TX Presents SX Dumper v2.0.4 - Now With 'Install Cartridge' Options

Team WAIN continues to improve their SX Dumper app, adding more features users have requested!
SD204-1.jpg

Team WAIN is back, and their latest update allows you to now directly 'install cartridges', and even 'mount xci' images, check it out below:
SX Dumper Changelog v2.0.4
  • added ability to install cartridge or loaded .xci file.
  • added ability to mount xci when found.
Running into problems, or need help, then please join us on our TX official discord channel!
SD204-2.jpg

That's all for today, but please stay tuned for more exciting news! :)

—< Team-Xecuter – Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

D

Deleted_413010

Hopefully TX can get the chance to add a way to increase the Emunand size on the SD card. I prefer games to be installed to "emu"NAND over SD. It's just to avoid potential corruption

They don't even write their own code. They copy it from Atmosphere. So unless Atmosphere gets that don't expect SXOS to be getting that anytime soon.

D

Deleted User

They don't even write their own code. They copy it from Atmosphere. So unless Atmosphere gets that don't expect SXOS to be getting that anytime soon.
They manage to put XCI loading, cheat engine, and emunand before anyone did. They have experience. Even though it is said they copy codes, dont mean they don't put in their own. You just can't look at it like that

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tinfoil can already install XCI games as NSP just gotta dump the game first from the cartridge of course. In a way this feature can be useful to cut time
I know that, but this is way more convenient. And it's a godsend for those that prefer buying physical, but still like the convenience of having all their games in one place. Like me. It just makes things so simple.

Reactions: Deleted User

Daniel Navarro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
it saves you steps, instead of mounting the xci you want first in sx os rommenu and then going into sx dumper, you can easy pick what xci you want directly from app, this saves button presses and time, as you can browse all your installed games and xci images from within sx dumper now, and just mount the one you want and even select 'install' which basically converts the xci on the fly to your sdcard or nand as installed game, saving you the need to use other apps, or utilities.

and now with install cartridge, even more time saving, borrow the latest game from a friend, or buy one (like you should), now you can just insert the cartridge and pick 'install', it basically dumps, installs all in one-step, no need to dump it into xci, and then mount the xci, great for people that sadly like having nsp way of gaming on their switch with everything on homescreen and not wanting to mess around with xci images, etc.

there is alot more to come over the next few weeks with this app, so stay tuned as the developers work on adding in more features, etc.

If I install my own cartridges on the system nand,can I use them without loading SX OS? And also safe to get online and not get banned?

Reactions: The_Green_Nerd

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The whole point of Emunand is to keep Sysnand clean from homebrew. Why would this be needed? Hopefully you know if you get banned on Emunand, your Sysnand is banned as well

Edit: you can already load emunand without CFW. Just hold the volume button when injecting the payload, load OFW like you would on Sysnand and you're set to play Emunand to keep your Sysnand on a low firm because reasons we dont know why you cant use choidujournx to update without burning fuse

you cant load emunand without cfw i try it out now and it dosnt work cant understand how you believe thats worked

D

Deleted User

you cant load emunand without cfw i try it out now and it dosnt work cant understand how you believe thats worked
It was something. If Emunand requires CFW, then you're shit out of luck. Just backup your nand and update with choidujournx. It won't burn fuse so you can always downgrade back anytime you wish to

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It was something. If Emunand requires CFW, then you're shit out of luck. Just backup your nand and update with choidujournx. It won't burn fuse so you can always downgrade back anytime you wish to

emunand cannot be a cfw feature since it is a way to load a cfw....

you can use this way easy to boot a ofw...?=

but when it gives no update before release i goes with the chobi method

Last edited by loler55,
D

Deleted User

emunand cannot be a cfw feature since it is a way to load a cfw....

you can use this way easy to boot a ofw...?=

but when it gives no update before release i goes with the chobi method
What firmware is your Sysnand on?

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this version to load. It keeps crashing SX OS. My sdcard is a 400gb Sandisk formatted as FAT32, and works fine otherwise. I'm running on 8.01 emunand.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I know that, but this is way more convenient. And it's a godsend for those that prefer buying physical, but still like the convenience of having all their games in one place. Like me. It just makes things so simple.
That is something I would like as well (but under Atmosphere). Take my physical games, then install them so that I won't have to swap cards. Especially useful for any game that has a major online component. Nothing mandatory like how PS4 and XB1 must deal with physical games though. Of course I don't know the implications regarding if that can cause a ban because it would be a physical game is being ran digitally.....

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That is something I would like as well (but under Atmosphere). Take my physical games, then install them so that I won't have to swap cards. Especially useful for any game that has a major online component. Nothing mandatory like how PS4 and XB1 must deal with physical games though. Of course I don't know the implications regarding if that can cause a ban because it would be a physical game is being ran digitally.....
As far as Nintendo is concerned it would be piracy so you would most certainly get banned.
Just the act of being online in CFW can get you banned.
TX copied emuNAND from Atmosphere? Even though TX has had emuNAND for a while now and Atmosphere doesn't even have it yet? Did they also copy XCI loading from Atmosphere? :rolleyes:
I'm tired of hearing this flawed argument.

Reactions: Garou

Riptide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumping anything just hangs at 0%. Guess they didn't fix this problem that people complained about in the v2.0.3 thread.
Setup:
400gb Sandisk exFAT, Emunand 8.0.1 ( Files ), SX OS 2.8 Beta, SX Dumper 2.0.4

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Dumping anything just hangs at 0%. Guess they didn't fix this problem that people complained about in the v2.0.3 thread.
Setup:
400gb Sandisk exFAT, Emunand 8.0.1 ( Files ), SX OS 2.8 Beta, SX Dumper 2.0.4

The is fixed 2.04build, for some reason the older build is on the server, I will get the corrected version uploaded by tomorrow, and reply back to this thread when its done.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX Dumper crashes for me. I'm running 8.1.0 in emunand, and when I try to load it up, it hangs at a black screen for a few seconds and then errors out. Anybody else having this problem?

Riptide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The is fixed 2.04build, for some reason the older build is on the server, I will get the corrected version uploaded by tomorrow, and reply back to this thread when its done.

The version number says 2.0.4 so it must not be fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones