AaronFerb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1681482265401.png

Yesterday I tried installing SNES9X on my 3ds, I've put the .Cia in my Cias folder and put it back in my 3ds, but when I turned my 3ds on, my games and apps were not there anymore, and neither were my save files.
Then I put my sd card back on my pc and it was like this, I don't know what happened, I tried formatting after I couldn't find any solution online, and is still like this, what should I do to fix this problem? :(

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a good thing you put "I need some help" in your subject line, because otherwise people would just assume you were posting about problems with your SD card for funsies. :huh:

Then I put my sd card back on my pc and it was like this, I don't know what happened, I tried formatting after I couldn't find any solution online, and is still like this
I'm not sure what you think the picture is supposed to show, because every Nintendo 3DS folder is going to look like that. Are you suggesting it looked differently before? Does Windows report your SD card as mostly empty? What did you use to format the card? If you were trying to retrieve your data, why did you format your card?!

AaronFerb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a good thing you put "I need some help" in your subject line, because otherwise people would just assume you were posting about problems with your SD card for funsies. :huh:

I'm not sure what you think the picture is supposed to show, because every Nintendo 3DS folder is going to look like that. Are you suggesting it looked differently before? Does Windows report your SD card as mostly empty? What did you use to format the card? If you were trying to retrieve your data, why did you format your card?!
It had the basic folders like
3ds
Cias
Fbi
gm9

but now it's just this
Post automatically merged:

Looks like your wipe your data if you only got a Nintendo 3DS folder.
How can I start everything from scratch? What should I do?

Guys my SD card is dead, it's not even opening on windows anymore:wacko:
I'll be buying a new one and installing homebrew again

Last edited by AaronFerb,

nfoert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It had the basic folders like
3ds
Cias
Fbi
gm9
Just go back a folder. That long scramble of numbers and letters is your console's ID0. That folder is inside the Nintendo 3DS folder.
The file structure usually looks like this:
Code:
SD CARD
    - 3ds
    - cias
    - fbi
    - gm9
    - Nintendo 3DS
        - (ID0 (This is the long scramble of characters you see))

- (etc.)

Do you no longer have the '3ds' 'cias' 'fbi' folders ect? Please post a screenshot of the root of your SD card.

EDIT: Formatting your card means that you clear all data off of your SD card. You're going to have to start over now. Any saves and homebrew are gone. If you were following 3dshacks and hacked your console recently it should be able to boot without the SD card.

Last edited by nfoert,
Reactions: CoolMe

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but now it's just this
As per the other post, you are clearly showing a picture of the inside of the Nintendo 3DS folder and not the root of the SD card.

Guys my SD card is dead, it's not even opening on windows anymore
Sometimes people have been able to use testdisk or Easeus to recover SD cards that aren't readable in Windows, but if you also formatted the card, it might be much too late for that.

Anyway, just follow https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw to start over with a new card.

Reactions: nfoert

AaronFerb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As per the other post, you are clearly showing a picture of the inside of the Nintendo 3DS folder and not the root of the SD card.

Sometimes people have been able to use testdisk or Easeus to recover SD cards that aren't readable in Windows, but if you also formatted the card, it might be much too late for that.

Anyway, just follow https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw to start over with a new card.
Thank you, I'll be following the guide when the new SD Card arrives, it might be tomorrow
Just go back a folder. That long scramble of numbers and letters is your console's ID0. That folder is inside the Nintendo 3DS folder.
The file structure usually looks like this:
Code:
SD CARD
    - 3ds
    - cias
    - fbi
    - gm9
    - Nintendo 3DS
        - (ID0 (This is the long scramble of characters you see))

- (etc.)

Do you no longer have the '3ds' 'cias' 'fbi' folders ect? Please post a screenshot of the root of your SD card.

EDIT: Formatting your card means that you clear all data off of your SD card. You're going to have to start over now. Any saves and homebrew are gone. If you were following 3dshacks and hacked your console recently it should be able to boot without the SD card.

It just had the "nintendo 3ds" folder, everything else got deleted (even before I formated the SD card)

nfoert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just had the "nintendo 3ds" folder, everything else got deleted (even before I formated the SD card)
Weird. That's just what the SD card looks like before installing cfw. Did you maybe get a new SD card for installing cfw and mixed up the old a new one or something? :P Anyway, good luck getting it back up and running.

AaronFerb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Weird. That's just what the SD card looks like before installing cfw. Did you maybe get a new SD card for installing cfw and mixed up the old a new one or something? :P Anyway, good luck getting it back up and running.
Not really, I just had this SD card haha, I think I did something that corrupted all the files

Update, I bought a new SD card and is working fine now, it was really my sdCard that was corrupted, I lost my saves but that's fine I guess

Followed this guide in the new SD card it worked, thank you for the help :lol:

Last edited by AaronFerb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