mode.

a) -> Uhm, no. Pay attention. Some buttons require you to only press it once, but some need to be pressed repeatedly, basically as fast as you can.

g) -> Ammo gauge on crosshair is good, you'll always know how much you have left and if you need to reload or not.

h) -> Shake Wiimote or Nunchuck, depending on what control config you're using.

I'd also recommend using the Wii Zapper config, but not actually using a Zapper. Works like a charm.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The premise is great, I'll agree with that. The execution is just horrid. I honestly have no idea how anyone can have fun with this game.

Now I'm not one to argue opinions, so if you disagree with what I say that is fine. Just don't say I'm wrong.

a) When action buttons flash on screen for you to hit, nothing happens. You're given 3sec to hit the button. You hit the button. Nothing. You hit it again. Nothing. Maybe on the 3rd time it'd work. Want to shake the nunchuck to get out of the way? Ok. I shook it. Nothing.
-You dont press it once or twice, you press it rapidly. I don't know if you want to run away do you only take 1 step? I have to admit that shaking de nunchuck never really worked for me eiter =/

b) It takes way too many shots to take down a zombie. Sure headshots work, but only headshots in the brain area. Upmost brain. Ok I can live with that but not when you hit that area and the game says no you didn't.
-Zombie's are like dead persons, so it's logic that it takes a lot of shots.

c) Boss battles border on ridiculously tedious or too easy.Â
-True

-Disagree, You get plenty of it, I never had a problem with ammo

-Can't agree with you here either. Pistols arent smg's

-That's just plain nonsense there.

g) A minor thing but the crosshair is distracting. Your ammo gauge is on it too. I don't know, I can live with it but something different would have been better.
-You look where you shoot, and so you can always watch your ammo guage, nothing wrong with that, pointless meaning.

-Yes you can, shake the nunchuck or wiimote op and down a bit, depending on the settings

i) Automatic hits.
-True
lecture.gif

Yelling is pointless and meaningless.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
The premise is great, I'll agree with that. The execution is just horrid. I honestly have no idea how anyone can have fun with this game.

Now I'm not one to argue opinions, so if you disagree with what I say that is fine. Just don't say I'm wrong.

a) When action buttons flash on screen for you to hit, nothing happens. You're given 3sec to hit the button. You hit the button. Nothing. You hit it again. Nothing. Maybe on the 3rd time it'd work. Want to shake the nunchuck to get out of the way? Ok. I shook it. Nothing.

b) It takes way too many shots to take down a zombie. Sure headshots work, but only headshots in the brain area. Upmost brain. Ok I can live with that but not when you hit that area and the game says no you didn't.

c) Boss battles border on ridiculously tedious or too easy.

g) A minor thing but the crosshair is distracting. Your ammo gauge is on it too. I don't know, I can live with it but something different would have been better.

i) Automatic hits.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I agree with some of the others about your problems. Here goes..

a) Yes, its true. You have to rapidly press the button sometimes. It depends on the task you are doing. If you are running down a corridor dodging flames then yes you need to repeat the button presses.

b) Yes, even if you hit the zombie on its' critical part sometimes it will not fall down... This being because sometimes you need to hit the zombie twice in the critical spot to take it down. Some of the zombies are tougher than others.

c) I actually liked most of the boss battles. I only didn't really like the tentacle from Resident Evil 3.

He was throwing cars at me, and me? Well I was trying to shoot them down with my pistol
laugh.gif

d) The ammo is plentiful usually. The idea of the game is to stock your ammo by repeating some of the earlier chapters or levels. On occasion, I will go back to Resi 0 or Resi 1 to stock up on ammo. If you manage to unlock the final chapter you can find a ammo cache in one of the 'The Hive' rooms.

e) Upgrade it, or use one of the Magnums available. If you are running out of ammo for the pistol switch to another weapon and reload later. It is better to use your weapons and equipment (grenades) than not to.

f) Yes, some of the textures are reduced and there is alittle slowdown, but the gameplay is there. The graphics have been done in real time - Give Capcom some credit.

g) I found the gauge and the cursor good as it means you don't have to have the wii zapper in line with your eye. You can hold it like a machine gun (MP40).

h) Yes you can, here's a trick I learnt. (For use with the wii zapper) Instead of moving the wii zapper from the front, move it from the back. Just well.. wiggle it from the back, i.e. grip the gun and move the back side to side. You will find it doesn't spoil your aiming when you have to shoot again. Believe me, it works alot better!

i) Automatic hits? How do you mean?
wacko.gif

Stick with it. It is worth it. If you are yelling at the game, maybe you are just frustrated; and that can be a good thing because you want to do it you just need to keep trying.

