Hacking Turn your R4 DS into an M3 Simply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manomanx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm liking your plastic case way more than the mod. I'm def. gonna get that =)

edit: I took a look around and actually found something similar at Amazon here. There's also a silicon alternative, but it looks way shittier. I'm gonna look around some more and am definately gonna try buying one.

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
lol, i guess you should make a video about your protective case, maybe a video review?

BTW: here you go

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=14183&cat=2139

but it's out of stock
biggrin.gif

and here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clear-Shield-Protector...1QQcmdZViewItem

still up for grabs

manomanx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, I looked around at play-asia and found a bunch more, but due to play-asia's retarded way of describing their products and lack of quality pictures, I'm unsure if some of them actually will work as advertised.

Here's a snap-on cover that can be applied to the top and bottom of the DS. It's not exactly like DjoeNtje's clear armor, but it's pretty similar. It's also one of their best-selling covers, so it probably works well.

Here's another cover, except that I'm not really sure whether it's a cover or not. Damn you play-asia.

There's also a black version of the second one, as well as different colors for the first one. And now I realize I totally pushed this thread off topic. If anyone can tell me anything about the three cases I showed, I'd be very grateful.

edit: okay yeah, that one looks way better.

Back on topic, wouldn't it be possible to construct a switch that can be used to switch from R4 mode to M3? It's only a simple connection between them, I'm sure something could be fashioned.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
so you dont need to remove the original solder on your bridged point, you can have two bridged points and then switch between firmwares without opening your R4/M3?

The M3 Simply has 4 points that can be bridged, 2 of them are bridged on the M3 Simply remove the solder (shown in the pictures posted earlier) and it is a R4
I didn't test the chinese / english switch, just cause i don't had the chinese firmware at hand, also i let that testing out for somebody with a chinese version
tongue.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very cool video, now the question is no longer how to bridge the
2 points, but what’s the best way to install a dipswitch. And did
you notice blue light coming from his volume & power switches.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, I just found this cool video on youtube of someone who modded their R4 to change from M3/R4 with a little switch on the actual card.

Check it out. http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJIFnLNu3m4

Pretty cool huh?

I wouldn't mind knowing how to install the switch and knowing how to get it to switch. The soldering part is probably easy it will be the cutting of the case to fit the switch that will be the hardest part.

Densen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, it is VERY cleanly done. I can just imagine my attempt now. It would probably result in a steaming pile of melted R4. I wish I had the skill to do such a good job.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, I just found this cool video on youtube of someone who modded their R4 to change from M3/R4 with a little switch on the actual card.

Check it out. http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJIFnLNu3m4

Pretty cool huh?

Wow at the workmanship of that switch location! I wonder what part he uses, a DIP switch is too big (height wise).

And what the hell is that thing near his volume control?! A clear volume control switch with a blue background LED behind it?!?!

Edit: then again... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNMWt2CKws8)

p.s. this is a topic about changing R4/M3, stop clogging it with protective case banter, start your own topic/pm if you need info!!!
(not meant to sound harsh, but off-topics kinda annoy me)

jelbo

Ōkami!
OP
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Awesome! I thought that it would be too small to fit a switch in it.

Then again, there's an easier way to switch between them. Just download both skins for both carts and switch between skins to convert your cart. because as far as i can tell, that's the only difference between them (as of right now)
biggrin.gif

D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Man, I'm definatly gonna do this when I got my M3 Simply or R4 (don't know what to chose...)
Maybe I'm gonna wait on the M3 Real.. and see that you can change it to a R4 too ^^

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lawl, what's the point of this? As of right now their firmware is exactly the same (M3 vs. R4). The only reason I could see for doing this is for the possibility of one creating better firmware in the future. But, who's to say that would happen? It's kinda like insurance. "Get the insurance on your house Joe Everyperson! You never know when your house will be attacked and destroyed by wild llamas!" Get the insurance, but if your house happens to not be attacked by wild llamas, you're out thousands of bucks
tongue.gif
I think I'll wait until one firmware surpasses the other ;o

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
QUOTE said:
 lawl, what's the point of this? As of right now their firmware is exactly the same (M3 vs. R4). The only reason I could see for doing this is for the possibility of one creating better firmware in the future. But, who's to say that would happen? It's kinda like insurance. "Get the insurance on your house Joe Everyperson! You never know when your house will be attacked and destroyed by wild llamas!" Get the insurance, but if your house happens to not be attacked by wild llamas, you're out thousands of bucks tongue.gif I think I'll wait until one firmware surpasses the other ;o

exactly

Kurai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So if R4/M3 stops making firmware, We can just switch over to the other one. Dont come in here and try be the forum hero and save the day, FUCK OFF.

Kurai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im talking to you and the other hero Katalyst, Dont shit on other peoples threads. and no im not joking

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im talking to you and the other hero Katalyst, Dont shit on other peoples threads. and no im not joking
lawl, stop getting upset over the internets. I mean, it's the internets, so yes, you are joking to me
tongue.gif
I don't want to save the day, I could really care less. It's a fucking forum, people voice their opinions. lern2calmdown guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F