1. Patey07

Patey07 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    boot into emuNAND then format it like I would as if I were just normally formatting a 3ds?

2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    yes sir

3. Patey07

Patey07 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I screwed it up somehow. I booted into emuNAND but somehow formatted my sysNAND. The settings menu differentiates between sys and emu now but I lost luma3ds and fbi tiles on the homescreen, does that matter?

**edit**I can still access luma3DS and godmode on launch

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  4. wormdood

United States
    you can use rosilina to reinstall fbi (but you dont need it installed you can use it via rosilina if you so choose)

5. Patey07

Patey07 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I can boot gateway mode now, it shows the gateway logo, but the card doesn't show up... if I boot GW mode without the card it tells me to insert it to boot GW mode, so the card works. The SD card shows up on my computer and shows the files on it as they were the last time I used it. I can press select to choose the game for the cartridge and it reads the games on it but when I select one it doesn't do anything.
    there was a couple things that were slightly different:
    the version of BootCTR9 the tutorial pointed to me is named differently than it is referred to in the tutorial,
    and it said to use the latest GW launcher.dat, so there was no specific version
    I had to select the game a few times before it loaded, but it finally worked.
    I can't thank you enough for your help! :)

**edit** I've run into some trouble again. Whenever I try to load a game from gateway the system crashes. default 3ds error has occurred screen.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  6. wormdood

United States
    i am sorry i only have a limited knowledge base when it comes to gateway my honest advice would be to (ditch gateway) try re-downloading the files from this guide and replacing them on your sd card

7. Patey07

Patey07 Member
    Newcomer

Canada

after installing a game via .cia it worked perfectly. not sure why but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else is ever having the same issue.

Thanks again for all your help, and thank you to anyone else who helped along the lines.

8. Temptress Cerise

OP Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

United States
    What game was it? Are you on 11.2 EmuNAND?

9. RyoX9

RyoX9 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i am in 11.8 luma cfw, so is there anything i can do with my gateway red card?

10. wormdood

United States
    i honestly recommend you dont use it but for the sake of being helpful you should know you can create an emunand downgrade it to 11.2 then use this guide to run it

RyoX9 likes this.
  11. RyoX9

RyoX9 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    thanks i dont think ill be using it.

12. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Hi,

I have question is it possible to run new luma 9.1 with gateway (i am still on 11.2)

13. accga3

accga3 Member
    Newcomer

My n3ds japan have system nand 9.2us and gw-emunand 11.8 japan. Can i using red card gateway

14. wormdood

United States
    you will need to create a new emunand then update that emunand to 11.2 via a gamecard update

15. accga3

accga3 Member
    Newcomer

But sysnand i patch to us firmware.

16. wormdood

United States
    would you like a japaneese emunand for gateway or usa . . . if usa then do what i said above . . . if japaneese then you will need to downgrade your emunand to 11.2 . . . but either way to use a gateway you need a 11.2 emunand

17. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

United States
    If he has 11.8 that means he's already patched it as a frankenfirmware. I think what he may need to do is follow this guide, create a new emuNAND from US sysNAND, update it to 11.8 as frankenware, then inject his jap emuNAND backup into it.

Another option would be repatching sysNAND back to JAP (or restoring from backup), create JAP emuNAND and patch as frankenware, inject his emuNAND backup to it again, then repatch sysNAND back to US.

I'm not certain if any of that would work however since I don't have experience with multi-region NAND's.

18. SSKRider

SSKRider Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    I want to downgrade my 3DSXL 11.6 Luma to 11.2 or below. What's the best FW version should I go for?

19. Berto648

Berto648 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i have gateway booting along side my luma cfw. if i boot into gateway mode i can press select and boot the games off the card but no online play. and if i let the system boot regular it boots into luma sys 11.9. Think of it as a dual boot but the only reason is to be able to launch the gateway games on the red card. otherwise the card is useless. i followed some guides online and got it running smooth on two systems i bought the 60 dollar gateway card for. id hate to throw them away. serves as a space to store some games???? at the cost of a 1gb emunand on your sd card you get the gateway mode. i can vouch it works. do it if you got a card laying around and want to just mess around. otherwise.... luma on your sd card. hit install and let the sucker sit overnight.

20. _silencer_
    This message by _silencer_ has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Apr 19, 2019, Reason: Requested.
    Dec 21, 2018 Show
  21. racqueraze

racqueraze Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Hello! I am new here. So yesterday I somehow managed to accidentally wiped my gateway entrypoint (DS profile exploit) and have no way to access emunand now nor have the way to use the gateway red card.
    I have an 8.1.0-0J sysnand new 3ds with 9.3 emunand before. Unlinked.
    Its been years since I've last paid any attention to 3ds hacking scene.

My question is
    is it possible to downgrade from 11.9?
    if i want to use the inscripted AIO, what is the steps required for 8.1 sysnand?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Luma3DS, Gateway