Gaming Trying to play japanese Nintendogs + Cats Shiba on a american o3DS but never works

Chazpelo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please note that i have luma and i got the shiba nintendogs + cats on CIAngel. but it self-locks into that logo and the running dog? it never got to the kennel once.

That doesnt that on my american golden (not in gold) nintendogs + cats game cart :wacko:! i even tried to make a folder inside the luma folder and then typed 'JPN JP' with the txt file name of the title id of that game. but still that running dog.:( does anyone has a japanese game in their european or american 3ds? :unsure:

:!: and no i dont want to format as i'm in the lastest version and that could remove my luma and thus making me stuck with only 7 demos and free to play games. and that could make me lose having access to DSi system stuff.

any help would be correct ;)

tell me if i'm in the wrong section

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and im also convinced that it uses a heavily modified unreal engine that got changed...you see there was a cancelled nintendo 64 DD port of Unreal (due to N64DD not coming out) that was based on an alpha/beta version of Unreal but re-written almost completely
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    if you change the display mode it has some of the same graphical glitches like Unreal 0.83 had for example and I saw editor screenshots from one of the level designers
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    it looked to me like a heavily changed unreal editor
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    also it had some models for "mover" this and that and that is something Unreal uses for terminology
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I talked to this developer and when I revealed that, he stopped talking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    mhm
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    probably because the engine got obtained via not a direct route and I suppose they didn't have a direct deal with epic and it was significatnly changed anyways
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but I saw what I saw lol. it seems to be still based on it just like proper metroid prime seems to be based on unreal warfare to some degree, the physics of the water are almost identical and other things
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    even if it became an "additive world" that actually was the default state of things in unreal until they changed it, and its still possible to hack it in any version of the game to not use subtractive model
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    additive world?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so yea i believe the routes point to the cancelled n64dd port of Unreal and whatever deal was left out of that, it was developed by the lemmings guy, DMA, well more like the branch that also developed hired guns(the cancelled ue remake), they got renamed to devils thumb iirc?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...as in the world is additive..its all void and you have to place something in it to start..where subtractive world is filled with mass, with one giant "cube" that is a mass and you have to cut something out of it
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    that's how making levels for unreal work typically...but until version 0.84 it was additive by default
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    its still all constructive geometry though
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but yea..a lot of people have misconception how it really works with Unreal, they thought it was only subtractive but its not and the fan 227 patch shows that and allows you to choose between the two modes by making "new" map or "new additive" map
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    okay
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    it just does some magic with the bytes and makes it a void by default in one case where you have to add objects into literal void space and subtractive where you cut out shapes as everything is filled up by one giant cube in practice
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so the subtractive model is actually a lie, the true default is additive
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    "haha, its a lie...you live in a tunnel? NO! "
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sorry had to think of the Malkavian Mod for Deus Ex with that talking cat that breathes fire
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    what
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    LOL
  • T @ TheMines:
    @BigOnYa would updating my CFW change any files stored on the switch besides in the /switch directory?
  • T @ TheMines:
    Sorry if what im saying doesn't make sense im kind of a beginner to this
    T @ TheMines: Sorry if what im saying doesn't make sense im kind of a beginner to this