Status
Not open for further replies.

(USB HDD Update!) TX Anounces SX AUTOLOADER v1.10 from Team [WAIN]

Team [WAIN] is back with a quick update to their SX Autoloader release!
SXAL2.png

We have not heard from Team [WAIN] for a while, and today they dropped a bomb-shell of an add-on to SX OS, a simple little file that adds a much needed feature, 'auto-loading' of all your backup cartridges, no more hunting thru lots of icons to find a game and mounting it just click on the Game Icon you want to play right now and magically the cartridge will be inserted for you, its like having a multi-CD-changer attached to your Switch console! :)
Thanks to their friends at Team [WAIN] they have released an small 'add-on' to their SX OS v2.9.2 which allows you to 'auto-load', what that means now you just find the game you have previously played on your Horizon Home Screen, click on it, and even if it is a dumped cartridge in XCI format, as long as you still have the files on your Micro SD-Card and/or USB HDD, it will now auto-mount the cartridge backup for you and launch it, no more getting upset seeing the 'insert the game card' message, then having to go to Album, launch via their SX OS menu, scroll-over and find the game, and mount it and go back.

As long as you have at least mounted your XCI image once via their SX OS menu, now you can just simply click on a XCI Game Icon and it will Auto-Mount and Launch for you directly from the Horizon Home Screen. Is that not amazing! :)
NEW RELEASE: (Nov. 2th, 2019)
Changelog v1.1
  • Added USB HDD Support
  • Improved XCI detection
  • Database caching for speed
NOTE: If you have large XCI collection on your USB HDD, first time usage may take a couple of minutes for the database to be built.
IMPORTANT: If you get an Error Code on boot-up, then it means your SD Card has corruption on it, please re-format it and start fresh.
As usual, you can find their latest version of SX Autoloader in the TX Community Resources section, just unpack the new version overwriting the previous files.

To see it in action check out this video below:

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: updated post with v1.1 changelog

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There's no such a thing as exclusively exFAT corruption, FAT32 is corrupting as well. The latter just a little more durable due to the second copy of a filesystem tree so it can survive in more cases. If you don't use actively writing to a microSD homebrew apps, you most likely won't face corruptions at all, nor on FAT32 neither on exFAT. But if you do, the FAT32 is an obvious choice.

Reactions: satelman

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help , i updated SXOS and got the latest SX autoloader, now my siwtch crashes whenever i plug in my external HDD, any idea ??

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If you don't use actively writing to a microSD homebrew apps, you most likely won't face corruptions at all.

Not true, If you use Atmosphere and load a theme or plugin or program such as amiiswap or some other homebrew or game that crashes, Atmosphere writes a crash log to the micro sd card, due to the fact your switch has just crashed - this writing can wreak havok to the exfat file allocation table and likely cause corruption in your card. Some of the file entries hex value is changed to E5, and the system no longer knows where to find the file.

Until Atmosphere or other software/homebrew disables logging or writing to sd card, you'll always have a high chance of file allocation table corruption when using exfat, that's why fat32 is better just now, simply because there's always a backup of the file allocation table, so the files can be found from that backup table if the other one is corrupted.

ckenni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to move the discussion about ExFat vs Fat32 to another thread? I agree that this topic is important but it is derailing the discussion about figuring the issues with Autoloader.

On my end, i figured out 2 XCIs that i needed to delete to prevent the XCI album to crash. I also renamed all my XCIs and removed other layeredfs files in my SXOS installation.

Unfortunately, the Autoloader still crashes randomly even if it is just idle on the game select screen. I just removed the autoloader and will wait for a more stable version

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do i have to be on latest fimrware version and on latest SX OS version to get this autoloader running or can i stay on fw 8 and sx os 2.5.3 ?

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update- i removed this as well. maybe it works great if you have a few XCI's or something, but i have a TB of stuff, and even trying to let it scan for a couple hours it never seems to stop crashing eventually and ramdomly.

right now its just too good to be true but hopefully they fix it. i almost wish it fully worked before being announced

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
same.
as i said earlier, from my experience at least, i’m going need something more stable
pity as it seemed to have great potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow