Hacking [Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Since the undub 99% of people are looking for is Japanese/English, someone should probably do some testing to confirm that everything works with OP's new method. Not me, I haven't beaten the game yet and would rather not risk messing up the undub I already have until I'm done.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So if I want jap voices I need to install the jap version of the game? I already have the european version installed, can't I copy the content folder of the jap game to the already installed game?

Or something easier?

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So if I want jap voices I need to install the jap version of the game? I already have the european version installed, can't I copy the content folder of the jap game to the already installed game?

Or something easier?

Simply copying the Jap content folder and renaming the files to "EUen" or whatever is likely to just give you a similar result to just using the old method, i.e .bars causing problems with the overworld voices, albeit with far more hassle.

My idea is to replace your code folder with the Jap one, then copy over the Jap Voice folder and TitleBG_JPja.pack (which also contains some voices) However, there may be some problems with the font, and if you replace anything in the code folder, the ticket becomes invalid, and you'll need sigpatches to launch, IIRC. You might be able to replace the original ticket with the Japanese one, but if launching sigpatches every time doesn't bother you shouldn't need to.

EDIT: Actually, replacing the ticket wouldn't make a difference, since it's an out of region game. You'd still need to launch a CFW. Don't bother with replacing the ticket.

Last edited by FlappyFalco,
Reactions: thrik and Jhnsn

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this new method does not work if you have EU version of the game and you want japanese, right?

What exactly was wrong with the old method of copying language folders? Just some talent voices playing in english, that's it?

FlappyFalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So this new method does not work if you have EU version of the game and you want japanese, right?

What exactly was wrong with the old method of copying language folders? Just some talent voices playing in english, that's it?

Yeah, every non-cutscene voice for every character who had a dub (Impa, Sidon, Riju etc.) was still in English, as well as the voices that play when you use a Champion item or one recharges. Overall, these play very often, so it didn't feel right to have a character speaking in two different languages in a completely different voice. Anyway, I'm fairly certain this will work if you replace your code folder with the Japanese one, and then move over all the JP voice files, but I haven't had time to test.

Anyway, if the non-cutscene voices don't bother you, just use the old method.

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will test it bro, I just didn't hear a single english voice line in my 50 hours of playtime, that's why I'm asking.

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only copied the japanese voices over the english ones, but then again I didn't get to any divine beast yet, I mainly wandered around the south-east area of the map all this time.

thrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My idea is to replace your code folder with the Jap one, then copy over the Jap Voice folder and TitleBG_JPja.pack (which also contains some voices) However, there may be some problems with the font, and if you replace anything in the code folder, the ticket becomes invalid, and you'll need sigpatches to launch, IIRC.

Wait, I thought the OP suggested to have the Jap as the base game that you'd install on your Wii U? For this kind of undub, that is...

I am a bit confused.

Last edited by thrik,

FlappyFalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wait, I thought the OP suggested to have the Jap as the base game that you'd install on your Wii U? For this kind of undub, that is...

I am a bit confused.

Well, in theory both should work and give the same result. But using the Jap as a base requires more files to be downloaded if you already have the game installed, but also means the game you install is a smaller filesize.

thrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in theory both should work and give the same result. But using the Jap as a base requires more files to be downloaded if you already have the game installed, but also means the game you install is a smaller filesize.

I was going to get around to testing this today, actually. But, do we know if my US save will work if I try to play with the Jap version (if I were to have that as a base)?

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, is there any way to copy the modified files to my installed game without FTP? Something like copy to the SD card and then to the Wii U?

FlappyFalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Quick question, is there any way to copy the modified files to my installed game without FTP? Something like copy to the SD card and then to the Wii U?

Not to my knowledge, but you could use SDCaffiine or pack the files with NUSPACKER and install, but FTPiiU Everywhere is by far the easiest option.

Why do you ask? If it's because FTPIIU isn't loading folders, it's probably because you need a version called FTPiiU Everywhere. My bad. I should have mentioned it in the OP. I've made this mistake before.

thrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there interest in creating a BotW undub Discord server? Let me know and I can make one. It might help with getting help a bit easier, and help with clutter on this thread too.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try the new method too, I'll just uninstall the game and update and install them again with the modified files. I was just looking for a faster way of moving just the modified files.

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, any idea how to switch hour format & temperature format aswell ? I'd like to get 24h format & temperature in Celcius not in farenheight.
I'm on north american wiiu with us game & account. Region haxed already but i will prefer not download and install all of the eur version.
I tried spiik without success.

Envoyé de mon Z00D en utilisant Tapatalk

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Simply copying the Jap content folder and renaming the files to "EUen" or whatever is likely to just give you a similar result to just using the old method, i.e .bars causing problems with the overworld voices, albeit with far more hassle.

My idea is to replace your code folder with the Jap one, then copy over the Jap Voice folder and TitleBG_JPja.pack (which also contains some voices) However, there may be some problems with the font, and if you replace anything in the code folder, the ticket becomes invalid, and you'll need sigpatches to launch, IIRC. You might be able to replace the original ticket with the Japanese one, but if launching sigpatches every time doesn't bother you shouldn't need to.

EDIT: Actually, replacing the ticket wouldn't make a difference, since it's an out of region game. You'd still need to launch a CFW. Don't bother with replacing the ticket.
Alright, tried this and it crashed the wii u. There are two files, title.fst and title.tmd that aren't there in the japanese download. First only the game folder, then the update folder. First time - black screen with error, second time - something with update is corrupted. Tried to revert the changes - update still corrupted? Deleted update - launched game - wii u crashed. I think I have to reinstall the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it