Newcomer

Brazil
    Themes will work now ? :unsure:

2. HellaJvke

HellaJvke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey guys mine console isnt booting into the cfw
    i got the latest beta from their site
    and im holding the power button and + like always...
    on 8.01
    any adivce

i updated via horizon firmware

Last edited by HellaJvke, May 3, 2019
  3. SXAintSoBad

SXAintSoBad Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    Haven't tried any others from your "Not Working" list, however I did try this specific one and it WORKS for me. I installed it as described below.

I think there are two issues;
    1. Installation issues: I have found that the most reliable way to install titles is under Atmosphere 0.85 or above using Tinfoil 1.53 or above. The titles seem to work everywhere then. Installing with SX-OS under Album or using SX Installer seems to lead to issues down the track.

2. Something has been broken, as a small number of my older titles won't launch under SX-OS any more, but work fine under Atmosphere;
    - Atelier Lydie
    - I Am Setsuna
    - Lost Sphear
    - The Longest 5 Minutes

UPDATE: all of these work fine with the just released SX-OS 2.7.1

Last edited by SXAintSoBad, May 3, 2019
    gizmomelb likes this.
  4. richardfong

richardfong Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I think you're right. I think the ones previously installed using Tinfoil for me worked and the ones installed using SX-OS under Album or using SX Installer are the ones in the long list, as I've only recently started using Tinfoil. Ugh. All of those games worked perfectly previously, so I really hope this can be patched, as otherwise I have to reinstall all of those games, their updates and DLCs.

Anyone else unable to run NSPs installed prior to SXOS 2.7?

Last edited by richardfong, May 3, 2019
    gizmomelb likes this.
  5. SXAintSoBad

Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    This is another data point supporting my suggestion that the SX Album installer and/or SX Installer are at least partly to blame: Thimbleweed Park worked just fine for me with SX-OS 2.7 under 8.0.1 [missed this when I read your list for the first time]. Again, this would have been installed under Atmosphere with Tinfoil.

I bit the bullet back when I installed Atmosphere, deleted all installed titles and reinstalled them under Atmosphere using Tinfoil. Everything works everywhere now...since TX has already fixed the bug they introduced with older games.

Now all I want is for the TX bootloader to directly chainload fusee_primary instead of crashing and I'll be totally happy. (I have to load up Atmosphere via Hekate at present which is a mild pain).

6. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OG tinfoil or new tinfoil? bc new tinfoil and sx installer are essentially the same

7. SXAintSoBad

Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    New Tinfoil. v1.53 or above.

I am aware that SX Installer == New Tinfoil, however when running under SX-OS, I get different results;

Under Firmware 7.0.1:
    Atmosphere + New Tinfoil = everything installs fine and works under sigpatched Atmosphere and SX-OS
    SX-OS + New Tinfoil = everything installs fine and works under SX-OS but doesn't work under sigpatched Atmosphere

Haven't yet tried the above formally under firmware 8.0.1 to see if I get the same result.
    Will report back my observations when I do.

UPDATE:
    Firmware 8.0.1 Atmosphere 0.89 Tinfoil 1.55
    - XCIs install and run fine under Atmosphere and SX-OS
    Firmware 8.0.1 SX-OS 2.71 Tinfoil 1.55
    - XCIs install and run fine under SX-OS and Atmosphere

Last edited by SXAintSoBad, May 3, 2019
  8. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    deleted.. user already aware that 2.7.1 update is out.

Last edited by gizmomelb, May 3, 2019
  9. PixelJunk

PixelJunk Member
    Newcomer

Everytime I try to use Checkpoint to restore a save file now the whole console gets this error message.

This happens for all games.

Attached Files:

10. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Mine works perfectly using Checkpoint. Everything works as promises.

11. PixelJunk

PixelJunk Member
    Newcomer

Okay mine works now.
    Restarted twice and now it seems to be working.

12. Condemned87

Condemned87 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    That cant be true because I've played both games yesterday with SX OS 2.7 (not 2.7.1) - without any problem.

13. mugwump

mugwump Newbie
    Newcomer

Mario Kart works fine for me. But, with both 2.7 and 2.7.1 these games don't work (I am also on Firware 8.1): Dark Souls, LOZ, Diablo (probably more). I get a "corrupt data" error, then it "checks data" and wants to redownload something (I'm on airplane mode/banned switch, so no go).
    Anyone else?

14. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Fan

United States
    are you on exFAT ? No problem here, evne with SXOS 2.7 but FAT32 (tested zelda, mario kart, 1 2 Switch, and some newer games).

15. mugwump

mugwump Newbie
    Newcomer

Yep, using exFAT. I'm trying to load xci games, if that makes a difference. My NSP games appear to be fine, it just appears as though the majority of my xci files are giving me that weird error. "Corrupted data has been detected. Please run a check for corrupt data". Then select "check". Message: "Corrupt data found" and taken to a "redownload" option, that I obv can't use. See pic https://ibb.co/tDRNSvn

16. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thats how AutoRCM works your not suppose to have a choice it just auto boots into to whatever has priority. Emunand is enabled by default from the SXOS menu. So when you use AutoRCM it will go directly into it instead of sysnand. I don't even think its possible to AutoRCM into sysnand when you have Emunand installed.

Last edited by MasterJ360, May 3, 2019
  17. SXAintSoBad

Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    My postulate for games not working under SX-OS 2.7.1 is that these games were installed by SX Album installer or perhaps another older installer.
    Games installed using Tinfoil 1.55 under SX-OS 2.7.1 appear to all work correctly.
    The only solution is to uninstall the game and then reinstall it.

gizmomelb likes this.
  18. MitsukiUchiwa

MitsukiUchiwa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Got an error at boot : 2168-0002
    My SD card is fine, nothing is corrupted but this version doesn't work for me.
    ReiNX is runing fine.

BTW : AutoRCM enabled, SD Card formated in exFAT and Horizon doesn't boot without my sd card since I updated to 8.0.1 from CDJ.

EDIT : got tired of trying to find which file was causing this so I formated my sd card and everything is working now. Plus it made a spring cleaning.

Last edited by MitsukiUchiwa, May 3, 2019
  19. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    On Switch most ppl recommend using Fat32 since Nintendo exFat support is bad it seems to have a big chance of corrupting data.

But that might also be just because of updating SXOS+emunand or CFW or whatever, try reinstalling those corrupted games (In this case delete and move them back to the mSD since they are XCI...) to see if they start to work.

Though I'm also using exFat since it doesnt have the 4GB file limit hassle and it gives me better read\write spead on my PC to move stuff (in case my data gets corrupted I don't care anyway, I would just format the mSD and put a backup emunand in it again), however for ppl that plays hundreds of hours game "x" and would cry if their savedata gets corrupted and you don't want the hassle of keep backing it up, then I recommend using Fat32 or you might cry some day :rofl2:.......... Or not...:ph34r:.

Last edited by guily6669, May 3, 2019
  20. senas8

senas8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a weird bug. Every time I go into settings. Switch crashes. This is after I updated to 6.01 sx os and then updated to 7.0.1 .. crash still there. Anyone else? This happens a lot with home brew, but now it’s been happening within switch settings.

Last edited by senas8, May 3, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Compatible, Presents,