TX Presents SX OS v2.7 BETA - Full v8.0.1 Compatible!

Good day, friends! We are pleased to announce the release of SX OS 2.7 beta.
SXOS27.jpg

Well, if you been waiting to try out 'boost mode' in Zelda or play MK11, well no more waiting, you can now update and enjoy! :)
This update brings full compatibility with firmware 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. All your favorite SX OS functionality (emuNAND, XCI emulation, cheats, etc.) should work as intended.

SX OS v2.7 beta is available on our website and through our Online Update right now!

We keep getting excellent feedback from our users, and have accumulated a nice todo list for new SX OS functionality. Its been almost a year since our initial release, but we promise we're still actively working on adding new features and improving existing ones.

Of course, behind the scenes we are also still working hard on our solution for those "unhackable" switches. Good progress is being made, so hang in there!
That's it for today, keep checking back for more updates!

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Atmosphere is not even released..so...
What?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To playing online should i update my emunand also to the latest firmware or only ofw and sx os?
You probably won't be playing online on Emunand... So unless there's a backup you want to run that requires 8.x, you don't need to update your emunand for now.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I meant the stable release of Atmosphere 0.8.8! And yes it is released (official release was back in October).

Atmosphere 0.8.8 is not stable.. it was updated to 0.8.9 just 6 days later due to a number of bugs which needed fixing - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Not that there is anything discernable between a beta release and a stable release on ANY software platform these days.. everything is thrown out to the public with little QA testing, even AAA titles on all platforms.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To playing online should i update my emunand also to the latest firmware or only ofw and sx os?

you shuold never be playing online using emunand or you are most likely to be banned.

you play your ORIGINAL games and the free to play games online using your sysNAND updated to 8.0.1 (if you really want to play online) and then you play your homebrew and backups on your emuNAND - so that none of the homebrew or backups get detected and get your console banned.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i new update comes out do i make a nand backup again ?
Well if you only used emunand and you never updated or used sysnand and already have the same backup of it, no point in backing up sysnand again...

If you plan to upgrade sysnand without burning efuses then it would be even more secure to always back it up so that you keep getting latest data like latest saves...

If your talking about emunand nand, you can always back it up every time before updating for maximum security in case the data gets corrupted or something goes bad you will always have the last nand before updating and with all your data in it...

Also if you plan to update sysnand without burning e-fuses, NEVER ever delete the first sysnand backup, I'd leave it safe my self...
Atmosphere 0.8.8 is not stable.. it was updated to 0.8.9 just 6 days later due to a number of bugs which needed fixing - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Not that there is anything discernable between a beta release and a stable release on ANY software platform these days.. everything is thrown out to the public with little QA testing, even AAA titles on all platforms.
This is not even an app or game that you buy... it has always been like this. All hacking stuff the warranty that comes with it = DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!, SXOS since its paid I guess you still have the right to blame though :).

And about games I actually like buying alphas, at least they are very cheap and the good ones have more content and are better than any AAA game and when released prices increase high. Post Scriptum and Squad at least are my top current games and I'm planning to buy Hell Let Loose, however I hate its gun sounds and still needs a huge amount of polishing, I'm gonna hold a bit and see if it improves then I will buy it.

Last edited by guily6669,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SciresM didn’t release 0.8.9 mainly because of the bug fixes, while there were bug fixes as always, he mainly released it because he had finished reimplementing the spl and ro sysmodules and wanted to have them in a release

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SciresM didn’t release 0.8.9 mainly because of the bug fixes, while there were bug fixes as always, he mainly released it because he had finished reimplementing the spl and ro sysmodules and wanted to have them in a release

it's right there in the changelog.. about 40% in total of what was updated was fixing bugs. Release 6 days after 0.8.8

