Hacking Twilight noob questions

AvEnGeR-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somne questiosn about the twilight hack....

Do you need a modded Wii to use it?
For modded or unmodded Wii, if you use it, are there risks involved (i.e bricking, stuffing up, etc)? If so, what are the odds/chances?

Thanks a bunch dudes.

AvEnGeR.

zabikt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It depends of soft you are launching by this hack.
Hack is allowing to launch you homebrew soft. This launcher is safe (no risks involved), any possible risks will be from soft you are launching/installing.

AvEnGeR-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
AvEnGeR-X said:
Are there risks involved though?

No, only in Nintendo releases the IOS37 trigger and you have custom homebrew channels.

They haven't triggered IOS37 yet...

QUOTE(zabikt @ May 28 2008, 06:25 PM)
It depends of soft you are launching by this hack.
Hack is allowing to launch you homebrew soft. This launcher is safe (no risks involved), any possible risks will be from soft you are launching/installing.
Thanks for that. IOS37 trigger is something to do with code right? I'm no good at code :S at least, not yet.

Regarding custom channels, is it possible to just simply delete them? (I havent got a Wii yet
sleep.gif
)
Would Nintendo really release an update activating this IOS37 thing? (and if it did, would that brick your Wii?)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can delete channels yes =)

We don't know that right now, probally not, since they can get a FAT LAWSUIT on them if legit user(s) wii breaks.

TP hack never alters anything, nor does an custom channel, their for I don't think it breaks the TOS.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo would, they already have released IOS37 which is stage 1 in there fight against privacy.

You use the WAD manger to delete them, this deletes everything from the Wii. Using wii to delete the channel leaves traces behind (mainly tickets)

AvEnGeR-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So would you recommend installing the homebrew channel? Or isn't it worth the risk?

Can I just do this...Install the homebrew channel, if they release an update, uninstall it before updating?

Thanks in advance and for the advice.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
^It's certainly cool to have. Bushing and his team behind it have promised that if problems ever arise they'll fix them, so I'd assume you're pretty safe. Nothing's 100% certain, but you should be right.

AvEnGeR-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dylaan said:
^It's certainly cool to have. Bushing and his team behind it have promised that if problems ever arise they'll fix them, so I'd assume you're pretty safe. Nothing's 100% certain, but you should be right.

QUOTE(Prime @ May 28 2008, 07:39 PM) Yes to both of those questions!
Thanks! Great help guys.

I do have 1 more (hopefully 1 more
sleep.gif
) question about the twilight hack...
----------------------
Does it work with all region version of the games? (the zelda twilight game)
-----------------
Dont worry, I found the answer myself at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83479

But does it support the backed up version? (my friends backup, I was gonna use his for homebrew channel so I didnt have to have it on me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: