TX Presents SX OS v2.5 BETA - With LAN-PLAY Support

This One Is Great For All Those Waiting To Enjoy Smash Online!
SX25.jpg

TX as usual is listening to user feedback and requests, and here it is LAN-PLAY Support is now included in SX OS v2.5 BETA, enjoy! :)
Another day, another release!

Your friends from Team Xecuter are back with a fresh release of your beloved SX OS. This new v2.5 beta release introduces two exciting new functionalities that you all have been requesting.

Let's waste no time on chit-chat, and see what's new in this release:
  • Fixed sleepmode in case of fuse mismatch
    Sleep/standby mode would break when your emuNAND was on a different firmware version than your actual system NAND. This has been resolved now. So from now on you can run the latest and greatest firmware in emuNAND while at the same time keeping a lower firmware on your original system's NAND. Nifty!
  • Added initial support for "Internet Local Wireless Play"
    Many of you have been requesting for us to add support for "local wireless play" tunneling over the internet. We have integrated this functionality into SX OS for you. This currently requires you to use a bit of software, LAN-Play on a computer to facilitate the tunneling. This software can be downloaded from the LAN-Play website: www.LAN-PLAY.com. Check out their project, they are are doing an amazing job. To enable "Internet Local Wireless Play" simply head into the SX Menu and head over to the "options" page. There's a toggle for enabling and disabling this functionality at will now.
That's all for today. This marks the half-way point of SX OS 2. This year has been amazing and we want to thank the loyal and ever growing TX Switch user community, you guys are the reason this is all possible!
Our resident hard- and software wizards are hard at work at bringing you even more groundbreaking functionality and products. Keep an eye on us!

(As usual, please remember all our latest releases & apps, can be found on our sx.xecuter.com portal website)

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you're guessing?, i'd be nice to play with different dudes, i keep playing against the same user names since 2013 across 3ds/wiiu. shoutout to those ninty fans. ZachScottGames somehow you have not gotten better at games over the course of years...

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
you're guessing?, i'd be nice to play with different dudes, i keep playing against the same user names since 2013 across 3ds/wiiu. shoutout to those ninty fans. ZachScottGames somehow you have not gotten better at games over the course of years...
No. I am answering with "?" because it is obvious. You need CFW for everything.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a prob. Pokemon Lets Go (both versions) wont boot. I start the game it shows the loadingscreen (with the switchlogo) and it is in bootloop. if i press homebutton my switch freezes. i have to reboot. SXOS 2.5 Beta FW 6.2

Reactions: comput3rus3r

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i really don't know what i'm doing wrong with lan play setup, wireless mode works just fine which tells me i'm at least following most/all of the steps correctly. I try pressing L+R+Left analog and it just does nothing and just ends giving me error code 2155-8007.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a prob. Pokemon Lets Go (both versions) wont boot. I start the game it shows the loadingscreen (with the switchlogo) and it is in bootloop. if i press homebutton my switch freezes. i have to reboot. SXOS 2.5 Beta FW 6.2
Disable your layeredFS mods.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yea i really don't know what i'm doing wrong with lan play setup, wireless mode works just fine which tells me i'm at least following most/all of the steps correctly. I try pressing L+R+Left analog and it just does nothing and just ends giving me error code 2155-8007.
That button combo sounds like your using one of the games with native LAN support. You don’t need to activate the plugin for games that actually have LAN. You just need the custom network settings. The plugin is for those local area Wi-Fi only games.

k1ngme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get this working on Mac? Ive installed homebrew and turned it on for my switch but in terminal it says "command not found"

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
thx

still crashes
Not sure then. There is a bug with layeredfs and that they are fixing on the next release. I took that info from the 2.2.1 beta changelog

• Add support for temporarily disabling LayeredFS by pressing X while launching game/application
    If you want to skip loading your LayeredFS patches you can now hold the X key while launching a game/application. The game/app will start normally without any patches applied.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@garyopa Do they know about the pokemon let's go bug?

@garyopa Do they know about the pokemon let's go bug?
edit: So I just tested my pokemon evee.xci and it works fine on sxos 2.5 emunand/sysnand 6.2.
I went by several posts including discord messages about it not working.
I should have tested it before I made a comment.

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using lan-play on a switch that isn't yet banned is going to expose me to more risk of ban, right? (Regardless of 90dns/stealth mode)

Am I correct in assuming that lan-play is more something for users that have already been banned?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
layeredFS mods worked for me on SXOS Beta 2.4 but not 2.5

prob is sxos 2.5 the x button is held during the gameboot...still same.....it stucks on loading....pressed home.......blackscreen....freezed...hold powerbutton the shutdown menu displayed but joygon or wireless controls do not work touchscreen dont react so i have to hardreset

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So using lan-play on a switch that isn't yet banned is going to expose me to more risk of ban, right? (Regardless of 90dns/stealth mode)

Am I correct in assuming that lan-play is more something for users that have already been banned?

You can't get banned when using anything emuand with sxos unless you turn Stealth Mode off and play pirated games online. You won't get banned using lanplay because stastic IP with fake Internet via lanplay client.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?