The following was changed since the last release:
  • A number of bugs were fixed, including:
    • A data abort was fixed when mounting certain partitions on NAND.
    • All Stratosphère system modules now only maintain a connection to sm when actively using it.
      • This helps mitigate the scenario where sm hits the limit of 64 active connections and crashes.
      • This sometimes caused crashes when custom non-Atmosphère sysmodules were active and the user played certain games (ex: Smash's Stage Builder).
    • fatal now uses the 8.0.0+ clkrst API, instead of silently failing to adjust clock rates on that firmware version.
    • A wait loop is now performed when trying to get a session to sm, in the case where sm: is not yet registered.
      • This fixes a race condition that could cause a failure to boot under certain circumstances.
    • libstratosphere's handling of domain object closing has been improved.
      • Previously, this code could cause crashes/extremely odd behavior (misinterpreting what object a service is) under certain circumstances.
the rest being:
  • An optional automatic reboot timer was added to fatal.
    • By setting the system setting atmosphere!fatal_auto_reboot_interval to a non-zero u64 value, fatal can be made to automatically reboot after a certain number of milliseconds.
    • If the setting is zero or not present, fatal will wait for user input as usual.
  • Atmosphère now provides a reimplementation of the ro system module.
    • ro is responsible for loading dynamic libraries (NROs) on 3.0.0+.
      • On 1.0.0-2.3.0, this is handled by loader.
    • Atmosphere's ro provides this functionality (ldr:ro, ro:dmnt) on all firmware versions.
    • An extension was implemented to provide support for applying IPS patches to NROs.
      • All patches at paths like /atmosphere/nro_patches/<user-defined patch name>/<Hex Build-ID for NRO to patch>.ips will be applied, allowing for easy distribution of patches.
      • Both the IPS and IPS32 formats are supported.
  • Atmosphère now provides a reimplementation of the spl system module.
    • spl (Secure Platform Services) is responsible for cryptographic operations, including all communications with the secure monitor (exosphère).
    • In the future, this may be used to provide extensions to the API for interacting with exosphère from userland.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

But the main point is that saying something is STABLE, no matter how many numbers you throw at it in it's version name - means absolutely nothing.

Until the devs decide that all initial design bullet points have been met, the software passes use and or rigourous QA testing and then the app is let loose and generally new pursuits are followed, occasionally with a little post release tinkering here and there.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's right there in the changelog.. about 40% in total of what was updated was fixing bugs. Release 6 days after 0.8.8

The following was changed since the last release:
  • A number of bugs were fixed, including:
    • A data abort was fixed when mounting certain partitions on NAND.
    • All Stratosphère system modules now only maintain a connection to sm when actively using it.
      • This helps mitigate the scenario where sm hits the limit of 64 active connections and crashes.
      • This sometimes caused crashes when custom non-Atmosphère sysmodules were active and the user played certain games (ex: Smash's Stage Builder).
    • fatal now uses the 8.0.0+ clkrst API, instead of silently failing to adjust clock rates on that firmware version.
    • A wait loop is now performed when trying to get a session to sm, in the case where sm: is not yet registered.
      • This fixes a race condition that could cause a failure to boot under certain circumstances.
    • libstratosphere's handling of domain object closing has been improved.
      • Previously, this code could cause crashes/extremely odd behavior (misinterpreting what object a service is) under certain circumstances.
the rest being:
  • An optional automatic reboot timer was added to fatal.
    • By setting the system setting atmosphere!fatal_auto_reboot_interval to a non-zero u64 value, fatal can be made to automatically reboot after a certain number of milliseconds.
    • If the setting is zero or not present, fatal will wait for user input as usual.
  • Atmosphère now provides a reimplementation of the ro system module.
    • ro is responsible for loading dynamic libraries (NROs) on 3.0.0+.
      • On 1.0.0-2.3.0, this is handled by loader.
    • Atmosphere's ro provides this functionality (ldr:ro, ro:dmnt) on all firmware versions.
    • An extension was implemented to provide support for applying IPS patches to NROs.
      • All patches at paths like /atmosphere/nro_patches/<user-defined patch name>/<Hex Build-ID for NRO to patch>.ips will be applied, allowing for easy distribution of patches.
      • Both the IPS and IPS32 formats are supported.
  • Atmosphère now provides a reimplementation of the spl system module.
    • spl (Secure Platform Services) is responsible for cryptographic operations, including all communications with the secure monitor (exosphère).
    • In the future, this may be used to provide extensions to the API for interacting with exosphère from userland.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

But the main point is that saying something is STABLE, no matter how many numbers you throw at it in it's version name - means absolutely nothing.

