Hacking Tx's Official Response to SX Bricking Code

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
The people _actually_ doing the work on this know how to unbrick their console, hexkyz isn't some newbie who just got into the scene. And the challenge is of course to get past SXOS's protection, like how can you not realize that? You're not a very smart guy.
Yes reverse engineer and release the crack to the public is for research only purpose ;) ;) ;) they are so honest ;) ;) ;) but I love that they are enabling piracy for everyone, they will always be remembered for that feat :)

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it’s basically stating that if you tamper with their code it could brick it. Makes sense to me I mean your literally putting a “knife in a toaster” then plugging it in basically by running it. The code could be Uber sensitive and who doesn’t want to protect their stuff by making their programs self destruct like mission impossible?

Reactions: Trappie

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes reverse engineer and release the crack to the public is for research only purpose ;) ;) ;) they are so honest ;) ;) ;) but I love that they are enabling piracy for everyone, they will always be remembered for that feat :)
Technically, hex never said he would release a crack, he said he would release his research. Whether or not that leads to a crack is entirely dependent on whether someone smart enough makes one.

It's just like LayeredFS, technically all the groundwork is there in Atmosphere, right now, to do XCI loading, but someone smart enough who wants to enable piracy would need to implement it.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Technically, hex never said he would release a crack, he said he would release his research. Whether or not that leads to a crack is entirely dependent on whether someone smart enough makes one.

It's just like LayeredFS, technically all the groundwork is there in Atmosphere, right now, to do XCI loading, but someone smart enough who wants to enable piracy would need to implement it.
yeah right!! ;) ;) ;) he is just guessing and poof a crack appears ;) ;) we love our piracy dev enablers :) layeredfs function is completely different to the piracy tool, in this case a crack is a crack for a piracy software, piracy is piracy, there is no middle ground, without hexkys and crybaby that wouldnt be possible :) they deserve their BIG share of credit

Last edited by kamesenin888,

grytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well I am thinking to charge back (to get refund) and stop using SX OS if @naehrwert write up on their payload and brick code shows proof that can be triggered if we try to use any home-brew (which is unstable because TX seems like do not support int that case) inside SX OS. This kind of shit is not allowed, and I supported and appreciated their efforts on giving us working back up loader and stable OS but these practices are bad, and I do not want to be associated and lose my $300 machine in future just because of $25.

Hope @naehrwert explains how to get rid of SX OS completely from our machines if we want to stop using it.

Last edited by grytek,

Mikuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Well I am thinking to charge back (to get refund) and stop using SX OS if @naehrwert write up on their payload and brick code shows proof that can be triggered if we try to use any home-brew inside SX OS. This kind of shit is not allowed, and I supported and appreciated their efforts on giving us working back up loader and stable OS but these practices are bad, and I do not want to be associated and lose my $300 machine in future just because of $25.

Hope @naehrwert explains how to get rid of SX OS completely from our machines if we want to stop using it.
What a bullshit, do you actually belive that you can get a brick so easily? Why noone got a brick for a 10 days from release but only a 2 hackers that tried to crack it?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah right!! ;) ;) ;) he is just guessing and poof a crack appears ;) ;) we love our piracy dev enablers :) layeredfs function is completely different to the piracy tool, in this case a crack is a crack for a piracy software, piracy is piracy, there is no middle ground, without hexkys and crybaby that wouldnt be possible :) they deserve their BIG share of credit
What? No, he will release his research, obviously it will be enough to crack SXOS if it covers his full de-obfuscation flow. He's not (As far as I'm aware) planning on releasing an actual crack, just de-obfuscating it isn't going to get you anywhere.

Also, re-read what I said. LayeredFS laid the ground work for enabling XCI loading, I never said it allowed it. It implemented a MITM for the FileSystem service, the same service that loads game cards.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
What? No, he will release his research, obviously it will be enough to crack SXOS if it covers his full de-obfuscation flow. He's not (As far as I'm aware) planning on releasing an actual crack, just de-obfuscating it isn't going to get you anywhere.

