Team [WAIN] Updates SX Autoloader to v1.20

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2016
    have this issue as well.

2. cherup

cherup Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You might can check if you have some special characters in some names which caused crashes at least in version 1.1. Not sure is this is fixed in the 1.2

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

3. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Some people still seem to have issue with that special E in the pokemon games! -- Best to rename it to normal alphabet letter! :)

4. BloodRose

BloodRose GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2007
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
  5. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    oh fm 8.1 and sxos 2.92 switch crashes when plugged into the hdd.

6. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    there is a newer version of the XCI auto-loader (v2.0?), try that.

7. Raahz

Raahz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    Sweden
    This is great! Thx! :D

8. PsychOsmosis

PsychOsmosis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    People that got it working for HDD, where are located your XCIs?

I had them in hdd:/xci/ first, but they were not even showing up in album, and autoloader only logs Trying to find: [...].
    I moved them all to hdd:/sxos/xci/ and now they show up in Album (already way faster than mounting them with SX Installer, which I have been doing since HDD support came out), but autoloader still only logs Trying to find: [...].

So did anybody manage to get it working when the files are not directly on the root of the HDD?
    I have seen reports of it working from root, but I have yet to see anybody reporting it working from any subfolder.

9. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Jun 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Drakonia
    My backups are located at: HDD:\sxos\xci

Everything works fine.

10. PsychOsmosis

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    Huh, weird. Thanks for the reply, now I won't have to do a bunch of unnecessary testing!

Could you tell me if you see a "Folder found" (something along these lines) line for HDD:/sxos/xci in the .txt log file? It doesn't show up for me, but it did show up for my empty SD:/sxos/xci before I deleted it (thinking it was maybe stopping its search after having found that one).

Other hypothesis: it might be due to the fact that I never mounted most of my games from the Album menu (due to them not showing up there before yesterday). I'll try mounting a bunch of them and then try the autoloader when I have a few minutes.

11. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    you need to mount each xci at least once from the album menu first. - after that it should pick them up automatically without any issues.

darkseekerliu likes this.
  12. PsychOsmosis

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    I know, but I mounted The Witcher 3 about 4-5 times already and it still doesn't work though. I was saying I was going to try to mount a bunch of them and try to autoload some of them to see if it changes anything, but my Witcher experience makes me think it might not work without troubleshooting.

Edit: I also mounted Resident Evil 0 in the Album and had the same result with the autoloader yesterday.

Edit2: Tried 5 more games, still not working. At this point, it would be nice to know if the "Folder found" message is supposed to appear in the log file for the HDD, as it doesn't in my case. I guess I'll have to try having them on root next.

Last edited by PsychOsmosis, Nov 24, 2019
  13. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    It’s a pity autoloader can’t be used when you have dual CFW (I use Sx Os for xci on hdd and Atmosphere for some homebrews not supported by sx os and on the go with installed games also).
    The fact is once the title of autoloader is installed, It crashes launching games from the album under atmosphere, black screen, every else works (homebrews, ...) but sadly not the games.

14. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    Can you explain that part a bit for me?
    As I understand it,you are saying launching games from Album while using Atmosphere causes a crash? Which games would that be

15. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    Actually, what I meant is : once autoloader installed as a title, you can’t launch games under atmosphere (I’m under Emmunand sx os hidden partition) from the home menu and can’t launch hbmenu from album with title override, only applet mode and removing autoloader fix the issue. It does that for all the games under atmosphere.

Last edited by Maupiti, Nov 29, 2019
    Andalitez likes this.
  16. lisko

lisko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    But autoloader should be in sxos/titles and atmosphere doesn't look in that folder at all. Maybe the problem is elsewhere?

17. lisko

lisko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    But autoloader should be in sxos/titles and atmosphere doesn't look in that folder at all. Maybe the problem is elsewhere?

18. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    Maybe,.. I will take a look and see if that’s the issue

Edit : Well, I don't know what I did the first time when I copy/paste the Title of autoloader, but it's working and doesn't crash Atmosphere loading games anymore...

Last edited by Maupiti, Dec 5, 2019 at 3:53 PM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted