(USB HDD Update!) TX Anounces SX AUTOLOADER v1.10 from Team [WAIN]

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oji

oji GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    There's no such a thing as exclusively exFAT corruption, FAT32 is corrupting as well. The latter just a little more durable due to the second copy of a filesystem tree so it can survive in more cases. If you don't use actively writing to a microSD homebrew apps, you most likely won't face corruptions at all, nor on FAT32 neither on exFAT. But if you do, the FAT32 is an obvious choice.

2. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2016
    Can someone help , i updated SXOS and got the latest SX autoloader, now my siwtch crashes whenever i plug in my external HDD, any idea ??

3. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    Not true, If you use Atmosphere and load a theme or plugin or program such as amiiswap or some other homebrew or game that crashes, Atmosphere writes a crash log to the micro sd card, due to the fact your switch has just crashed - this writing can wreak havok to the exfat file allocation table and likely cause corruption in your card. Some of the file entries hex value is changed to E5, and the system no longer knows where to find the file.

Until Atmosphere or other software/homebrew disables logging or writing to sd card, you'll always have a high chance of file allocation table corruption when using exfat, that's why fat32 is better just now, simply because there's always a backup of the file allocation table, so the files can be found from that backup table if the other one is corrupted.

4. ckenni

ckenni Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2006
    Is it possible to move the discussion about ExFat vs Fat32 to another thread? I agree that this topic is important but it is derailing the discussion about figuring the issues with Autoloader.

On my end, i figured out 2 XCIs that i needed to delete to prevent the XCI album to crash. I also renamed all my XCIs and removed other layeredfs files in my SXOS installation.

Unfortunately, the Autoloader still crashes randomly even if it is just idle on the game select screen. I just removed the autoloader and will wait for a more stable version

5. oji

oji GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    B-but it's the SX OS thread... And if you talk about the Atmosphere, I do agree there's no reason to use exFAT on it.

6. SonGoku78

SonGoku78 GBAtemp Regular

May 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    do i have to be on latest fimrware version and on latest SX OS version to get this autoloader running or can i stay on fw 8 and sx os 2.5.3 ?

7. steplay29

steplay29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    belfast
    You have to update to 2.9.2 to get auto loader running.i am on sx 2.9.2 and firmware 8.1.program works a treat,great work GUYS.

8. jkjj

jkjj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    United States
    update- i removed this as well. maybe it works great if you have a few XCI's or something, but i have a TB of stuff, and even trying to let it scan for a couple hours it never seems to stop crashing eventually and ramdomly.

right now its just too good to be true but hopefully they fix it. i almost wish it fully worked before being announced

9. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    same.
    as i said earlier, from my experience at least, i’m going need something more stable
    pity as it seemed to have great potential

10. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

GBAtemp Patron
    Darth Meteos is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    Australia
    Down Under
    This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Thanks, guys.

11. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.