Also, re-read what I said. LayeredFS laid the ground work for enabling XCI loading, I never said it allowed it. It implemented a MITM for the FileSystem service, the same service that loads game cards.
yeah right ;) ;) ;) they are awesome to enable piracy on our consoles for free :) be sure people will credit them a LOT for their achievement :) when the crack goes out, we must make sure they are always be remembered, without them it wouldnt be possible :) Do you think meddling with piracy "being an anti piracy" dev is going to get forgotten, come one man, you are just trying too hard to defend does hypocrites, they love piracy and we know it :)

Last edited by kamesenin888,

grytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What a bullshit, do you actually belive that you can get a brick so easily? Why noone got a brick for a 10 days from release but only a 2 hackers that tried to crack it?
I know so far no one is bricked, but they claim that things like home-brew (if unstable can cause some system crash that can be easily interpreted as tampering by SX OS if it makes mistake) or something similar can trigger brick due to OS chained in multiple stages to detect tampering. I just want to see their write up (as I am technically good, and have done low level stuff as programer) to validate their claims if they are true or not. What if in future when we are experimenting with other payloads or home-brew inside SX OS caused a brick ? It makes sense many people will use other payloads and home-brew which is in development for testing (SX officially stated you can use both).

If the brick can be recovered using a solution that does not require hardware and disassembling then I would be fine, but Hkz claims its not possible. Lets see their claims in their write up, and see how we can reproduce it easily on regular use before judging anyone. For now, I do not trust either TX or these researchers as both responses is not clear about brick code. (TX avoids about their brick code, and says its safe but still warns that using other than their software they are not responsible but they let us use other payloads or home-brew, and researchers still did not prove or showed us the proof us bricking in average use yet so waiting for their write up).

Last edited by grytek,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know so far no one is bricked, but they claim that things like home-brew (if unstable can cause some system crash that can be easily interpreted as tampering by SX OS if it makes mistake) or something similar can trigger brick due to OS chained in multiple stages to detect tampering. I just want to see their write up (as I am technically good, and have done low level stuff as programer) to validate their claims if they are true or not. What if in future when we are experimenting with other payloads or home-brew inside SX OS caused a brick ? It makes sense many people will use other payloads and home-brew which is in development for testing (SX officially stated you can use both).

If the brick can be recovered using a solution that does not require hardware and disassembling then I would be fine, but @Hkz claims its not possible. Lets see their claims in their write up, and see how we can reproduce it easily on regular use before judging anyone. For now, I do not trust either TX or these researchers as both responses is not clear about brick code. (TX avoids about their brick code, and says its safe but still warns that using other than their software they are not responsible but they let us use other payloads or home-brew, and researchers still did not prove or showed us the proof us bricking in average use yet so waiting for their write up).
Kudos for tagging someone who hasn't been active on GBATemp in almost a decade (hint: its not the person you were trying to refer to)

grytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Kudos for tagging someone who hasn't been active on GBATemp in almost a decade (hint: its not the person you were trying to refer to)
I know thats not, just tagged assuming that no one will be there under hkz. Seems I am wrong. Thanks for letting me know.

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If the brick can be recovered using a solution that does not require hardware and disassembling then I would be fine, but Hkz claims its not possible. Lets see their claims in their write up, and see how we can reproduce it easily on regular use before judging anyone. For now, I do not trust either TX or these researchers as both responses is not clear about brick code. (TX avoids about their brick code, and says its safe but still warns that using other than their software they are not responsible but they let us use other payloads or home-brew, and researchers still did not prove or showed us the proof us bricking in average use yet so waiting for their write up).

I am completely noob but after reading their response this was my fear as well, what if five months from now someone is messing with new homebrew and accidentaly activate this brick code? TX would not need to refund or offer any support because as they said "they were using things that could damage the console, and you should use only what TX offer you know"

Personally id rather wait for Atmosphere no matter how long it takes, unless they offer an appropriate answer for this.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I can't wait to see a pirated release of their product, they are avoiding the question, and patting themselves on the back at this point they're only throwing fuel into the flames, and they deserve the shit storm they'll get for this.

they steal code, release products that can accidentally brick official users who purchased them, and they simply don't care, go figure it's a pirates life to be, shameless thieves profiting from senseless greed, I'm surprised at how many morons fall for their bullshit, it would be depressing to watch if it wasn't idiotic how fast they jump to TX's side when TX is backed into a corner digging their own grave.

Atmosphere is much more promising at least they show you their code, besides half of what TX stole to make the SX OS is Atmosphere's base anyway, so it's not like there's much of a difference between them, well besides the back-up loader, which will eventually get ripped from TX's OS, or Made by another more trustable User/Group.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: aut0mat3d

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it’s basically stating that if you tamper with their code it could brick it. Makes sense to me I mean your literally putting a “knife in a toaster” then plugging it in basically by running it. The code could be Uber sensitive and who doesn’t want to protect their stuff by making their programs self destruct like mission impossible?
I think it would probably be better accepted if they made their program self destruct. The accusation is they make the Switch self destruct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright