Gaming My AC:NL copy doesn't work anymore. What should i do??

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey there!
yesterday i took my 3ds and tried to play Animal Crossing New Leaf, but when the message "Preparing your town" appears, it loads or like one second and then my 3ds crashes. I aslo tried to use the other villager in my island but same thing. What should i do? i tried literally everything i could found on this website and on Reddit.
tysm!

(i attach my save files)

Attachments

• GameFiles.zip
    64.3 KB · Views: 26

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it was working before and it just stopped? What makes you think it's the cartridge's at fault here? And you didn't mess around with the save, use plugins or cheats in the game?
You're not having any issues with other games?
Iirc AC uses the extdata, so if it's damaged (due to a corrupted sd card) it wouldn't let you load the save. This is just a probable scenario, not saying that's exactly what happened in your case.
Also, what error? an Arm11 error?

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i tried making a new game file and put the secure value in the old gamefile but it doesnt work. ()
then i tried to find the secure value with an old backup that i had via marc robledo and put it in the old file, but nothing. ()

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So it was working before and it just stopped? What makes you think it's the cartridge's at fault here? And you didn't mess around with the save, use plugins or cheats in the game?
You're not having any issues with other games?
Iirc AC uses the extdata, so if it's damaged (due to a corrupted sd card) it wouldn't let you load the save. This is just a probable scenario, not saying that's exactly what happened in your case.
Also, what error? an Arm11 error?
yup i used Vapecord plugin and LeafEdit long time ago. the matter it is that, when i saved, everything went fine. i didnt turned off the 3ds while saving, i turned it off when the title screen appeared and the battery as at about 80 percent.

other times when i used vapecord and saved nothing happened, when loading it all want fine.

its a transaltion error btw
Post automatically merged:

You're not answering any of our questions..
i was typing

i tried again, in this case it didnt crashed but the screen is stuck and the music is looped in the background.
i have digital and cardrige version btw, in this case the digital one.

Last edited by LNLenost,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a transaltion error btw
Is that what it says in the error message?
Anyway, does the save editing tool have a option to verify the integrity of the save?
Was the digital version made from your cartridge or did you download it?
Also, not sure if the save is dependent on the plugin now that you edited it, but it's something to keep in mind.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says only "Translation"
I downloaded it from hShop
No option to verify, but before it worked perfectly fine with LeafEdit.
There's nothing to do if your save is damaged. If you want to erase the save and start from scratch it's easy to do so, or if you want to restore a non edited save.

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, i copied the old gamefiles on my pc then started a new game to get the secure value on the og files. It all worked fine.

I just saw this thread of a guy who has my same problem. He said uninstalling and reinstalling version 1.5 of AC:NL:WA worked for him. Do you think it will be the same 4 me?

P.S the weird fact is that the last 3 or 4 times that i played i didnt use any cheats such as Vapecord or LeafEdit

Last edited by LNLenost,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So: the game still works fine, and there are no problems loading up your save data in the map editor, but you just get a crash when you try to load it, is that right?

One obvious solution is to start deleting things in the map editor and see if the crashes stop happening when something in particular is deleted.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But before you said:
No option to verify, but before it worked perfectly fine with LeafEdit.

I don't know what you're expecting at this point? If none of the save game editors can open it, the file might not contain valid data at all. Is it even approximately the same size as other save data?

You could conceivably download the source code for the save game editors and determine exactly how far they get before determining that the data is not valid, but you'll have to know something about programming in that case.

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Before the crash, i was clear.

btw, yep it keeps the same size.

Here its a photo of the crash

I tried ur suggestion, LeafEdit logs say that cant load the rail crossing because (somehow) its missing, so imma open a new thread where i ask for some garden_plus files, i confront them, and then replace the corrupted line on the old file with the other users' one.

What do u think?

Attachments

• 20230614_183024.jpg
    20230614_183024.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by LNLenost,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1