Hacking Trying to understand what to do next with my N3DS

CIH137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished modding my N3DS. I still have EMUNAND of 9.0 i think. I use gateway and I have the DS profile exploit.

How do I update to 9.5 easily or do I need to if I plan to use gateway?

Also I want to play the new triforce heroes game and animal crossing happy house maker. Can I play the .3ds version or do I just need to install the cia or is there more to playing it?

Edit: I see happy home design is 9.5 min firmware. Can I use it update my EMUNAND to 9.5? Also I did the whole format NAND thing. I know my theme color stays the same when I leave EMUNAND is that normal?

Last edited by CIH137,

GenLyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to rob your thread, but I'm asking the same question. While we're at it, would I be able to play online with my friends once I get to 9.5 emuNAND (if it's possible)? There's a ban chance, I know.

CIH137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to rob your thread, but I'm asking the same question. While we're at it, would I be able to play online with my friends once I get to 9.5 emuNAND (if it's possible)? There's a ban chance, I know.

Unless the game needs 9.5 (which I am trying to figure out also) to play I don't think you even need to update but I could be wrong about that. If you plan to use a .3ds file you may need to inject a personal header. I believe .cia files don't need a header so they are fine. You will have to find dlc and updates in .cia form to update to the latest version to play online. It is as simple as installing the version 1.2.1 for smash brothers so to speak.

CIH137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just installed Animal crossing .cia and started playing it. As far as I can tell, nothing updated and there were no hangups. Triforce heroes also seems to work with .cia. I am in gateway mode so I don't know if that matters or not.

GenLyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Animal crossing .cia and started playing it. As far as I can tell, nothing updated and there were no hangups. Triforce heroes also seems to work with .cia. I am in gateway mode so I don't know if that matters or not.
I see. Did you do anything to the Tri-force heroes .cia file? I'm still wondering if I can play online. I looked around and people were saying 9.5 isn't all that different, but I want to play Xenoblade again. I traded it in a while back and apparently you need 9.4 firmware.

I don't want to update via game cart as I've seen people say it updated their sysNAND instead...

D

Deleted User

How do I update to 9.5 easily or do I need to if I plan to use gateway?

Also I want to play the new triforce heroes game and animal crossing happy house maker. Can I play the .3ds version or do I just need to install the cia or is there more to playing it?
afaik, you can only go up to 9.5 with Gateway atm.

If you import CIA versions of the Anti-Piracy games, then you won't have a problem. The CIAs need to be cryptofixed, though.

GenLyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, you can only go up to 9.5 with Gateway atm.

If you import CIA versions of the Anti-Piracy games, then you won't have a problem. The CIAs need to be cryptofixed, though.
So, if we system update via Settings on emuNAND, the max it'll go is 9.5?

D

Deleted User

So, if we system update via Settings on emuNAND, the max it'll go is 9.5?
If you update using System Settings, you will still be updated to 10.3. But actually, I'm not sure if the 9.5 restriction was lifted. Try it while in emuNAND and see what happens.

GenLyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that I wasn't supposed to use sysupdater because CFW is enabled? It's 100% brick iirc. Unless I read it wrong... I only used it when I had devmode enabled on my O3DS to get autoboot for rxTools.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by romanaOne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1