• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump Refuted the System and Showed it for what it Was

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Here is the other point of view. Trump was a salesman for a perception of the world, that was quite profitable for some people - and at the same time, quite cheap to maintain in terms of 'substantial' costs to something like a status quo. (Ideology, commitment wise, political capital, ... whatever.)

He installed some judges the GOP wanted him to install, he threatened the world a bit to pay more for US services, he wanted to reduce US involvement maybe - but at the same time Pompeo just cemented certain international relations that werent quite 'Trump' in anything but tone, in a continuation of existing retraction ambitions of the US from global markets (while still maintaining a regional force, where deemed important) certain trade deals were finished, resulting from a position that the US played its geopolitical power more openly, they may have been a little more beneficial to the US but not to a large extent, mostly in terms of trade balance commitments, they did onboard a few new trading partners, and thats really it.

He deregulated the market, but that didnt lead to a huge upswing instead the US got more indebted in the end, which limits future movement potential.

Of the things he 'showed' none of them werent known to any person with a somewhat decent higher (just in naming terms, not in quality) education to begin with.

He mostly said, that things were different than they actually were though.

No one caring about the status quo within the US was very dissatisfied with him up until the very end, he had represented himself as a pro industry guy, he had continued the US retraction from the global sphere, 'damaged' a few relations (which is also negotiating power), but nothing beyond repair and still provided an extension of the military budget.

And in the end - when he didnt win reelection, he pointed a bunch at certain vote supression schemes, maybe. But only the ones that didnt benefit his party.

He certainly didnt represent the people that voted him in in many other aspects than 'spirit' - he simply slowed some economic developments down - but all of those have now been sped up due to Covid anyhow at least to some extent, although under maybe a different pretext. I dont see the commitment to more equality yet f.e. - regardless of what some public figures might say.

The attempted protests (if not violent) will provide more clout on those matters, than he has. Imho.

edit: US-EU Trade relations (as of 2019): https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/...s/research/2019-03-08US-EUTradeRelations2.pdf if you are interested

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: smf

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am 46, he is the first president in my life time to shake the establishment up like this. Not since JFK... before my time.
i'm quite certain your country didn't move at all, if it moved, i doubt it's a positive movement in the long run. so he did some wierd stuff, fine, we've seen a few of those around here, it's not a big deal as you make it sound.
in perspective of really moving the USA of Abraham Lincoln, i'd put him more to let's say Kim Jong-un.
We all had our big laugh at such a wierdo, and it 's been a great clown so far, but sorry no, he didn't mean a thing.

D

Deleted User

That guy? Surprised he's still relevant considering he used to hang around with Lauren Southern or what's her name.

Frankfort42

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump was smart enough to see through the Liberal media and has since gotten lots of people to pay attention to it thus finding out yes, they are posting fabricated news. Trump also shook up the swamp because he was an outsider and not a life time politician. I have to admit I had much more trust in the Liberal media before they decided to turn on the President of the USA. Trump did wonders with this issue and some people are now better people for him doing so.

Reactions: Deleted User

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump was smart enough to see through the Liberal media and has since gotten lots of people to pay attention to it thus finding out yes, they are posting fabricated news. Trump also shook up the swamp because he was an outsider and not a life time politician. I have to admit I had much more trust in the Liberal media before they decided to turn on the President of the USA. Trump did wonders with this issue and some people are now better people for him doing so.

Just. Are you being sarcastic or are you actually that incredibly ignorant? Only fake news is Trump news and posts like yours.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump did wonders with this issue and some people are now better people for him doing so.

So what DID Trump do to expose this "fake news"? For the past 4 years I've seen a whole lot of him talking about it, but that's it.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake news... THE DEVIL! It's just his catch all phrase to blame everything on. He does some blatantly wrong shit and if anyone talks about it.. FAKE NEWS! The media IS corrupt.. But not as corrupt as T-rump. Fascism and racism. Now treason too. That's not the media. He really did try to incite a coup. I was watching the "Stop the Steal" rally live on the link he posted. He really did tell them to do it. If he doesn't get locked up it's a travesty of justice. Prove he's not a king and stand by the people protecting DEMOCRACY.. FUCK CAPITALISM. Democracy is what's at steak here..

