Hacking TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel Wads

muaddib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like an alternative too... all the links are down.
frown.gif

denied30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I finally figured out how to change the file extention for the forwarder channels through Customize Mii... I have just a few more questions... On Troys original channels he has a nice splash page when the Boot.dol is loading... How do I add that to my channels through Customize Mii... Any help would greatly be appreciated

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denied30 said:
Ok... I finally figured out how to change the file extention for the forwarder channels through Customize Mii... I have just a few more questions... On Troys original channels he has a nice splash page when the Boot.dol is loading... How do I add that to my channels through Customize Mii... Any help would greatly be appreciated

Use his as the source wad, and then insert the new icon and banner from either an existing wad or yourself.

Draumo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I've been using the FVC SNES Channel WAD for awhile, it's great. But recently I downloaded a pack of roms, images, and an updated .dol that lets me choose my SNES game with a cover flow of cover art instead of a text list of games. This also required me to change the emulator folders on my SD card from sd:/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol to sd:/apps/snes9x/boot.dol and change my sd:/snes9xgx/roms to sd:/snes9x/roms. Now when I use the FVC SNES Channel forwarder it just says "Now Loading" and then returns to the system menu. It launches fine from the Homebrew Channel.

So is there anyway I can update the path in the FVC SNES Channel WAD from sd:/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol to sd:/apps/snes9x/boot.dol? Or should I just go back to the default text list of games if I want to keep using the SNES Channel.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Draumo said:
Question: I've been using the FVC SNES Channel WAD for awhile, it's great. But recently I downloaded a pack of roms, images, and an updated .dol that lets me choose my SNES game with a cover flow of cover art instead of a text list of games. This also required me to change the emulator folders on my SD card from sd:/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol to sd:/apps/snes9x/boot.dol and change my sd:/snes9xgx/roms to sd:/snes9x/roms. Now when I use the FVC SNES Channel forwarder it just says "Now Loading" and then returns to the system menu. It launches fine from the Homebrew Channel.

So is there anyway I can update the path in the FVC SNES Channel WAD from sd:/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol to sd:/apps/snes9x/boot.dol? Or should I just go back to the default text list of games if I want to keep using the SNES Channel.
download customize mii, run it, open the wad for the channel u want, then build a new forwarder path of your choosing.

If u install devkit pro, and copy over the libogc on the customize mii webpage, u will have the ability to create a complex forwarder, which which look for the program in multiple locations as well as allow u to select a splash screen when loading the channel

edit: btw, u realize your very first post ever was post #666 in this thread? jeez!
tongue.gif

Draumo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
download customize mii, run it, open the wad for the channel u want, then build a new forwarder path of your choosing.

If u install devkit pro, and copy over the libogc on the customize mii webpage, u will have the ability to create a complex forwarder, which which look for the program in multiple locations as well as allow u to select a splash screen when loading the channel

edit: btw, u realize your very first post ever was post #666 in this thread? jeez!
tongue.gif

Thanks for the quick response, I'll try that out. And yeah, about the #666... geesh... rough start.

EDIT: It seems to have worked. There's now a DOS looking code loading thing after I hit start on the channel now, but after that does it's thing for a couple seconds it seems to load my SNES cover flow deal perfectly fine. Thanks for help.

muaddib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Draumo said:
Question: I've been using the FVC SNES Channel WAD for awhile, it's great. But recently I downloaded a pack of roms, images, and an updated .dol that lets me choose my SNES game with a cover flow of cover art instead of a text list of games.
It's very nice to have covers...
Could you please point me to this release?

btw... thanks helaciouscrumb for the links!

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rencentrly I open this topic about making animated channels like the boot intro of each console.

This is the post:
QUOTE said:
Hi guys! I saw this WiiSX forwarder channel and was wondering if someone could make (or explain to me how to do it) similar banners for others emulators.

I have search already all the boot intros for all the consoles:
Nintendo DS - DeSmuME Wii
Nintendo DS Boot

Gameboy Advance - Visual Boy Advance GX
Gameboy Advance Boot

Nintendo 64 - Wii64
Nintendo 64DD Boot

SNES - Snes9x GX
The SNES doesn’t have a boot intro... but we could make one

NES - FCE Ultra GX
Famicom Disk System Boot

Sega Genesis - Genesis Plus
Sega Genesis Boot or Sega CD Boot

Sega Master System - SMSPlus
Sega Master System Boot

Sony PlayStation - WiiSX
PlayStation Boot

Neo Geo - GxGeo
Neo Geo Boot
It would be cool to have all the originals boot intros for each console on the wii!!

I try to use CustomizeMii, but I couldn’t find a way to edit the ".brlan" and ".brlyt" files for the animations.
I search and found this
blink.gif
.... this is the only way to do it? Or is there a much simpler way?
I guess that this is difficult to do... but if someone could give me a hint of how to do it (or someone is interested in doing it) we could get the work done!!

Thanks in advance!!

locoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi Helaciouscrumb!

I like your addition but can you please describe wich directories are looked for the forwarders, I installed the colecovision but it doesnt work, where is looking for the dol? Thankx
helaciouscrumb said:
Here are a few more I did a couple months ago to match Troy's
MPlayer CE forwarder
I can't remember who's banner I stole to make it, but I will find it and give him credit on the MPlayer

ColecoVision forwarder
Colecovision screen caps included in the banner

N64 forwarder
New icon that isn't as glitchy, as well as N64 box art in the banner. Edit: now with a working dol, thanks xflak40

TriiForce forwarder
updated icon

Configurable USB loader forwarder
updated cfgUSB icon

WiiEarth forwarder
updated icon

Thanks Troy for the great forwarders.
I can upload a video if it helps tonight, but these all match Troy's originals as I've just injected different icons and banner images into his originals.

locoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm sure it works, but i dont know wich emulator of colecovision is forwarding from! You know wich directoy on the SD for forwarding the boot.dol, if you check please let me know!

Thankx!

Cheers

helaciouscrumb said:
I'll take a look when I get home tonight. I'm pretty sure it was working.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
locoss said:
I'm sure it works, but i dont know wich emulator of colecovision is forwarding from! You know wich directoy on the SD for forwarding the boot.dol, if you check please let me know!

Thankx!

Cheers

That one goes to sd:/apps/colem and usb:/apps/colem

This one will go to either colem or wiicolem. Same paths to both sd and usb for both emulators.

wiicolem or colem forwarder

locoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you man! Nice Work! Cheers

I hope one day I would learn how to make custom forwarders too
smile.gif

helaciouscrumb said:
locoss said:

Thankx!

Cheers

That one goes to sd:/apps/colem and usb:/apps/colem

This one will go to either colem or wiicolem. Same paths to both sd and usb for both emulators.

wiicolem or colem forwarder

Setsna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, got a Question.
Anyone here who could make TTZ's Forwarders based on the NForwarder58 (I can give a Source .wad if required) because I like TTZ's Forwarders the most they are the best looking ones in my opinion.

Or could explain how I could change a NForwarder58 .wad to make it the same as TTZ's from the Channel look,
do I only need to extract the banner/icon/layout/animation and just replace them in the NForwarder58 .wad with the same settings (RGBA8 or RGB5A3 for banner Icon and so on)?

Or are there more things to do?

NinteBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Troy.
I love your forwarders! I've been using them for quite a while now but I had a question. When I tried downloading your Sega Genesis channel your Mediafire account did not work.
frown.gif
Neither did any of your other Mediafire links.
Could you fix them when you can? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto