ROM Hack [Tutorial] Edit your Skyrim Switch Saves and add custom saves

Pistakilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be doing requests if you guys want. Just make sure you replay with [Request] and then what you want for your save. This way it'll be easier for me to identify those who want a request of save edit if you do not have Skyrim SE on PC. Also, I know I see older posts back in 2018 about a request. I apologize I did not get to you if you want I can edit it for you. Just shoot me a message and I'll get you.

D

Deleted User

Request - do you have a brand new game save with max stats, money and awesome items please?

Regards, Adam

Reactions: Tonexi

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry I'm not following? I'm hoping someone has a maxed out new save :)
Just edit a save with all stats maxed, full money, etc from the beginning of the game. Should be enough for most people.
I don't have the PC game, so I can't help.

D

Deleted User

Just edit a save with all stats maxed, full money, etc from the beginning of the game. Should be enough for most people.
I don't have the PC game, so I can't help.
I don't have the game either which is why I asked the OP for some help and marked it as a request.

If I got hold of one, I'll post it here :)

ManuS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

Had a question about this process. I'm trying to perform the steps but every time I restore my save file, Skyrim fails to load and give me an error. Can anyone help?

Here is what I am doing:

*Note:* I'm running CFW on 8.1.0 Switch using atmosphere and Hekate. I also have the latest version of Skyrim SE PC on Steam (legit copy) and I have updated Skyrim on Switch to latest version 1.1.xxx

1.) Started new game and got past the tutorial / intro and make it out the cave area to Skyrim.
2.) Save my game
3.) Use JKSV to backup my save files to SD Card.
4.) Put SD Card in PC and copy over the .sav0 to the Skyrim SE save folder and rename with .ess extension
5.) Launch Skyrim and load save (I get the Hyrule.esm warning as mentioned in the post)
6.) I then give myself 20 lockpicks and save over the file (this is just my test)
7.) Copy the .ess back over to the SD Card and rename to .sav0 (I still have the respective .sav1 file untouched)
8.) Use JKSV to restore the save game
9.) Attempt to launch Skyrim and almost immediately get this error:
"The software was closed because an error occurred."

I thought maybe it was JKSV but I used JKSV to restore a backup of my original save file and it worked fine. Then I thought it was me adding the 20 lockpicks so I simply just launched my original save on PC and saved over it with no modifications and got the same result in the end.

Couple things I *think* may be going wrong:
- Maybe the version of the game(s) matters?
- Maybe I have to perform some sort of edit to the .sav1 file? (I noticed that it was just an empty file)
- Maybe I need to reach a certain point in the game to do this?
- Maybe I'm such a n00b that I missed something important?

Any help would be appreciated on this. Would love to play through this game again on the Switch.

Let me know what questions you have.

ManuS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

Had a question about this process. I'm trying to perform the steps but every time I restore my save file, Skyrim fails to load and give me an error. Can anyone help?

Here is what I am doing:

*Note:* I'm running CFW on 8.1.0 Switch using atmosphere and Hekate. I also have the latest version of Skyrim SE PC on Steam (legit copy) and I have updated Skyrim on Switch to latest version 1.1.xxx

1.) Started new game and got past the tutorial / intro and make it out the cave area to Skyrim.
2.) Save my game
3.) Use JKSV to backup my save files to SD Card.
4.) Put SD Card in PC and copy over the .sav0 to the Skyrim SE save folder and rename with .ess extension
5.) Launch Skyrim and load save (I get the Hyrule.esm warning as mentioned in the post)
6.) I then give myself 20 lockpicks and save over the file (this is just my test)
7.) Copy the .ess back over to the SD Card and rename to .sav0 (I still have the respective .sav1 file untouched)
8.) Use JKSV to restore the save game
9.) Attempt to launch Skyrim and almost immediately get this error:
"The software was closed because an error occurred."

I thought maybe it was JKSV but I used JKSV to restore a backup of my original save file and it worked fine. Then I thought it was me adding the 20 lockpicks so I simply just launched my original save on PC and saved over it with no modifications and got the same result in the end.

Couple things I *think* may be going wrong:
- Maybe the version of the game(s) matters?
- Maybe I have to perform some sort of edit to the .sav1 file? (I noticed that it was just an empty file)
- Maybe I need to reach a certain point in the game to do this?
- Maybe I'm such a n00b that I missed something important?

Any help would be appreciated on this. Would love to play through this game again on the Switch.

Let me know what questions you have.

Everyone,

I figured it out! I guess it was a n00b issue - turns out that you *must* remove all other saves and the .ini files from the restore. ONLY restore the sav0 and sav1 files. I had some autosave files and .ini files in my folder. The only thing different that I did was follow the comment that was made in the original post to create a new folder and Saves subfolder and then put the 2 files in there. When I restored only that, it worked! Doesn't matter if you JKSV or Checkpoint. Same result. Though I started using Checkpoint now just for consistency of steps to follow.

I really hope my frustration with this helps someone in the future!

salem198650

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone mod a save for skyrim to give me the god house with everything in the game and a god mode character nord male I had one for 360 but I have a switch now I beat the game but just want to have some fun now

agarliathep

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys... just a question:
Can you succesfully move a Skyrim savegame from PC to an unmodded Nintendo Switch?
I read about the "injector" and that makes me think that the answer in "NO", but just in case... I'm new in this, so sorry if is a silly question.

Thank You.

Mc_Burt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So after deleting skyrim without backing up my saves, I lost my 2 years of playing ...

So I would like to reinject this save with checkpoint, but I'm totally lost I can't understand how to edit the save for checkpoint , that is a bit beyond my skills or understanding.

Could someone help me edit this save please? :bow:

Mc_Burt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: SkullHex2

Mc_Burt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup! I transferred a PC save that I found from the Nexus.

Instructions:
- Dump Skyrim SE savedata using Checkpoint
- Locate dumped savedata on PC
- Copy any ".sav0" file name from your dumped savedata
- Paste copied name over your PC save (eg. "20180528150316_Save1_C786113A_0_507269736F6E6572_536B797269.sav0")
- REPLACE Switch save with your PC save
- Restore modified save dump in Checkpoint
- Launch Skyrim SE and find your PC save!

I'm not sure if that's the 'proper' way to do it but it is much easier than following the advanced section for the very first time.

I'm trying to do it with this save but can't load it into skyrim. Can someone help me please? ^^

Reactions: SkullHex2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2