• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I wanna do a poll of sorts like this post if you use rxTools 3.0 12-5, installed only NVER and can get on and download things either using FMP or HANS and if you can get on which did you use?

zephor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I was finally able to start a download process (MH4U). I launched eShop directly from the HBL (didn't do HBL->HANS->eShop). This seems to be working so far, just waiting to see if the download completes. Sort of a large game, so it may take a while.

Will update when it's done.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a bit of a weird case. I am using rxtools on emunand 9.5 N3ds, updated nver using big blue menu, and installed fmp using fbi. My nand and emunand are not linked, so I decided to log in with a new Nintendo Id. I load eshop through hans and it works fine, well almost. I am able to download some apps like pokemon rumble world, but not the new badge arcade. It gives me error 007-2920. I was also able to download other things like swapnote, but I can download most others like netflix or youtube. I was able to update some of my titles at home menu using fmp, but when I try to download badge arcade from home screen it tells me to update my system.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
So just to confirm. I have rxTools with 9.5 emuNAND (with a backup of course). My NNID is currently linked to my emuNAND, not my sysNAND. I've installed the 9.5 NVER from the first page, and the freemultipatcher.cia with the settings in the OP. However, when I run the eshop with HANS (via the hbl.cia) I get that 022-2634 error.

So to fix this I need to format my emuNAND and relink my NNID, correct? Do I just do that as I would on sysNAND (via system settings)? If not, what's the process?
That's correct. Format through System Settings, just make sure you've backed up your emuNAND and your Nintendo 3DS directory so you can put that back once you've linked the account again.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct. Format through System Settings, just make sure you've backed up your emuNAND and your Nintendo 3DS directory so you can put that back once you've linked the account again.
So I did all that, problem is that when I try to use emuNAND tool to reinject my 9.5 emuNAND.bin I get an "Invalid NAND file size" error. I'm using a 64 gig Micro SD card and my emuNAND.bin file is a shade under 2 gigs. Even assuming it'd work, I gather I'd have to use Decrypt9 to insert a CIA manager into H&S afterwards?

Incidentally, when I went through the process of setting up my emuNAND after formatting it, when I finished and tried to go to the home menu I got hit with a black screen. Any help?

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I did all that, problem is that when I try to use emuNAND tool to reinject my 9.5 emuNAND.bin I get an "Invalid NAND file size" error. I'm using a 64 gig Micro SD card and my emuNAND.bin file is a shade under 2 gigs. Even assuming it'd work, I gather I'd have to use Decrypt9 to insert a CIA manager into H&S afterwards?

Incidentally, when I went through the process of setting up my emuNAND after formatting it, when I finished and tried to go to the home menu I got hit with a black screen. Any help?

Use emuNAND tool 1.0.1 to restore.

For black screen, I fixed my issue thanks to this post.

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use emuNAND tool 1.0.1 to restore.

For black screen, I fixed my issue thanks to this post.
Great. Managed to reinject my emuNAND.bin and solve the black screen problem. Now I have a new problem though. I reinjected emuNAND.bin and copied back my Nintendo 3DS folder, overwriting the files already on the 3DS. I boot back into emuNAND and launch the eshop from the main menu, not the HBL. It gets to the eshop just fine, problem is when I go to look at any app I get the 007-2404 error.

On a hunch I go to my system settings and look at my NNID, and it's unlinked still. I try to relink it and get the "You must perform a system update" error code.

What did I do wrong?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Managed to reinject my emuNAND.bin and solve the black screen problem. Now I have a new problem though. I reinjected emuNAND.bin and copied back my Nintendo 3DS folder, overwriting the files already on the 3DS. I boot back into emuNAND and launch the eshop from the main menu, not the HBL. It gets to the eshop just fine, problem is when I go to look at any app I get the 007-2404 error.

On a hunch I go to my system settings and look at my NNID, and it's unlinked still. I try to relink it and get the "You must perform a system update" error code.

What did I do wrong?
Run FMP then immediately go to system settings you should be able to link your NNID.

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What did I do wrong?

When you format the emuNAND, you have to go through the setup, install NVer and Free Multi Patcher then setup your NNID. After that you restore the emuNAND and then you paste back your backed up Nintendo 3DS folder on the sd and then boot the emunand, reinstall NVer and FMP.

