Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshiishii

joshiishii Member
    Newcomer

by going to launch.rx? No, that seems to fail. I dont know why. Alr got the 3 files in root plus launcher.dat and the 3ds folder

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

France
    Try to clear you browser save data. (in the browser settings, last option)

3. joshiishii

joshiishii Member
    Newcomer

Okay will try. use the orig rxtools.dat or patched?

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

France
    The patched one.

5. joshiishii

joshiishii Member
    Newcomer

clearing cookies and history did it. TY. Will be updating emunand then going to step 3a

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sad. cant update rx-e 9.2 through other settings and system update. it goes through to updating then immediately errors.
    EDITED: Upon entering system settings and closing it. I am forced out of RXmode. (im sure because my installed cia's are gone. That seems to be the problem for updating. Haven't fixed yet.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  6. zero2exe

zero2exe GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    The system reboot always happens when leaving system settings. You get to notice it when using CFWs but you'll be kicked out no matter what method you're using. You just have to access to your Emunand again.

7. joshiishii

joshiishii Member
    Newcomer

Okayy. Then why won't it update my emunand HAHA. :/

8. zero2exe

zero2exe GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Since both the original and the patched Rxtools seem to be compatible you could try updating by launching the original one but honestly doubt that's the real issue, certainly I haven't heard of people having troubles to update until now (they eother went well or accidentally update sysnand).

9. joshiishii

joshiishii Member
    Newcomer

is there a way to check if I properly setup my emunand? Pretty sure the partition is there 1gb unallocated but around 500mb used(via FBI)

10. zero2exe

zero2exe GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Did you just setup your emunand? Because if you don't have anything important yet you could try to format it again with the gateway launcher.

11. joshiishii

joshiishii Member
    Newcomer

yaa. im alr thinking of redoing it again(minus the nand backup coz i got that alrdy.)

12. joshiishii

joshiishii Member
    Newcomer

HMM. Dunno what changed but Update went successful w/out having to re-install emunand. But since I injected FBI before updating emunand would that cause problems?

13. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

OK followed this through again today twice now and both times at the end when I go to launch the health and safety app I get "This software title could not be launched please download it again from the nintendo eshop" any ideas?

14. NextLight

NextLight Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I have a 9.0 o3ds and followed the FBI Injection tutorial but when I try to start emunand through rxMode it just gives me a black screen. Do you know what could be wrong?

15. Archaga

Archaga Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I get why we have 2 rxTools.dat versions. But why exactly can't we have both (obviously named differently) and have a trigger site for each? I'd like to play retro games, but no way I'm giving up MH:4U.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  16. Rak

Rak Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I used a flashcard to get into gateway launcher, formatted emunand, installed rxtools, unlinked the nands and started updating in RX-E 4.3. It seemed like it was finishing, but then the update gave an error and the 3ds restarted, I booted up to sysnand and tried to get back into emunad but the 3ds black screens after launching rxmode, my emunand seemed to have bricked, I assumed this was a weird fluke and redid all the step to get back into a working emunand with rxtoolx, I started updating and.... bricked the emunand again in the same exact way...
    I have already done the whole process four times from scratch and three more times from an emunand backup I setup after the third failure and I have no sucess. One time it actually finished the update and allowed me to turn off the 3ds normally, but I still got a black screen when booting rxmode.
    Any suggestion to what may be my problem?

17. miamore

miamore GBAtemp Regular

France
    i'm using . palantine + unpatched RXtools(without sig checks) how do I install the the new RX tools with sig checks? I download the files for the original thread containing two files "rxtools.dat" and rxtools_dsi.dat.. which should I use? should i just replace my old rxtools.dat on my sd card?

since it has the sig checks.. all games will be played on RX tools right? legit SSB and majoras mask EUR cia? are playable?

18. kat13

kat13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Hi All. It was the 2DS with 6.0.0-12E, after the step
    ***update your emunand to 9.8 before continuing to step 3a*** doing like in Tut only - do so through the System Settings app... and FW become 9.8.0-25.
    http://launch.rxtools.net/ and http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ is no working. What I can do now?

19. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

u have gateway flashkart?.

20. Rak

Rak Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I don't. I used an acecard 2i to setup the mset exploit for the gateway and the rxtools launcher

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.