UbiSoft Ruined Watch Dogs

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you complain about the console version, then get the PC version and move on.

That's pretty poor advice, considering most people don't have PCs good enough to run the game at the desired settings, let alone at all, so that's not really a good alternative. A lot of people get consoles in the place of a heavy-specced PCs.

In general, I don't think "Just get it on PC" is a good excuse for poor console versions.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
That's pretty poor advice, considering most people don't have PCs good enough to run the game at the desired settings, let alone at all, so that's not really a good alternative. A lot of people get consoles in the place of a heavy-specced PCs.

In general, I don't think "Just get it on PC" is a good excuse for poor console versions.

yeah I know.
I was saying it teasing "try the PC version on your machine and see if runs like E3"
and day scenes on night focused engines always look ugly. just try a game that use DooM 3 engine and has day scenes.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I know.
I was saying it teasing "try the PC version on your machine and see if runs like E3"
and day scenes on night focused engines always look ugly. just try a game that use DooM 3 engine and has day scenes.
What makes you think is a night focused engine?
They're using a brand new engine so I don't really know how you came to this conclusion.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

No it's not. Game consoles are partially cheaper than PC conterparts because of budget (or spec'ed to up to three-four years) hardware.

To me the game seems fine, yes, the shaders are "GTA4 like" on mid-high pixel light hardware, but a balance of time and development, for the developer allows the sequel to be improved with little effort.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
What makes you think is a night focused engine?

Their using a brand new engine so I don't really know how you came to this conclusion.

ok I pulled that of my ass. but if you see a night scene and look fantastic and then a day scene and look not so great makes you wonder why.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not self-entitlement.
Ubisoft showed us a great looking game and made people speculate it was going to be a next-gen only game because of how nice looking it .
You're pulling this out of your ass. Keep in mind that in the 2012 E3, the PS4 and xbone weren't even announced yet. So not only are you saying that some people speculated this for machines nobody knew about (unless you count the wiiu, of which pretty much nothing was known), but you are also blaming ubisoft for the fact that people speculated on things. :wacko:

Wow...and to think I got excited for watch_dogs because it was one of the few game trailers that showed ANY FOOTAGE OF THE GAME rather than a string of cutscènes.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're pulling this out of your ass. Keep in mind that in the 2012 E3, the PS4 and xbone weren't even announced yet. So not only are you saying that some people speculated this for machines nobody knew about (unless you count the wiiu, of which pretty much nothing was known)
No, no I'm not.
It's obvious that you weren't keeping up with the game when it was announced.
And even though they weren't announced every knew they were in the works, and if you add how visually impressive Watch_Dogs was you anyone can come up with that conclusion.

but you are also blaming ubisoft for the fact that people speculated on things. :wacko:
What? No. Re-read my entire post and not the first paragraph.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, no I'm not.
It's obvious that you weren't keeping up with the game when it was announced.
And even though they weren't announced every knew they were in the works, and if you add how visually impressive Watch_Dogs was you anyone can come up with that conclusion.
...and how is that ubisoft's fault?

What? No. Re-read my entire post and not the first paragraph.
Okay...I did that. Here is is:

It's not self-entitlement.
Ubisoft showed us a great looking game and made people speculate it was going to be a next-gen only game because of how nice looking it .

Just because graphics doesn't affect gameplay doesn't mean it's okay to call the people who were looking forward to the early build of the game "entitled graphics whore". They were shown a game and the final product won't look like the game they were shown. It's completely normal to be let down.

False advertisement is becoming more frequent in the video game industry.
I'll ask again (but a bit more slow), since it's NOT explained in your entire post: how...did...ubisoft...made...people...speculate...on...all...this...shit?

It's a commercial. So is the newer trailer. And all trailers (especially those years prior to the actual release date) give an ESTIMATE of how the end product will look like. It will never 100% be the same, and if you expect that, then there is something wrong with YOU and not the company.

Kind of the ironic thing on this whole discussion is that yahtzee was right: pretty much the whole E3 of 2012 was cutscenes, cutscenes and more cutscenes. Except for one newly announced game that showed nothing but in-game footage (linky...it's near the end of the video). I remember thinking "why do not more developers do this?". The wow-factor of cinematics were overused last generation so more and more gamers realise it's the actual GAME they want to see. But threads like this kinda show why the industry tends to clear away from that path...because random cutscenes can be previewed years in advance without any change whatsoever to the end result. And it sure wouldn't result in a bunch of sourpusses looking doubly cross on every freakin' pixel and somehow declaring that a day scene can TOTALLY BE COMPARED to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT scene at night.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and how is that ubisoft's fault?
It's not the point I was making. You can't understand a simple post.

.I'll ask again (but a bit more slow), since it's NOT explained in your entire post: how...did...ubisoft...made...people...speculate...on...all...this...shit?
Is it really that hard for you to understand? You've complete missed the point I made.
- Ubisoft announces a visually impressive game
- It looks really great and (some) people think it's a next-gen game because that's how great it looks
- The final product does not look how it was initially shown
- Ubisoft is at fault for falsely advertising a product and making people believe this will be the final product, not that they made people speculate it was next-gen only game.

My post was a response to a "lol entitled graphics whores" post. It was to show that it's perfectly normal to be disappointed in a situation like this.

That's as simple as I can put it. If words aren't your thing I can try using cavemen drawings, but I'm not so sure it'll help.

It's perfectly okay to the company to falsely advertise a product. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME YOU'RE DUMB!!!!
I'd agree with you if it was a barely noticeable difference, but it isn't. It's a huge downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1