Gaming Ubisoft: Watch Dogs on Wii U visually "between next & current gen", closer to current-gen

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,838
  • Replies 52
D

Deleted_171835

OP
And as for the look of the game, Morin expects the PC build to remain the best-looking version, with Wii U's graphical fidelity lying somewhere in between current and next-gen offerings.

"I think it's even going to be a bit better. If you pump the PC to its maximum there are things in the filtering and rendering that I think are possible on high-end PCs that are pretty amazing. Wii U is pretty much in-between - it's neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-27-watch-dogs-boss-compares-its-chicago-map-to-gta5s-scale

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Title is wrong, he said "maybe". But I suppose that's just nitpicking.

I'm not surprised though. Companies aren't putting much effort into the Wii U at the moment. They're just half-assing ports so that some of them are lower quality than 7th gen or are missing features (especially EA).

Anyway, generations are a matter of dates. People need to realize that. The Wii U, PS4, and X1 are all 8th generation, regardless of their power.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
translation: a lame port :creep:

I wouldn't expect much from WiiU, it's specs are closer to PS3 than PS4.
The fact that WiiU is much weaker than it's concurrents make it very likely that this scenario will repeat over and over again,
for the most part of multiplatform titles

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wouldn't expect much from WiiU, it's specs are closer to PS3 than PS4.
The fact that WiiU is much weaker than it's concurrents make it very likely that this scenario will repeat over and over again,
for the most part of multiplatform titles

that's what PC is for use the wiiu to play zelda and mario that's what i do :lol:

Reactions: the_randomizer

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you seen Pikmin 3?

All kidding aside, the environments in Pikmin 3 were absolutely beautiful.

On topic: who cares. The game is going to look amazing no matter what platform it's on. What you'll get to see a tiny bit extra sparks or something? Who cares, it really won't detract from the experience that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?