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey @XDel : this isn't youtube. It's good that you credit sources, but if you want a discussion you're have to have an opinion of your own. Every jackass can post youtube video's and copy-paste the headliner (and optionally adding the word "discuss" to it).

I can do the same for many news sources and flood these forums as well...but if I can't be arsed to properly analyse my opinion on it and write it down, then that's a good indicator that others can't be arsed to take me seriously either.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey XDel: this isn't youtube. It's good that you credit sources, but if you want a discussion you're have to have an opinion of your own. Every jackass can post youtube video's and copy-paste the headliner (and optionally adding the word "discuss" to it).

I can do the same for many news sources and flood these forums as well...but if I can't be arsed to properly analyse my opinion on it and write it down, then that's a good indicator that others can't be arsed to take me seriously either.
Not to mention that watching just one of these videos will convince Youtube that you're a 12-year-old edgelord and ruin your recommendations forever. Nobody's gonna click that shit unless they're already a firm believer in the alt-right "philosophy."

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @XDel : this isn't youtube. It's good that you credit sources, but if you want a discussion you're have to have an opinion of your own. Every jackass can post youtube video's and copy-paste the headliner (and optionally adding the word "discuss" to it).

There are no discussions here, and I don't have the time to sit here trying to convince people of things that you have to research on your own in order to believe. NO ONE should believe anything without looking into it, and challenging their own assumptions.

That said I [{EDIT} don't] necessarily believe or side with 100% of everything in every video I have been posting as of late, though that is not the point, to come here and let everyone know what I believe, after all I'm positive my thoughts are not that unique in the grand scheme of things; though certainly a far cry from the shallow narratives the main stream media peddles.
What I am doing is sharing videos. Who ever wants to watch the videos are free to do so. Now if someone should come in, talk some smack about the video, and never watch the damn thing...
...well, then I guess that is how some people choose to spend their day. On the other hand, maybe someone may find a video I post of interest, and decide take it a step further based upon the information they gathered from it.

And that is how it works in a nut shell, or are you new to Youtube and the Internet or something?

Last edited by XDel, , Reason: missing word, context confused
Reactions: CORE and Taleweaver

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There are no discussions here, and I don't have the time to sit here trying to convince people of things that you have to research on your own in order to believe. NO ONE should believe anything without looking into it, and challenging their own assumptions.

That said I necessarily believe or side with 100% of everything in every video I have been posting as of late, though that is not the point, to come here and let everyone know what I believe, after all I'm positive my thoughts are not that unique in the grand scheme of things; though certainly a far cry from the shallow narratives the main stream media peddles.
What I am doing is sharing videos. Who ever wants to watch the videos are free to do so. Now if someone should come in, talk some smack about the video, and never watch the damn thing...
...well, then I guess that is how some people choose to spend their day. On the other hand, maybe someone may find a video I post of interest, and decide take it a step further based upon the information they gathered from it.

And that is how it works in a nut shell, or are you new to Youtube and the Internet or something?
Well... At least you're honest about it. Thanks for that. :-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not to mention that watching just one of these videos will convince Youtube that you're a 12-year-old edgelord and ruin your recommendations forever. Nobody's gonna click that shit unless they're already a firm believer in the alt-right "philosophy."
Meh... The irony is that I'm not really biased against it. I mean... What kind of a system do you really have where a president can commit blackmail to other countries and peach terrorism and - if it was up to Republicans - get away with it? We've both given Trump lots of flak for his actions, but I don't think there'll never be such a candidat again. And democrats are only really better in comparison,so by itself I'm not against such a video.

But the reason I've put @XDel on my ignore list is because he's not here for discussion. Perhaps there's a semantic difference with what he's doing so it's not trolling, but I can't be bothered to care for a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw