Hacking Trying to (re)install BootMii - black screen

bubbleboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a Jap Wii that I haven't used in 2 years, that was working perfectly fine (and still seems to be).

It was on version 3.4 and I used Waninkoko's installer to upgrade to 4.0.

I did install bootmii on it before but have lost my NAND backup, and I wanted to make another one.

I downloaded the hackmii installer and put the boot.elf into /apps/hackmii_installer08/boot.elf.

Homebrew channel sees this file, when I click load, I just get a black screen.

I have tried (renaming to boot.elf) the bootmini.elf but it says on the homebrew channel 'not a valid wii application'.

I was going to give this Wii to a friend but before installing stuff to run USB loaders etc I wanted to make a backup, but I can't!

Any ideas? The console does have bootmii installed as boot2, I remember doing that. But it doesn't seem to want to run from homebrew channel..

thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You need to have the "bootmii" folder on the root of your SD card in order to access bootmii. The folder was created when you first installed bootmii, but if u lost it for whatever reason, you can download/build it using ModMii. Download ModMii from my signature, from the main menu, enter "C", and from there is should be straight forward.

bubbleboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
You need to have the "bootmii" folder on the root of your SD card in order to access bootmii. The folder was created when you first installed bootmii, but if u lost it for whatever reason, you can download/build it using ModMii. Download ModMii from my signature, from the main menu, enter "C", and from there is should be straight forward.

WOW!!! That is the most amazing program EVER for the Wii modding scene.. I'm still amazed, it quite literally does everything automatically and explains everything all the way. Thanks so much for this awesome app!!!!! +100000 rep points to you sir!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1