Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this or Tubehax run Decrypt9? I know Ninjahax 2.0 cannot. I need a way to get my ticket.db from my N3DS so I can install my legit games onto my O3DS.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone Confirm that Ninjhax 1.0 / 1.1 Will work with the boot.3dsx?

Attachments

• boot.zip
    405 KB · Views: 215

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
always not working on 9.2 eur with the cartdrige oot it say failed to install save00.bin helpp me please

Axselerate

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all! So, after having a bit of trouble with getting this to work, I decided that I'd make a tutorial on how to use this for general convenience.

PLEASE NOTE: This is so far confirmed to work with 9.2 EU (only on a physical copy) and 9.9 in all regions. I haven't seen much of any one else test this on other firmwares, so if you could, that'd be super cool. Oh, and also, I didn't create this exploit. I'm merely teaching you how to install it.

1.) Download the 'oot3dhax_installer'
2.) Drag the '3ds' folder directly to the root of your SD card to go alongside your other homebrew.
3.) Download any homebrew in a .3DSX format and place it in the installer's app folder. (it's called 'ootsdhax_installer') The file can be named anything (besides 'boot'), but for convenience, I just named it 'payload.3dsx'.
4.) Follow the steps to get TubeHax/IronHax working and back up your OoT3D saves. (You can use this.)
5.) Go ahead and launch OoT3D, and as the game is booting, hold A, B, X, and Y. This will ask you if you want to wipe the save files. Go through with it, and wipe all save data. (Remember, this can be restored later if you want.)
6.) Exit out of OoT3D, and load TubeHax/IronHax again. This time, run the OoT3DHax installer and follow all of the instructions.
7.) If all goes well, the payload should successfully install.
8.) Boot up OoT3D again. There should now be a savefile named 'idleaway**********...' which extends past the screen. Go ahead and start that one.
9.) Click any of the menu buttons, interact with anything, play the ocarina... basically do any action to trigger something.
10.) Your .3DSX should now load!

Happy homebrewing! :D
Umm I'm new to the whole "hacking scene" would you mind posting a video on how to do this properly, Old 3ds 9.9 tubehax

Azure42893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed the instructions in the first post, but when trying to boot the ootsd installer from the homebrew launcher, my 3DS freezes with the bottom screen displaying red (top still shows the typical "homebrew launcher").

Using O3DSXL 9.9.0-26 U, ironhax via the Aug 19 installer (which is, AFAIK, the latest version).

EDIT: Followed the tutorial video that got added to the first post step by step and everything worked fine this time.

What I originally did was that I downloaded the necessary files individually (the .3dsx, .smdh, .xml, and .bin.usa -- I excluded the japanese and european saves) and stuck them in a folder named ootsdhax_installer along with a payload.3dsx (first used gameyob then tried homebrew launcher), and I placed that in the 3ds folder. The icon didn't show up in my homebrew launcher when I did this.

Not exactly sure where I went wrong when I tried this first, but I'm glad it works now. =)

Last edited by Azure42893,

julezS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone Confirm that Ninjhax 1.0 / 1.1 Will work with the boot.3dsx?
I'm confused by what you mean? I tried this boot with the OoT3d save(which is 2.1) and it loads but freezes when I try to start any homebrew. I'm assuming its because the payloads in the save are 2.1 and the boot file isn't.. ?

Alpuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can something similar be done to modify the save slot of another game? Or does it have to be Ironfall or OOT? If so, what makes those games be hackable and the others not?

Thanks

D

Deleted User

I'm using a New 3DS EUR on 9.0 and i when it's trying to boot in this debug thing i get stuck at am:sys

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way guys, make sure you include the .xml file on SD Card. The .xml file tells the Homebrew Launcher to ask you where to install the exploit. If you did this wrong, pressing A on oot3dhax installer (on the homebrew launcher) will instantly launch the homebrew, which will result in an error.

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this boot to the homebrew loader or just one homebrew app?
TL;DR: It launches boot.3dsx on the root of the SD Card. That file should be The Homebrew Launcher for everything to make sense.

As is the standard, it boots to boot.3dsx on the root of the SD Card. The Homebrew Launcher is actually a Homebrew application itself. If you wanted to, you could have it so starting up OOT3Dhax (as well as any other HB entrypoint) would start up (for example) blargSNES instead of The Homebrew Launcher, simply by placing blargSNES on the root of the SD Card as boot.3dsx. It's the same way on the Wii where you'd place the HB Channel installer under boot.dol, but in the case of the Wii, the HB Channel is actually installed onto the Wii Menu, so there's no need to keep the entrypoint hack on your save file (or boot.dol on your SD Card).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro