TX Presents SX Dumper v2.0.4 - Now With 'Install Cartridge' Options

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Jun 1, 2019.

Front-page
    Team WAIN continues to improve their SX Dumper app, adding more features users have requested!
    SD204-1.

Team WAIN is back, and their latest update allows you to now directly 'install cartridges', and even 'mount xci' images, check it out below:
    SD204-2.

That's all for today, but please stay tuned for more exciting news! :)

—< Team-Xecuter – Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Josshy0125, tbb043, NoNAND and 16 others like this.
    Discussion (46 replies)
  1. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I dont get this "added ability to mount xci when found.".. isnt that by default on sxos ?

2. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    it saves you steps, instead of mounting the xci you want first in sx os rommenu and then going into sx dumper, you can easy pick what xci you want directly from app, this saves button presses and time, as you can browse all your installed games and xci images from within sx dumper now, and just mount the one you want and even select 'install' which basically converts the xci on the fly to your sdcard or nand as installed game, saving you the need to use other apps, or utilities.

and now with install cartridge, even more time saving, borrow the latest game from a friend, or buy one (like you should), now you can just insert the cartridge and pick 'install', it basically dumps, installs all in one-step, no need to dump it into xci, and then mount the xci, great for people that sadly like having nsp way of gaming on their switch with everything on homescreen and not wanting to mess around with xci images, etc.

there is alot more to come over the next few weeks with this app, so stay tuned as the developers work on adding in more features, etc.

3. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    When choosing Open on installed game when you go to "Dump game" or "Dump Update" or "Dump DLC", for 3 seconds it doesn't want to go up or down.

Last edited by masagrator, Jun 1, 2019
    THYPLEX likes this.
  4. Chapi

Chapi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Now with tasty Toast Option.

5. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Hopefully TX can get the chance to add a way to increase the Emunand size on the SD card. I prefer games to be installed to "emu"NAND over SD. It's just to avoid potential corruption

KlariNoX likes this.
  6. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    Does the program have the code that emulates the xcis in it or does it proxy the sx os romenu code

7. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I still like more .XCI, but that would be great, at least doom update which was 8GB wouldnt install in the mSD it always fail (using SX OS album installer, I never use the SX installer or tinfoil or whatever...), I could only install into the emunand and if a lot of games in the future start going like this with 8GB+ updates that only allow to install to emunand, the 32GB = Kaput very fast...

It was cool if it allow us to chose any custom size we wanted for the emunand from 32GB to whatever...

Last edited by guily6669, Jun 1, 2019
  8. frostii

frostii GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm curious - when/if this be implemented into the existing SX OS software? Wouldn't it be better to have an all-in-one?

9. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I would love to see a 900GB Nand with a 1TB sd card on emunand

Last edited by CrisFTW, Jun 1, 2019
    usernamecharlie likes this.
  10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That install cartridge feature would be useful to have in Tinfoil and SX Installer. Seems more fitting for those.
    Don't use the album installer, it's known to corrupt installs sometimes. Use http://tinfoil.io - it's what SX Installer is based off (they just reskinned it), but more up to date.

GilgameshArcher and gizmomelb like this.
  11. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Tinfoil can already install XCI games as NSP just gotta dump the game first from the cartridge of course. In a way this feature can be useful to cut time

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  12. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Who is Team WAIN?

Budsixz likes this.
  13. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    the ability to directly mount an XCI is something I have been asking about for months, as well as contacted the TX facebook page on info on how to do it - but never any reply.

Having the app make an index of all XCI titles so you can then select the XCI and mount it, without the entire HDD being scanned each time (and timing out if you have a lot of XCI files) would be a godsend.

As would being able to bookmark favourite XCIs so you can go to them even quicker than having to list through a large number of titles.

So I'm hoping to see something like that in the next SX Installer or SX Dumper please.

14. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    I think I'll use this to load my xcis now.

I have to wait 90+ seconds for all my ROMs to load off my HDD before it will mount anything from the default rom menu. That things super outdated and needs fixed.

gizmomelb likes this.
  15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Still waiting for a "dump NSPs to XCI" option, with installed updates included in.

16. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    @garyopa we need a way to go online with a emunand clean without any cfw feature to stay on sysnand so low as we can...
    plz add a option to launch a emunand no cfw no mods clean ofw

ah and cool would be when have it before mariomaker...

thanks forward

Last edited by loler55, Jun 2, 2019
  17. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2017
    @garyopa
    Any chance of a grid view for the xcis?

astrocapsule likes this.
  18. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    The whole point of Emunand is to keep Sysnand clean from homebrew. Why would this be needed? Hopefully you know if you get banned on Emunand, your Sysnand is banned as well

Edit: you can already load emunand without CFW. Just hold the volume button when injecting the payload, load OFW like you would on Sysnand and you're set to play Emunand to keep your Sysnand on a low firm because reasons we dont know why you cant use choidujournx to update without burning fuse

Last edited by CrisFTW, Jun 2, 2019
    loler55 and SonyUSA like this.
  19. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    Gahhh! Finally! I've been wanting a way to just install my carts directly to my emunand for tinkering. Just as I was wondering why this wasn't a thing BOOM! It's a thing :)