Hacking Two R4 bricked - What could I do?

DeadZombie14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! I'm new to GBATEMP posting and also I don't have a very good english, so please excuse my grammar errors.
Well, Im desesperated cause I bricked all of my R4.
The first one died while updating its firmware on my DSI 1.4.5E, it is not being recognized even by a ds lite now.
So I got another one, and tought I could use it to update firmware on the last one R4 and coming back to life it (using the trick of putting off the card before updating). SUCH A MISTAKE, it died, too :(
I was trying to use R4i-SDHC YSMenu on it, however didn't know it wouldn't ask me to update, so I couldn't put off the card and it went bricked. Now when I open it, I just see two blank screens.

The first R4 is a R4infinity Revolution for 3DS Dual Core [PD902B 09-11-02 5009]. (The one that is no longer recognized by the system).
The second one is R4i V1.6 Revolution for DS. (The one that is recognized, but redirects to a blank screen).

I want to now either if there is a way to hardmod them to my pc or fix one of them :(
If it helps, I got a 3ds that has homebrew, a DSI that has hiyacfw (being able to run .nds without r4) and a DS lite that has no upper screen.

I tried to run firmware update on hiyacfw, but It didn't work.

Last edited by DeadZombie14,

DeadZombie14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
r4s-bricked.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you post pictures of the stickers on your cards? But I can tell you already that your chances of getting 'em back to work are slim.
there u have,
also I made a video showing whats happening with them.

Last edited by DeadZombie14,

Quadrotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I'm new to GBATEMP posting and also I don't have a very good english, so please excuse my grammar errors.
Well, Im desesperated cause I bricked all of my R4.
The first one died while updating its firmware on my DSI 1.4.5E, it is not being recognized even by a ds lite now.
So I got another one, and tought I could use it to update firmware on the last one R4 and coming back to life it (using the trick of putting off the card before updating). SUCH A MISTAKE, it died, too :(
I was trying to use R4i-SDHC YSMenu on it, however didn't know it wouldn't ask me to update, so I couldn't put off the card and it went bricked. Now when I open it, I just see two blank screens.

The first R4 is a R4infinity Revolution for 3DS Dual Core [PD902B 09-11-02 5009]. (The one that is no longer recognized by the system).
The second one is R4i V1.6 Revolution for DS. (The one that is recognized, but redirects to a blank screen).

I want to now either if there is a way to hardmod them to my pc or fix one of them :(
If it helps, I got a 3ds that has homebrew, a DSI that has hiyacfw (being able to run .nds without r4) and a DS lite that has no upper screen.

I tried to run firmware update on hiyacfw, but It didn't work.

You could try formatting the micro SD card after backing up your data but I doubt it will do anything.

DeadZombie14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You could try formatting the micro SD card after backing up your data but I doubt it will do anything.
I've alreay tried it. Like 3 times, didn't work :(.
Anyways, I ordered two new R4 from china using amazon, thanks for all the help. I ll still try to fix one of them using the new R4 Gold Pro when they arrive.

Quadrotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've alreay tried it. Like 3 times, didn't work :(.
Anyways, I ordered two new R4 from china using amazon, thanks for all the help. I ll still try to fix one of them using the new R4 Gold Pro when they arrive.

Sorry to hear that. Even if the R4 Cards are totally dead you can still at least transfer your data to the new one after formatting. I wish you the best of luck in getting them fixed

Reactions: DeadZombie14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi