Gaming Wii U WUP Installer + Large Games (Such as Watch Dog)

IAmOrion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short, I recently acquired a cheap Wii to relive my Wii Hacking days from 8ish years ago.... Someone suggested I give the Wii U Hacks a look over too. So I bought a cheap Wii U, read some guides, and have managed to install CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi) and have the WUP installer channel & HBC all setup and working great. Also tried installing a few games to USB from 128GB SD Card - all great...

But now comes my question... some games have individual files (.app) that are larger than 4GB - such as watch dogs, and therefore can't be copied to the SD card.... so how does one go about installing such games!? I've searched but so far it's alluded me

Many thanks in advance

Last edited by IAmOrion,

IAmOrion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the fat32 file size limit is 4gb so you can copy those files

Whoops, typo, correct, but for some reason Watch Dog refuses to copy and tells me it is too large for the format? (It was d/l via FunkiiUI)
I've redownloaded the files, and also used F3X to test my SD Card - so not sure why it won't copy (and returning the error about being too large)

Now I'm wondering if it's something to do with OS X (eg I've mis-configured something totally unrelated)

Further Edit: I'm going to say I was having a senior moment....

Just come across this:

"
This is a bug in the current version of macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

For now don't use Finder.app to transfer files larger than 2 GB to a FAT32 formatted volume/drive as the operation will fail.

In the meantime use other file managers such as ForkLift, Transmit or Commander One to copy larger files to FAT32 volumes.
"

Last edited by IAmOrion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them