Turok 2: Seeds of Evil will release on the Switch next week

KxQQadz.png

After releasing a remaster of 1997's Turok 1 earlier this year for the Nintendo Switch, Nightdive Studios is bringing the sequel to the eShop later next week. On August 9th, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil will be available digitally for £15.79, bringing back the nostalgia from the original game, which released over 20 years ago for the Nintendo 64. This will be the same version of the game that released on Steam and Xbox One, back in early 2018.

:arrow: Source

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remastered, sorry but turok was practically identical to the n64, i ran the rom via retro and the game and both looked the same.

Hate when people call a game remaster just because it looks visually better on better hardware.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Remastered, sorry but turok was practically identical to the n64, i ran the rom via retro and the game and both looked the same.

Hate when people call a game remaster just because it looks visually better on better hardware.
You mean they only updated the textures, lighting, fog and the like... Gave us higher resolutions and frame rates... And better controls, and options for fine tuning.... And had the had the audacity to call it a remaster?? TERRIBLE.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You mean they only updated the textures, lighting, fog and the like... Gave us higher resolutions and frame rates... And better controls, and options for fine tuning.... And had the had the audacity to call it a remaster?? TERRIBLE.
im guessing he doesnt know what a remaster is lol, because on an emulator everything looks better than on real hardware lol.

Running n64 on an emulator is 10 times better than original n64 lol.

a remaster ususaly improves resolution and framerate , because you can run shadow of the colussus on ps2 emulator with everything turned on and 4k and then say the ps3 version looked the same lol.

Turok remaster have higher resolution than n64 hd vs 480i, better framerate heck on n64 a boss fight slowed your console to a slideshow lol, better textures, higher FOV and smoother controls.

this is how you make a remaster, i think you are confusing remaster with remake, a remaster is the same exact game with higher resolution,framerate and better textures usualy, and some minor changes, a remake is when they build the game from ground up like crash trilogy, resident evil remake,spyro trilogy and so on, so yes this is a true remaster, i think you were expecting a remake lol.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Textures no change, just look better because its higher resolution.

The rest you said simply better hardware no change just like running on an emulator, makes no change to the game files.

Try running it via retroarch or other emulators and youll see no change.

Ive done better texture remaster packs

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing he doesnt know what a remaster is lol, because on an emulator everything looks better than on real hardware lol.

Running n64 on an emulator is 10 times better than original n64 lol.

a remaster ususaly improves resolution and framerate , because you can run shadow of the colussus on ps2 emulator with everything turned on and 4k and then say the ps3 version looked the same lol.

Turok remaster have higher resolution than n64 hd vs 480i, better framerate heck on n64 a boss fight slowed your console to a slideshow lol, better textures, higher FOV and smoother controls.

this is how you make a remaster, i think you are confusing remaster with remake, a remaster is the same exact game with higher resolution,framerate and better textures usualy, and some minor changes, a remake is when they build the game from ground up like crash trilogy, resident evil remake,spyro trilogy and so on, so yes this is a true remaster, i think you were expecting a remake lol.

No a remaster is where you take the original and inprove it, improve textures ect.

Porting over to better hardware thus giving higher resolution is not remastering.

Hence why i said play it via emulation and compare, see no difference.

Your emulator is not remastering, its taking advantage of better hardware.

A remake is where the game is remade, example resident evil rebirth.

So no im not confusing, i am prettt much hitting the nail on the head here.

Turrok was not remastered, 2 wont be either.

Majority of these remasters are full of shit, its the same game running on better hardware and looks better.

They havent remastered anything at all.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No a remaster is where you take the original and inprove it, improve textures ect.

Porting over to better hardware thus giving higher resolution is not remastering.

Hence why i said play it via emulation and compare, see no difference.

Your emulator is not remastering, its taking advantage of better hardware.

A remake is where the game is remade, example resident evil rebirth.

So no im not confusing, i am prettt much hitting the nail on the head here.

Turrok was not remastered, 2 wont be either.

Majority of these remasters are full of shit, its the same game running on better hardware and looks better.

They havent remastered anything at all.
so no remaster was ever a remaster on your books lol

since most remasters dont change textures and turok actualy had a big increase on everything lol.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Textures no change, just look better because its higher resolution.

The rest you said simply better hardware no change just like running on an emulator, makes no change to the game files.

Try running it via retroarch or other emulators and youll see no change.

Ive done better texture remaster packs

Then make fucking it yourself and quit bitching.:rolleyes:

Reactions: AngelGT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o