1. SpiderPig2810

SpiderPig2810 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Ok. what does that mean? Is there a function in the SX installer to fix that quick? I deleted the game and transferred the complete game again via FTP. Is that not necessary?

2. brollikk

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is this a result of team xecutor messing something up? I haven’t heard of this issue with atmospheres newest version. Like... can they release a new update that’s will make this unnecessary?

3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Some people had issues on atmosphere and 8.x, with games previously installed using SX OS's built-in installer, or a really old version of real tinfoil. The problem is caused by bad code in those old installers (same code, TX "borrowed" it and never updated it when tinfoil was fixed) and new checks/changes in 8.x firmware. The fix is to reinstall those games. Maybe it would be possible for the CFW to fix with an additional patch, who knows maybe TX will try that if customers complain enough.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. brollikk

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks - this was the best explanation I’ve heard.

hippy dave likes this.
  5. XTRIPLEX

XTRIPLEX Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    That's because you are using XCIs without need of installing.
    Same here, never patched or installed anything and everything works perfect as always.

cost69er likes this.
  6. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Member
    Newcomer

this just saved my ass thought i had bricked it updating it then thank you !

7. viper3344

viper3344 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you just “reinstall” or do you have to remove the installed nsps first?

8. brollikk

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not sure, I haven’t upgraded yet. I’d try a reinstall before removing

9. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Can I just ask, if I haven't got the latest firmware files ready to be installed on my SD card, can I still replace the current boot.dat with the new one? Will it still work? Thanks guys

10. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    it works fine.. I have emuNAND 7.0.1 and had SX OS 2.6.2 files on my SD card, I literally just download and copied the SX OS 2.7.1 boot.dat file over the existing file and it works with no issues (for me)

ChokingVictim87 likes this.
  11. Nashman89

Nashman89 Newbie
    Newcomer

Puerto Rico
    Ok so if I downloaded the newest SX OS version, I'll have to use ChoidujorNX still to update offline? Also, if I still can use ChoidujorNX, does it has to be the most recent version also? (v102) It's my first time doing this but I've already got my NAND done and saved. Can you help with these questions?

12. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can use ChoidujorNX to still update offline unless you wanna risk a ban. It must be the latest. Setup emunand on your Switch first with SXOS menu. You will need to backup all the files on the SD card and need 32gb+. 128GB sandisk recommended.

13. MarioShadow

MarioShadow Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    same here bro, wondering if all xci games gonna work

14. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    reposting @hippy dave 's explanation.. there is nothing to wonder or worry about.

"..Some people had issues on atmosphere and 8.x, with games previously installed using SX OS's built-in installer, or a really old version of real tinfoil. The problem is caused by bad code in those old installers (same code, TX "borrowed" it and never updated it when tinfoil was fixed) and new checks/changes in 8.x firmware. The fix is to reinstall those games. Maybe it would be possible for the CFW to fix with an additional patch, who knows maybe TX will try that if customers complain enough.."

hippy dave likes this.
  15. Nashman89

Nashman89 Newbie
    Newcomer

Puerto Rico
    I already did a NAND backup and saved it on my PC, now I do an amunand and save the backup all over again? I already downloaded the latest Choidujor and placed it on my sdcard. Should I delete it before doing the emunand?

16. cost69er

cost69er Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    everything works fine for me

17. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Have a bit of a problem and hope someone can clarify the solution.
    Current SX is the latest 2.7.1 beta
    I used choi to update from FW 7.0.1 to 8.0.1
    But after that, now suddenly most xci games wont play at all anymore. I never had this problem before.
    Others have said that in order to solve the problem, I would need to uninstall game updates+dlc from switch then reinstall them while being in FW 8.0.1 via Choi.

Is this true?
    I fear that if I reinstall the updates+dlc in 8.0.1, i cant go back to 7.0.1 :(

18. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You're better off using nsp over xci. Better and faster load times

19. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    Meh. If you will go back to 7.0.1, then you need to do the same - reinstall DLCs and updates. There is no "I can't go back" in this case.

20. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I actually prefer XCI better. Loading times were never a problem with XCI, plus the less NSP I install; the better.

Atm, I haven't done any uninstalling or new installs. Just simply noticed that BOTW, Mario Odyssey and other games wouldn't boot up in 8.0.1 anymore. I just went back to 7.0.1 via Choi and games are playable again.

I'm just hoping someone can explain a solution to this problem. Other forums have people reporting the same problem I just experienced.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Compatible, Presents,