Hacking Turn your Chinese M3 Real to English

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
kamikasekc said:
I bought 2 Chinese m3
the firts I did the hardware mod Mine DSL is now back in the store for reparation.
the second I dit the software mod after 4 days (nights)of patching I found the solution maybe its alread here but than it wasn t clar for me
This is what I dit:
1. I downloaded the newest system V3,7c both the Chinees and the European so I ve got 2 system files
2. I downloaden de patch.exe http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php...45.0;attach=932
3. I put the patch.exe in the same dir. as the English system
4. patch and now type in the dosscreen g6dsload.eng then choose Big5 so you get g6dsload.Big5 and then type in the dosscreen g6load.eng and then choose gb so you will get g6dsload.gb
5. copy these 2 new files (g6load.Big5 and g6load.gb) in to the Chineese system file and say yes to all (override old files)
6. copy this new patched Chinees System file on your Micro SD Card.
7. put the Micro SD Card in your M3 Real and slide it in to your DSL en turn it on you wil see that you can only choose the English language.
I hope this is usefull.

@kamikasekc

It's very useful, thank you!

However, the patch had worked like a charm on V3.7, but it doesn't work since V3.8...
cry.gif

Ginister

Trophies
XP
Country
Hellppp! When I do this to the letter then I get the language menu and it gets stuck on a white screen! Please PM me with help if possible or email me! ([email protected]) I think it may be my SD card but I cant afford a new one, its a kingston 2gb

EDIT: I've just found out that even with chinese firmware it does the same thing! Please do something its driving me mad!
(also where on the card do you save the roms, in the system folder? not that I have yet)

huds_n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hw abt Japanese ver .. i'm in japan, just got my dsl and thinking of getting M3 real (Japanese ver) thru online store .. so will software patched work )just like chinese --> english) or do I need to do hardware mod ?

thanks
huds_n

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
huds_n said:
hw abt Japanese ver .. i'm in japan, just got my dsl and thinking of getting M3 real (Japanese ver) thru online store .. so will software patched work )just like chinese --> english) or do I need to do hardware mod ?

thanks
huds_n

The software patcher no longer works like a charm on the new M3 real firmware on v3.8 and the later versions. I guess the logical language check was added on the loader routine.
hate2.gif

Japanese super hacker "KOTEI" was retired on the spftware mod for M3 product because he was accused to M3 Japan corporation, M3FLSH.JP.
cry.gif

qq194ken

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I had tested the method to change my english M3DS real --> Chinese version,the result is success.
Thank a lot to teach me this way to change my card region

pnutz409

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. I just opened my DS REAL to find out what circuit board I have... it says

M3 - NDS - REAL - CPC

It only has 1 resistor R5 where the set of modifiable resistors are. and is missing the others that I've seen on the first image on page 1.

Could anyone help me mod this one? Or is it even mod-able? Thanks.

pnutz409

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeh... I was trying to play the ngp emulator but it doesn't seem to play. I was thinking maybe I needed a firmware update but doing the whole conversion is just an extra step that I don't need to take if I were able to mod it. heh Oh well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system