Homebrew The apps on my 3ds are gone, how can i fix it, i need help!!!

JQmon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to delete a question mark icon in data management and they all the cfw and apps are gone but they used to be visible on the data management but they’re not anymore and the only thing left is twilight menu. I used the sysnand i made when modding my 3ds and now the twilight menu is gone. what should i do?

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there! Just wanted to give you a heads-up that I'm not a pro at this, but I'll try my best to help you out.

It sounds like you've got a corrupted sysnand.

Do you have a backup of it somewhere?
If the third party apps are gone, it could be a corrupted SD card. In this case, it should be tested with h2testw after backing up all its intact contents.

JQmon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Just wanted to give you a heads-up that I'm not a pro at this, but I'll try my best to help you out.

It sounds like you've got a corrupted sysnand.

Do you have a backup of it somewhere?
i already used the backup which made the twilight menu disappear

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i already used the backup which made the twilight menu disappear
Try running faketik and see if your apps reappear.
Failing that, there is a high chance the data is not recoverable and you'll have to start over. You can try a data recovery program such as Recuva (free) or GetDataBack (paid, but works better IMO) but I have never had much success recovering data from flash, it seems to work best on HDDs.

JQmon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Failing that, there is a high chance the data is not recoverable and you'll have to start over. You can try a data recovery program such as Recuva (free) or GetDataBack (paid, but works better IMO) but I have never had much success recovering data from flash, it seems to work best on HDDs.
I can’t run faketik because the home brew launcher is also gone and i can’t turn download play into it

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was trying to delete a question mark icon in data management
Never, ever delete things you don't recognize.

First, the usual: copy everything off the card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty SD card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay. DO NOT SKIP THESE STEPS.

Afterwards you are probably going to need to rebuild your database files with CTR Transfer Type D9, which is a Godmde9 script. Read the post carefully.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543

Alternatively, you can just start over with a fresh card using https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw . You might be able to recover your save data from your current SD card using a PC (specifically with threeSD or ninfs).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

JQmon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i have a mac
Post automatically merged:

If the third party apps are gone, it could be a corrupted SD card. In this case, it should be tested with h2testw after backing up all its intact contents.
i have a mac

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum