Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

France
    Try this :
    - Format your emunand again (but don't update it yet) (backup your sd card content)
    - Extract your emunand and Inject the files, then inject it back.
    - Boot into your emunand and try to launch H&S
    - If it's work, use it to install another cia installer before updating your emunand.

2. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

This also appears to not work unfortunately, after extracting and then injecting FBI then reinjecting emunand, I have no H&S app within emunand now when I boot it

EDIT

Managed to get the H&S app to appear using the correct .tmd name, although launching it just gives "an error has occured please save your data in any software currently in use and restart the system"

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  3. VerseHell

France
    Weird, I tested on my 7.1 emunand backup and it works fine (on 6.0-8.1 you just need to replace the *.app file, don't touch the *.tmd file)

4. Rak

Rak Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I do, I checked their md5sum just now and it matched. Do you think that the emunand is actually fine but rxtools is unable to boot it? I updated the emunand last night without errors but it still when let me boot.

5. VerseHell

France

6. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

That just gives me "the software title could not be laaunched please download it from the eshop"

Really frustrating I must be doing something wrong

7. VerseHell

France
    Weird it shoul work if you're using a 7.1 emunand, the check is only for 9.0-9.8. :unsure:
    Well, if it's not a 2DS, you can still downgrade and use the old cfw method.

8. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

yeah its a normal 3ds so going to downgrade and do that instead, I have a NAND mod so whats the wore that can happen

9. Rak

Rak Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I think so. is there any chance of they being wrong and still giving out a correct md5sum? I used the hashes found on this guide to check:
    http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/Instalar_CakesFW_(Nintendo_3DS)
    And they matched perfectly, also, in the menu of rxtools both EmuNAND and NewKeyX appear green.

10. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    @shepe It's weird it's not working for you :/ It's not as simple as we thought. Hopefully Cake CFW comes out soon with network CIA installation like Palantine/PBT, without the headache :wacko:

@Rak Does it boot if you try the unpatched, official rxtools? I have no idea what could be wrong, I'm just a messenger lol

11. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

Indeed, ive now gone through the downgrade process and have it all working now I think

12. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    did you manage to make the Healt and safety work on the modified emunand in version 7.x ?
    if yes how did you solve it ? cause I always get the "an error has occured please save your data in any software currently in use and restart the system"

13. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    One question (I don't know if this has already been worked or touched upon).
    What are the limitations of being able to combine both the AGB/TWL .dat and the Sm4sh/MH4U .dat into one .dat to have both implemented in the same file?

14. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

Nope couldn't get that working regardless of how many different ways I tried doing it kept getting the same error as you! I followed the other guide and downgraded

15. l3ismarck

l3ismarck Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I'm having a little trouble with what's happening between #14 and #15 in Step 3a.

After I inject the Nand back, what am I supposed to do, do I have to transfer any files from the FBI Inject folder to the SD card?

16. VerseHell

France
    No, just boot in rxmode and try to launch H&S.

17. l3ismarck

l3ismarck Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, did that... Rxtools launched fine before this. Now I get is a black screen. :/

edit: 4 tries later, still a black screen.

18. l3ismarck

l3ismarck Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    yolo.png
    now, just to make sure... which of those files do i need to delete for step 9? US version

Edit: just to make clear, I only see 000000.tmd and the 000005.app in the FBI injection/content_USA folder. Do i delete all the existing *.tmd and *.app in the emuNAND.fat16.bin or just those two?

19. srwgin

srwgin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    4.0-10j 3DSLL update emunand 9.8-25j
    after Inject files it looks like
    無題.jpg
    then inject emunand run rx
    run hl and safe it fail
    I can not see the icon - -

20. SparkFenix

SparkFenix GBAtemp Fan

Not sure if anyone is good with spanish, I can translate more or less if needed. I found a guide for installing the Cake CFW mentioned by @samiam144.

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_ho-c...-sin-firmar-dsi-gba-4-x-9-2-para-o3ds_2104173

Not sure if the site has anything illegal, if it does then mods can remove it. It's googleable though. I couldn't find an english guide and this was one was updated today so I thought I'd share.

Uses the spider exploit and requires an internet connection, also doesn't cover emunand installing, only links a different guide that's pretty much like the one in this thread.

EDIT: Shit I'm an idiot. Cakes CFW released yesterday. This was just the first guy to make the guide.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.