Hacking [Tutorial] How to decompress and repack RPX/RPL files

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
File is there, look at ※.exe files.

Green hill compiler is not present in sdk 2.x you can find "in the pastebin", but you can find it in sdk 1.7 (folder \env) and it works correctly also with 2.x.

Do not use spaces in sdk folders path, copy it in root to avoid problems.

Last edited by asper,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I was literally just doing the same thing, downloaded the SDK, no files in it, installed the compiler tools, still no joy. I'm thinking I don't have the correct download or something? Let us know if you find an answer for it! Thanks!
No it was not in mine either but a higher power came forward and helped without my knowledge! thank god for those higher powered!

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
I found the makerpl but I don't have half of the switches posted in the first page (-z9 is not available for example) and I get this error:

**Error: Relocation in sec 7, entry 227907 uses non-present symbol!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it was not in mine either but a higher power came forward and helped without my knowledge! thank god for those higher powered!

I have gotten the makerpl64 now also, I did not have to install the Compiler/Green Hills Software. I did however have to use the "SET CAFE_ROOT=path to cafe sdk folder" then it worked.

I tested on donkey kong tropical freeze rpx just for testing.

Original size: 10,615,336
Extracted elf: 34,304,967
Compressed rpx: 8,814,208

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I cant seem to get snes working anyone here if you can please tell me what switches are needed since snes Vc titles dont seem to work with default switches.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I cant seem to get snes working anyone here if you can please tell me what switches are needed since snes Vc titles dont seem to work with default switches.
fun fact for snes VC games (and probably NES too) if you edit the WUP-XXXX part before the rom you can share one common "SNES" folder across all snes VC games/injects and saves will be separated as they save as the WUP-XXXX just make all the PRX's called SNES.prx...PS this probably only applies to old loadiine file name setups though as the new format doesnt use the prx name to manage save/fs locations

Last edited by gamesquest1,

elmis003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can somebody help me I got Cygwin install and ghs when I type the command makerpl64 -f -z9 -s xxxx.elf I get a error option -z does not take an argument return-1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
can somebody help me I got Cygwin install and ghs when I type the command makerpl64 -f -z9 -s xxxx.elf I get a error option -z does not take an argument return-1
maybe your using a older version or something, but -z9 is non essential it just improves compression slightly

Pounou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone can try this with mario maker or splatoon maybe it works whit this

I will try tomorrow but i dont think it will work. The probleme is not the size of rpx/rpl. I think dimok will save us. His latest version of loadiine fix need for speed. I think he will fix other game by continuing to improve loadiine

Last edited by Pounou,

H2fans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
how to get a Nintendo license of ghs multi?
thx

Had got it by E-mail :P
But when i try to use makrpl64, i got a -1 error and a .a file which is ony 61kb :x
1445144207950.jpg

anyone can help me?

Last edited by H2fans,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...