Until the devs decide that all initial design bullet points have been met, the software passes use and or rigourous QA testing and then the app is let loose and generally new pursuits are followed, occasionally with a little post release tinkering here and there.
So nothing is truly “stable” then, since everything has bugs

and again Scires didn’t release 0.8.9 because of the bug fixes, it was mainly released because of the spl and ro reimplementations, if he hadn’t done those 0.8.9 wouldn’t have had come out at the time it did (it likely would’ve come out much later)

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

and again Scires didn’t release 0.8.9 because of the bug fixes, it was mainly released because of the spl and ro reimplementations, if he hadn’t done those 0.8.9 wouldn’t have had come out at the time it did (it likely would’ve come out much later)

Stable is when the software is mostly tested to not fail and when either time, money or inclination says no more development of said product.

Correct.. if the fix for the 0.8.8 major breaking bugs where people were having massive issues installing NSPs hadn't come out, then there would be a lot more support messages in the forums from atmos users.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Stable is when the software is mostly tested to not fail and when either time, money or inclination says no more development of said product.

Correct.. if the fix for the 0.8.8 major breaking bugs where people were having massive issues installing NSPs hadn't come out, then there would be a lot more support messages in the forums from atmos users.
I still don't understand the point... If it was just press a button and boom a full OS is made in a second completely working out of bugs...

Even things that you pay like Windows and many software from multimillionaire\billionaire companies with thousands of ppl working on the product always do shit...

What would you expect from a very, very SMALL team trying to do a "remake" almost of the entire Nintendo OS if not all and Nintendo stuff is made probably by thousands of ppl and atmosphere even adds completely new stuff to it.

Even SXOS that is paid it always have bugs.

Also even after full Atmosphere release, there will be always something new to fix or to add 4 ever, can't even imagine when emunand is finished where would community takes us with it making new stuff for it... I personally want telemetry, having temps and clock reports like on the home button, that would be nice.

Last edited by guily6669,

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I still don't understand the point... If it was just press a button and boom a full OS is made in a second completely working out of bugs...

Even things that you pay like Windows and many software from multimillionaire\billionaire companies with thousands of ppl working on the product always do shit...

What would you expect from a very, very SMALL team trying to do a "remake" almost of the entire Nintendo OS if not all and Nintendo stuff is made probably by thousands of ppl and atmosphere even adds completely new stuff to it.

Even SXOS that is paid it always have bugs.

Also even after full Atmosphere release, there will be always something new to fix or to add 4 ever, can't even imagine when emunand is finished where would community takes us with it making new stuff for it... I personally want telemetry, having temps and clock reports like on the home button, that would be nice.

EXACTLY THE POINT!!!

VERSION NUMBERS ARE MEANINGLESS - Like the points on Whose Line is it anyway?

EVERY software has bugs and they are only given arbitrary release numbers like 1.0 when the least amount of app breaking bugs have been squished.

neav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Stable version is only truly achievable once nintendo slow down their firmware support for Switch, which I don't think will happen anytime soon. Time is needed to find bugs and fix them, and before they can finish identify any single bug, a new firmware update might be introduce and new bugs will surface.

Just because Atmosphere didn't put 'Beta' on their version number doesn't mean it's a stable release.

SpiderPig2810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just updated my SX OS v.2.7.1 and after that my Switch via ChoiDujourNX to 8.0.1.
Now a lot of games are not working anymore (Mario Party, Mario Odyssey and a few others). Is there an explanation for that? What should i do? Transfer the game files again via FTP? I'm playing NSPs from the SD Card.

Last edited by SpiderPig2810,

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
I just updated my SX OS v.2.7.1 and after that my Switch via ChoiDujourNX to 8.0.1.
Now a lot of games are not working anymore (Mario Party, Mario Odyssey and a few others). Is there an explanation for that? What should i do? Transfer the game files again via FTP? I'm playing NSPs from the SD Card.
read the thread its well known

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: