Hacking Trying to Restore Bricked Wii

venn177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this happened once before, but not nearly as bad as this.

Whenever I start my Wii, it just gives me a black screen. I still have a nand.bin from right when I first installed BootMii, as I am overly cautious when it comes to things like this. The problem being no matter what I do it won't boot anything. I'm not sure if I have something wrong in my SD card, or what, but how do I get BootMii to run again so that I can use the nand.bin to restore my Wii?

Tried using this thread's ideas, but when I try to reinstall bootmii with a fresh hackmii, nothing happens, I don't think.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have bootmii boot2, right? If yes, then get modmii and build config bootmii files with autoboot off.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
sometimes people need to use the panasonic formatter (sorry I don't have the link, just google it). Ur SD card could possibly be one of the rare few incompatible.

If you ever can get bootmii working (from boot2 I assume) then run the MINI hackmii installer from bootmii. Yes I know it may sound gibberish at this moment, but if you need more help to understand then there is a whole community here that can explain it all in detail and help you fix your issue.

venn177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
sometimes people need to use the panasonic formatter (sorry I don't have the link, just google it). Ur SD card could possibly be one of the rare few incompatible.

If you ever can get bootmii working (from boot2 I assume) then run the MINI hackmii installer from bootmii. Yes I know it may sound gibberish at this moment, but if you need more help to understand then there is a whole community here that can explain it all in detail and help you fix your issue.

I've been using this SD card for modding for over a year now, so I know for a fact it's not incompatible. Somewhere along the lines I think I just broke something.

The problem with getting bootmii working is that in order to get bootmii to work I need to reinstall it through hackmii, I thought?

venn177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
You have bootmii boot2, right? If yes, then get modmii and build config bootmii files with autoboot off.

I deleted BootMii to try to reinstall it using HackMii, and now I don't have any of the BootMii files.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
venn177 said:
FIX94 said:

I deleted BootMii to try to reinstall it using HackMii, and now I don't have any of the BootMii files.

If you deleted bootmii from boot2 then you did one really stuipd thing and you are out of luck but if you only deleted the files on your sd then there is still hope.

venn177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
venn177 said:
FIX94 said:

If you deleted bootmii from boot2 then you did one really stuipd thing and you are out of luck but if you only deleted the files on your sd then there is still hope.

Only deleted the files from my SD card.

So here's the updated dealio: I tried using modmii to get all the files that a virgin Wii would need, and boot from there, and I got nothing.

Seems no matter what happens, I can't boot my Wii.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
venn177 said:

So here's the updated dealio: I tried using modmii to get all the files that a virgin Wii would need, and boot from there, and I got nothing.

You only need to get new bootmii config files...

venn177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
venn177 said:

You only need to get new bootmii config files...

I tried getting those from ModMii and using them, and the same thing is happening.

venn177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:

Using this I managed to fix it. I made the config files like that on a fresh install of everything from BootMii and it boots once before I have to recreate the config file.

Weird as that is, it'll allow me to restore it.

Edit:

Just finished restoring it, and it's still doing the same thing. You've gotta be kidding me ;_;

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make a new nand backup in bootmii, then format the nand.bin with giantpune's nand.bin formater. Then restore the new nand.bin. If that does not work you need to test for possible hardware failure, bad bluetooth module, bad wifi module, bad dvd drive.

venn177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Make a new nand backup in bootmii, then format the nand.bin with giantpune's nand.bin formater. Then restore the new nand.bin. If that does not work you need to test for possible hardware failure, bad bluetooth module, bad wifi module, bad dvd drive.
Not finding that formatter anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...