QUOTEhardest light gun game i've ever played, but good and scary like re should be

Yep, Capcom usually deliver.
smile.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my friend absolutely love it
biggrin.gif
It might not be as much fun if it's just you though, but it will still be worth it. And it might be a piece of plastic, but the Zapper makes it so much better.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d) The ammo is plentiful usually. The idea of the game is to stock your ammo by repeating some of the earlier chapters or levels. On occasion, I will go back to Resi 0 or Resi 1 to stock up on ammo. If you manage to unlock the final chapter you can find a ammo cache in one of the 'The Hive' rooms.

h) Yes you can, here's a trick I learnt. (For use with the wii zapper) Instead of moving the wii zapper from the front, move it from the back. Just well.. wiggle it from the back, i.e. grip the gun and move the back side to side. You will find it doesn't spoil your aiming when you have to shoot again. Believe me, it works alot better!

i) Automatic hits? How do you mean?Â
wacko.gif

What do you mean by going back and stocking up on ammo? I know to upgrade them and such but by repeating earlier levels do you still gain stars to use for upgrades?

I just found out about the reloading by dumping the Wii Zapper and using the controller by itself. The game actually seems easier without the Zapper.

Yes automatic hits and no, it's not :
wacko.gif
:. Your character will stare at an empty hallway and you just know as he turns around something is going to be there. Of course something is and it hits you. Some of those you can stop but some you can't and you get hit.

I'm playing the shit out of Ghost Squad and that end boss or some of the levels on 5 get tough but I'm not yelling at the game. Just playing GS then playing this, I don't know. It makes RE:UC look like garbage or a game in need of some refining.

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umbrella Chronicles is super fun! It plays pretty well with the zapper, but it is easier to play with the nunchuk and wiimote. I'll have to check out Ghost Squad.

Oh yeah, the zapper rocks!

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
What do you mean by going back and stocking up on ammo? I know to upgrade them and such but by repeating earlier levels do you still gain stars to use for upgrades?

Yes, you still receive stars depending on your performance for the level (any level previously done or repeated). So repeat some levels to help you do some of the more difficult ones. Upgrading your weapons also helps to increase your capacity for your weapons, so when you pick up ammo you can store more in your equipment selection. The game keeps a track of all the ammo you receive in the game.

Ammo :-

You can stock up on ammo by learning the levels. For example, the first Resi 0 you have to fight the scorpion. What I do is take the machine gun with me and stock up on the shotgun ammo available in the level - as I don't need it for the level. Don't be afraid to use your grenades as you always get about 3 of them.

QUOTE said:
I just found out about the reloading by dumping the Wii Zapper and using the controller by itself. The game actually seems easier without the Zapper.

I find the accuracy on the Wii zapper alot better, but it is your choice.

QUOTE said:
Yes automatic hits and no, it's not ::. Your character will stare at an empty hallway and you just know as he turns around something is going to be there. Of course something is and it hits you. Some of those you can stop but some you can't and you get hit.

Yes true about being surprised. But.. Also, if you use the counter-attack too often an attack will always turn into an automatic hit too. You maybe able to block say 2 or 3 attacks but the third or fourth will be successful for the enemy. Otherwise you could do this all the time - avoiding attacks.

I'm playing the shit out of Ghost Squad and that end boss or some of the levels on 5 get tough but I'm not yelling at the game. Just playing GS then playing this, I don't know. It makes RE:UC look like garbage or a game in need of some refining.

Sorry, but I don't think RE: UC is garbage, I believe it is very good, soaking up 20+ hours, could you say that for Ghost Squad? Possibly a 30 min game? I don't want to judge too much as I haven't played GS, but from what I hear RE: UC is better in many ways, but each to there own.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't know that about replaying for more stars, thanks for that tip.

The wiimote is more stable in the Zapper but the control scheme is just better w/o it IMO.

GS is a shorter game, probably around 30min or slightly less. What makes that game enjoyable for me is the replay value. Unlocking multiple paths after playing the levels over and over (yes sounds redundant but I still enjoy them), also the option of unlocking new weapons. Like you said, to each their own. Give GS a shot (NO PUN INTENDED).

EDIT: smaller quote

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool