TX Presents SX Dumper v2.0.1

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, May 4, 2019.

1. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    It dumps installed eshop games (as well as installed homebrew), updates and xci games - xci dumps can be trimmed and certs removed and also split into 4 gig chunks.

Here's a screenshot of an eshop game - and ability to dump:
    [​IMG]

osaka35 likes this.
  2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    Nice, I can dump the stardew valley update for the official JP cart now since no one uploaded it. I had to update it through my stock fw.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  3. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    I now can mount an xci from usb, then boot into ordinary firmware - download the update from ninty servers, boot back into sxos and dump the update. This saves a lot of messing about trying to find new (and older game) updates now :-).

4. fatHusky

fatHusky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    Canada
    is there a easy dumper for eshop games too

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

could i have a link to the site

5. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive GBAtemp Expert

Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    great, now update sx os so the installer actually works, cant install mario odyssey because it keeps opening with an error, and i dont know if its the update or the installer.

6. Wario

Wario Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2019
    United States
    I'd like to know too. I hate it when digital only games become delisted and you can never buy them again or sometimes redownload them even if you were a legit owner.

This would be a good way to archive digital only games on the Internet Archive which is exempt from DMCA for preservation. Especially if the cert removal allows the backup to be played on any units.

BakerxXxFiona likes this.
  7. gizmomelb
    This message by gizmomelb has been removed from public view by Joe88, May 5, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    May 5, 2019
  8. midstor

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Do you have any examples of that happening? It was only on people like hexkyz when it was triggered on purpose. People like you are the problem in this community, holding the community back by blind hate. Please, message an admin requesting ur account to be deleted... do the whole community a big favor.. thanks

JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  9. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I was talking about Gateway not SX OS. No need to get so wound up about it either. The proof is a page back but I'll link it again anyway. https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-gateway-3ds-brick.361206/

10. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    I can't, because their site considered a warez site, but here is the previous thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tx-presents-sx-dumper-v2-0-0.536369/

I guess Gary forget to include his name this time, but it's including in their site.

11. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    I placed the headline there 3 times, and it keeps getting removed, i have no idea why the 'our friends from WAIN' line is being censored.

12. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes, i remember when you opened the thread it was there but then it's gone, weird.

13. tomi1578

tomi1578 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2018
    Israel
    sx copies everything from atmos
    awesome i'm going to go make emunand on atmos thank you!!!

14. midstor

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Alright, just seemed to see like you where blind hating SXOS, Sorry. I should've looked for more context.

Essasetic likes this.
  15. seanp2500
    This message by seanp2500 has been removed from public view by Joe88, May 8, 2019, Reason: Your video shows a title key which is not allowed here..
    May 6, 2019
  16. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Does this dump DLC as well?

17. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Not yet, but its a feature being worked on for the next update! :)

CrisFTW likes this.
  18. Mikep90

Mikep90 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Im having problems it crashing the switch everytime. I can not get it to run without it crashing. Anybody have a possible fix for me