Edit : Ninja'd.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a N3DS with emunand on 9.5 with rxtools what exactly do I need to use to play games online like MK7 or use apps

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a N3DS with emunand on 9.5 with rxtools what exactly do I need to use to play games online like MK7 or use apps
Nothing special CIA's use a system header so going online is fine, if a game requires an update you can either get it from the eShop or download and install a CIA update from the internet instead.

Reactions: dmc310

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Xenon Hacks

Can you add this guide to the first message please? A lot of people have contacted me regarding this, I think it's very valuable for the n3ds.

Didn't you format your EmuNAND and link your NNID already?
If you didn't, this is what you have to do (you wont lose anything at all):
1. Backup your EmuNAND using Emunand9 or the Emunand Tool
2. Copy your Nintendo 3DS directory from the SD card to your PC
3. Boot into EmuNAND, open System Settings and choose Format
4. Boot back into EmuNAND and go through setup
5. Go to System Settings and sign into your NNID (now it will be properly linked to the system ID)
6. Inject the previously back upped EmuNAND to your SD card
7. Move the Nintendo 3DS directory back

And there. Your NNID is now active on your system and you should no longer receive the error.

Well, What I did and worked was:

5.a. Remove menuhax from sysnand, so emunand black screen is solved.
5.b. Boot into the emunand using browserhax
5.c. Install DevMenu, FreeMultiPatcher and HBL cias using FBI already injected into the Health app.
5.d. Use DevMenu to install NVer.
5.e. Use FreeMultiPatcher to spoof eshop, save settings.
5.f. Use HBL cia to open up Homebrew list, open HANS.
5.g. Use HANS to open NNID app without firmware spoofing.
5.h. Link my NNID and celebrate!

Thank you all for your help!

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you format the emuNAND, you have to go through the setup, install NVer and Free Multi Patcher then setup your NNID. After that you restore the emuNAND and then you paste back your backed up Nintendo 3DS folder on the sd and then boot the emunand, reinstall NVer and FMP.

Edit : Ninja'd.
Huh. Okay, just tried that. Reinstalled Nver and FMP, went to System Settings, NNID, tried to relink and again it prompts me for an update.

To clarify, my process was update to 9.5 emuNAND -> Install Nver and FMP -> backup emuNAND and Nintendo 3DS folder -> format -> relink NNID in emuNAND once I solved the blackscreen error with menuhax -> inject the backup emuNAND and copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder -> install NVER again with bigbluemenu and rerun FMP with the settings from the OP -> system settings -> link NNID -> system update error

Did I miss anything? I appreciate the help.

Last edited by The Iron Rose,

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Okay, just tried that. Reinstalled Nver and FMP, went to System Settings, NNID, tried to relink and again it prompts me for an update.

To clarify, my process was update to 9.5 emuNAND -> Install Nver and FMP -> backup emuNAND and Nintendo 3DS folder -> format -> relink NNID in emuNAND once I solved the blackscreen error with menuhax -> inject the backup emuNAND and copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder -> install NVER again and rerun FMP with the settings from the OP -> system settings -> link NNID -> system update error

Try shutting down and trying again when you install CIA's for example AGB_FIRM if you try to use it right after installing it the system will lock.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Xenon Hacks

Can you add this guide to the first message please? A lot of people have contacted me regarding this, I think it's very valuable for the n3ds.
The tut has been edited with your fixes hope it works for you guys.

Reactions: Fabbbrrr

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

To clarify, my process was update to 9.5 emuNAND -> Install Nver and FMP -> backup emuNAND and Nintendo 3DS folder -> format -> relink NNID in emuNAND once I solved the blackscreen error with menuhax -> inject the backup emuNAND and copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder -> install NVER again with bigbluemenu and rerun FMP with the settings from the OP -> system settings -> link NNID -> system update error

Last 3 steps are not OK.

You should open the NNID app using homebrew/Hans, not system settings. Then you will be able to link your account. Please read the complete guide I reposted few messages above.

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, it actually worked when I shut it down and tried again via system settings. my NNID is linked to emuNAND now, appears both through system settings and via the NNID app through HANS. Now to try downloading my purchased software!

bayer59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

I have N3DS EUR with RXTools on 9.5. When I want to install NVER cias with FBI, I've got this error :
Install failed!
000400DB20016102.cia
Source : SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_USAGE (0x1c)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALIDE_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALIDE_COMBINATION (0x3ee)
Press Start to continue.

I have downloaded it 2 times without success, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help !

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to make a backup of my emuNAND so I can link my NNID but when I load emuNAND9 it just takes me back to CtrBootManager, it was working fine yesterday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol